looking335

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Passing along Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, Florida. Per Dominic St. Germaine, "your order will be price guaranteed at MSRP at time of order approval. We have no dealer fee, just add tax and tag."
Sponsored

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just spoke to my dealer. Sands Ford in Red Hill PA will be doing MSRP orders plus (or minus technically) any rebates you have. I’m not sure about money down, (last year I was required to put $500 down for my order).
Just figured I’d let the community know. I hope it helps someone not pay over msrp for a factory order.

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm betting dealers will be more often asking for at least a refundable deposit to show you are committed to a purchase; given the threat of allocation reductions, if a dealer exceeds a higher percentage of name match rule violations.
From the information I received, I think you are 100% correct. My dealer/salesman explained Ford is trying to clamp down on "fake orders" made by the dealer to increase their lot inventory without a real customer behind it. Hence, a deposit, and even an I.D. may be required to show Ford for a dealer to order. The Maverick is so popular at this time, I have a real hard time seeing ANY dealer not asking MSRP. If you find one asking above MSRP on your build...walk away.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pacifico in philly is saying they are giving me pricing at invoice, have an appointment at 12 to put in the order. I haven't seen that in writing yet but they have mentioned it a few times.

palmtreefrb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX2, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the information I received, I think you are 100% correct. My dealer/salesman explained Ford is trying to clamp down on "fake orders" made by the dealer to increase their lot inventory without a real customer behind it. Hence, a deposit, and even an I.D. may be required to show Ford for a dealer to order. The Maverick is so popular at this time, I have a real hard time seeing ANY dealer not asking MSRP. If you find one asking above MSRP on your build...walk away.
Deposits are probably a sneaky way for dealers to circumvent being ding'ed for "fake orders" at least here in California. By law, dealers cannot keep deposits for cancelled orders. They can show Ford that it was a legitimate order. They probably want cancelled orders ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deposits are probably a sneaky way for dealers to circumvent being ding'ed for "fake orders" at least here in California. By law, dealers cannot keep deposits for cancelled orders. They probably want cancelled orders ;)
I am certain you are on the money on wanting canceled orders! The mark up is beyond ridiculous!!

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any recommendations for a dealer around Metro Atlanta? I have a Ford A-plan and want to place a 23 Order. The 1st dealer I talked to yesterday wanted a $500 deposit paid by card, so its not just holding onto a personal check. That dealer also had about $1000 in 'dealer installed features' they wanted to tack on, like paint protection, some GPS tracker, and film on the handles, etc. I said I would shop around...

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, since I didn't get any replies, and I was on a time crunch (with impending cutoff for '23 orders this week!), I went ahead and ordered with my closest dealer. Turns out that I was able to get them to take off the 'dealer installed' items, and they reduced the dealer fee to $75 because of my A-plan. They also didn't require a down-payment after all. That was dealing with Lithia Springs Ford on Thornton Road.
My Lariat FX4/4K is on order with minimal other options. (floor mats and full size spare).
Hopefully it gets built!

EDIT: I do have a dealer signed purchase agreement that has all the dealer installed items removed and has the A-plan pricing with no markups.

Last edited:

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Larson Ford in Brick/Lakewood, New Jersey has 2023 Mavericks at MSRP and they did not ask for a deposit on Saturday. Salesman is Robert Barranger is good at keeping in touch and no pressure to add extra packages. Saturday I ordered a base hybrid XL with no options. His phone is 732-363-8100 ext 514 and email is [email protected].

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine asked for a deposit but no dealer fees. Just tax and title. I even got a rebate for something or other.

I will say, I think Ford will keep track at the percentage of customer cancelled orders per dealer in order to identify those gaming the system. Those with a higher number will be slapped on the wrist.

Sponsored

MyMav1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Lux EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With MY23 ordering beginning in less than a month, I think it's time to start compiling a running list of dealers that will place orders for customers with no deposit and/or below MSRP pricing.

Currently, I am only aware of one that has stated the intention to do both: Chapman Ford of Horsham, Pa.

I am sure there are a number of others that will not require deposits, but as of now even Long McArthur isn't sure whether they will require a deposit, and I do not believe they are offering any discount below MSRP.

Let's share so everyone know their options.
I re-ORDERED my maverick 2022 to 2023 Maverick from Bergey FORD Springhouse PA with no deposit or up-charge ..same as original order..

Pizza Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gillboy ford, in Whitehall Pa. also did not ask for a deposit. One dealer in Allentown, Pa wanted 500 non refundable. They stated that they only wanted serious buyers!, Noooo, they wanted my money!, ordered my XLT from Gillboy.

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL did not ask for a deposit. My second Hybrid Maverick was ordered from there (this one for my daughter). I would have ordered from the same dealer as my first, but they were requiring a $1k refundable deposit, I did not understand why. I told them I did not want to tie up $1k for another year (as I am still awaiting delivery of a 10/5 order), I even asked if I could put down less (like $500), but they stuck to their $1k requirement. I could pay the $1k - but why? So I took the second order to Sawgrass Ford. I told Sawgrass Ford about my first purchase experience and they told me, via text from the sales manager: no deposit, MSRP, no dealer fees, plus tax & tag. I got my confirming email within 15 minutes of placing the order on the last day of open ordering. VERY happy!!
Sponsored