First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 f250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I’ll get my 2021 order by then,,,, not holding my breath though!!!!!
Right! Ordered mine 9.2021 even had several build dates, then they finally canceled my 2022 order, I have now been issued a 2023 model now and i am no where in sight to have the order built. No new vin. Number... no scheduled build dates. I have a feeling they don't want me to have it since the now msrp is 34k. Very sad.... love ford... all I have ever owned... I think if you were already in line.... I shouldn't have to go to the end of the line... any suggestions? I have called ford several time... emailed my local dealer and even called several time. Thanks.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I seriously doubt that anyone at FMC ever said "Let's focus on D&I to the exclusion of all other corporate goals - quality be damned..."

Radical thought: What if Ford elected to pursue diversity and inclusion, while also improving quality? That seems to be more in line with Ford's position.

Are they succeeding on all fronts? Heck, no! Quality isn't perfect, by any objective measurement... And I seriously doubt that their D&I efforts have yielded perfect results, either. But like the rest of us, if they don't try, they won't move the needle at all...

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Treat people like human beings. That's the summary of all of the D&I policies in the world.

Let's get back to trucks.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many in this thread are afraid they wont get there mav order. ONLY if your a hybrid order I would think you have anything to worry about. From the numbers posted hear assuming those numbers are correct they are building more than enough to fulfill ALL Ecoboost orders. I understand allocations but is ford really going to not sell to a guy./gal because the dealer used up all their allocations for the year. So instead ship extra ecoboost mavs to dealer lots that hadn't used up all there allocations?

Its us Hybrid orders that won't get built. UNLESS they have upped hybrid production by a LARGE amount or half won't get there order. All I know is when the order banks open up for the 2024 model I will be placing another hybrid order unless another hybrid vehicle comes to my attention like a toyota. (doubtful) . Or the price just goes up to high to justify it anymore.
Yeah. What sucks is I'm the first hybrid order at my dealer and still, nothing.

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right! Ordered mine 9.2021 even had several build dates, then they finally canceled my 2022 order, I have now been issued a 2023 model now and i am no where in sight to have the order built. No new vin. Number... no scheduled build dates. I have a feeling they don't want me to have it since the now msrp is 34k. Very sad.... love ford... all I have ever owned... I think if you were already in line.... I shouldn't have to go to the end of the line... any suggestions? I have called ford several time... emailed my local dealer and even called several time. Thanks.
Who cancelled and why? Should have been a roll over

Sponsored

sps21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 f250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who cancelled and why? Should have been a roll over
Ford sent me a canceled 2022 order since it was now late December. In the letter or email mentioned if i wanted to place an order for theb2023 then contact the dealer. The dealer then called me right after.... but haven't had any luck since Dec.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everyone buys one for different reasons, but towing 2k max on a pickup is kinda worthless. Only way I would have considered it is if the hybrid was AWD. At that point the fuel savings would pay to have a secondary rig for all towing and a run around rig for just hauling stuff or trapping season. I'm not gonna take the mpg hit of an Ecoboost without being able to tow a real trailer.
Towing 2k max is kind of worthless for you.

For those of us who literally need a truck for the bed but never need to tow, the hybrid is an amazing deal. But that's the great thing about the Maverick -- it doesn't force you to buy more truck than you need.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Towing 2k max is kind of worthless for you.

For those of us who literally need a truck for the bed but never need to tow, the hybrid is an amazing deal. But that's the great thing about the Maverick -- it doesn't force you to buy more truck than you need.

Hence the reason for the first sentence in my post. Everyone buys one for different reasons.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuel savings over 100,000 miles will be less than $4,000.
I should have worded my post better. Having an AWD option on the hybrid opens up using the Maverick in the winter for what I do. It being just fwd it would be parked from November till April while I'd have to use my full size at 8-11 mpg. If the hybrid was AWD I could use it year round and the fuel savings would be worth having a second rig for all towing. Roughly 12,000 miles over a 6 month period at hybrid mileage vs. 10 mpg adds up in a hurry.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So after talking with my new order sales manager, because I am on this site and do my research, he claims that I know just as much as they do about this whole process, yet I dont work for Ford..haha.

Pretty much what I got out of it was the fact they have no idea how Ford allocations/scheduling works and to just keep waiting. I informed him that I have no issues waiting, I was well aware it would be the better part of a year to get it. But now knowing about the October deadline, what happens if I dont get an email prior to October. He just kind brushed it off and said that its a while in the future yet and to not worry about it. I informed him I dont want to be screwed over and miss the order banks opening back up if they wont rollover etc, and just like to keep on top of things.

More small talking / kind of gray area answering my questions... I got a couple things I got out of it...

First off is that although I am low "in line" at my dealership, he mentioned that a bunch before me are hybrids and out of the rough 5allocations a month 1-2 are hybrids and the rest are ecoboosts. But this past month they only got 3 allocations, 1 was hybrid. So my wait should be shorter now knowing a bunch are hybrids and I am one of a handful ecoboosts at my dealership (he just didnt tell me the exact numbers).

The other thing I dont happen to see on MTC yet and could use more people to confirm this... and I didnt do a super detailed search on MTC...my new order sales manager informed me that the 24MY order banks are going to open (grain of salt inserted here) on July 17th.

Meaning if that is true and I dont get an email by July 16th, I will be going to my dealership on the 17th to place a 24MY order. Can anyone confirm if they have heard this too, or something to look into?

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The other thing I dont happen to see on MTC yet and could use more people to confirm this... and I didnt do a super detailed search on MTC...my new order sales manager informed me that the 24MY order banks are going to open (grain of salt inserted here) on July 17th.

Meaning if that is true and I dont get an email by July 16th, I will be going to my dealership on the 17th to place a 24MY order. Can anyone confirm if they have heard this too, or something to look into?
@fordvideoguy an "Is It True" for tonight...

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford sent me a canceled 2022 order since it was now late December. In the letter or email mentioned if i wanted to place an order for theb2023 then contact the dealer. The dealer then called me right after.... but haven't had any luck since Dec.
I’m not sure what to say, but others here can help you more. My guess is that your dealer has cancelled your original order to place a rollover for you. I think they were told to leave original order open and not to cancel. Now it sounds like you just placed an order in Dec 2022

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Radical thought: What if Ford elected to pursue diversity and inclusion, while also improving quality? That seems to be more in line with Ford's position.
There is quite a bit of evidence that Ford is pursuing D&I.

What evidence is there that Ford is improving quality? The fact that they *say* they are?

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
July order banks? Then we can wait until November for Ford to update build & price so we can actually see what we ordered, just like last year.

Newtruck West Coast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My original Hybrid order was September 10, 2021 - which will be 577 days IF FoMoCo holds to their latest production date. I had a 2022 VIN and also have a 2023 VIN. I've not talked to my dealer contact directly and prefer to have EVERTYING in writing, just to be sure of clarity. I'm in the same situation as others I've seen on the site in that I had to find out about cancellations, delays and updates directly from the manufacturer since my dealer seems to have no real customer service skills whatsoever. I come from a 45+ years experience in customer service in a manufacturing environment and had to go through the COVID constraint on supplies and raw materials. HOWEVER, one needs to let THE CUSTOMER KNOW WTF IS GOING ON. Dealers who know less than their customers is unacceptable and unprofessional. I HAVE FIRED PEOPLE FOR LESS. My industry has been very keen about keeping FIFO due to any and all delays, so I really lose my shit when I see 2023 models on the street and I don't have mine. I'm also one who has lost THOUSANDS in value on selling an extra car because of dealer and FoMoCo ineptness to help pay for my new truck. The manufacturer really needs to do FIFO just to show good faith to the thousands who have waited. I also believe, like others on this site, that ALL DEALERS want the special order customers to go away so they can reap $5-10,000 more in profit.
Sponsored