Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doesn't matter. I ordered an EcoBoost as soon as the order banks opened. Sat right in front of my rep as he entered my order into the computer. Can't get any earlier than that. I'm still not scheduled for that truck. Silly me thinking that I would get scheduled fairly early. NOBODY knows how the scheduling gets done and I think it's an exercise in futility to try to figure it out. If you get scheduled, consider yourself lucky. If you don't, rest easy knowing you're not alone.
yeah, I sense I'm being a bit nieve about that. i was pretty sure MY2023 order banks would open to sell more of the excess EB capacity since so much of it has not been taken up with buyers prefering the hybrid. i definitely guessed that wrong.

i'm actively looking, weekly in fact, at inventory across the US to find a maverick. I've got good queries saved, so it's just a matter of refreshing 18 tabs and seeing what cars pop up that I haven't looked at yet. trying to remain optimisitic that this will yield at a minimum the ecoboost awd 4k rear slider cactus XLT that I'd settle for.
Sponsored

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm actively looking, weekly in fact, at inventory across the US to find a maverick. I've got good queries saved, so it's just a matter of refreshing 18 tabs and seeing what cars pop up that I haven't looked at yet. trying to remain optimisitic that this will yield at a minimum the ecoboost awd 4k rear slider cactus XLT that I'd settle for.
Am seeing a lot more Mavs in the wild. 6 months ago, one a week was typical. Now, I see 3-4 every day. Keep it up, you will find something, and prices are bound to soften as well.

FattyMasterJ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Blue XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah, I sense I'm being a bit nieve about that. i was pretty sure MY2023 order banks would open to sell more of the excess EB capacity since so much of it has not been taken up with buyers prefering the hybrid. i definitely guessed that wrong.

www.northtownford.com - They have 5 AWD ecoboost all under $32K.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think we're all in agreement that all Hybrid retail orders will not be fulfilled. The real question is by how much.
I was told by a Ford Rep that Hybrid production will be increasing, and that is why they are adding the third shift.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, once you click on the details, you see the $6k market adjustment... so $38k for them.
Saw a nice used eb lariat for 49k! When I was getting some parts at the dealership. People will not forget being taken advantage of...

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
Saw a nice used eb lariat for 49k! When I was getting some parts at the dealership. People will not forget being taken advantage of...
I wouldn't be so sure, people have very short memories, and the current pricing is the nature of a free market economy.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I wonder is if Ford will finally figure out the stuck 2021 orders before MY23 ends or will they end up rolling them over a 2nd time.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really? Do you have proof Ford is balancing "DEI training" over practicing growing skills in how to produce vehicles? Or are you just injecting paranoid political rhetoric into the discussion because it makes you feel good?
Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric. However, Ford like most global corporations today have a need to push this ideology, so they can feel good about themselves.

Ford's Racial and Social Justice
Ford's DIE Policies
Ford's Supplier Diversity Program
Ford's Annual DIE Report

IMO it is not paranoid to observe this focus and wonder if this really adds value.

Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd bet the take rate on Tremor's would be higher if they offered the 4K towing package on it.

HRG
I would have gone tremor in a heartbeat if it could tow 4k.

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I gave up on FORD actually I am FED up with FORD and went and looked, drove and researched a Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL surprisingly it a great vehicle. But that is for you to decide I'm only suggesting to take a look what can it hurt as you may be waiting till 2024 now based on the latest news!

IMG_2471.JPG
I'm tired of Ford being FUBAR. This would be my First Ford Purchase ever (I'm 55) but they are doing everything in their power to convince me to buy some other brand. If Hyundai or Honda had a Hybrid option, it would be a no-brainer done deal for me.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was told by a Ford Rep that Hybrid production will be increasing, and that is why they are adding the third shift.
Unless they actually revise their 35% Hybrid constraint percentage officially, I'm just going to take this as hot air from whatever Ford rep you spoke to.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About a year ago I almost gave up and started looking at the Santa Cruz as well as trying to find EcoBoost on Lots. But fortunately for me I guess this was the peak of the shortage and everything around here was 6,000 or more ADM. I said no way and kept waiting and I'm glad I did because while Santa Cruz's are nice and the Mavericks are nice in general, by far the thing I like most about my truck is the mileage. And I don't care what you do with an Ecoboost or a Santa Cruz you're not getting 42+ mpg that I get with my hybrid. I guess EcoBoost makes sense if you add awd and tow package, but how much are you saving vs a ranger or similar small truck at that point? Just cheched... <3k difference... for 3500lbs more towing 4x4 ranger vs awd mav... 100% I'd get the ranger. Mav hybrid is the way to go in my book... after price hikes eb just doesn't make sense vs ranger.

Last edited:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
. I guess EcoBoost makes sense if you add awd and tow package, but how much are you saving vs a ranger or similar small truck at that point? Just cheched... <3k difference... for 3500lbs more towing 4x4 ranger vs awd mav... 100% I'd get the ranger. Mav hybrid is the way to go in my book... after price hikes eb just doesn't make sense vs ranger.
If you don't mind, please post your screenshots of comparable Maverick vs Ranger builds. I'm seeing closer to $7K difference for CrewCab 4x4 w/tow package XLT trim.

HRG
Sponsored