MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone if you can add towing package with this package? I dont really tow a lot now but i could be towing a golf cart or riding lawn mower. Want planning on adding 4k package but i dont think i can pass up this tremor package.
You can’t have Tremor and 4K. A Tremor tows 2k max.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone if you can add towing package with this package? I dont really tow a lot now but i could be towing a golf cart or riding lawn mower. Want planning on adding 4k package but i dont think i can pass up this tremor package.
Not compatible with 4K Tow package. This has been covered extensively.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically you could buy an XLT with 4k tow and FX4 add a 1 inch lift kit, add a bronco sport or wait until the tremor package comes out and add the locking differential rear axle assembly, bronco sport or 2023 tremor instrument cluster, center console button along with wiring for the extra 3k it will cost you to buy the tremor package if you install it yourself . The only thing you loose is the approach angles you get with the Tremor front bumper fascia.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically you could buy an XLT with 4k tow and FX4 add a 1 inch lift kit, add a bronco sport or wait until the tremor package comes out and add the locking differential rear axle assembly, bronco sport or 2023 tremor instrument cluster, center console button along with wiring for the extra 3k it will cost you to buy the tremor package if you install it yourself . The only thing you loose is the approach angles you get with the Tremor front bumper fascia.
Don't forget the tire upgrade, which is part of the kit.

You are making a lot of assumptions here. First, that all this would fit and work. Second how do you know the parts alone would be less than the $2,100? That is a lot of parts to buy. Third, you'd have to be capable and have the tools/facilities to do the work (not common to most people). Then you'd have a lot of stuff not under warranty.

Just choose one or the other until they merge is the way I see it... I'm starting to consider FX4, 4k, the upgraded tires, then a 1" lift and letting the approach angles and dual clutch go.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget the tire upgrade, which is part of the kit.

You are making a lot of assumptions here. First, that all this would fit and work. Second how do you know the parts alone would be less than the $2,100? That is a lot of parts to buy. Third, you'd have to be capable and have the tools/facilities to do the work (not common to most people). Then you'd have a lot of stuff not under warranty.

Just choose one or the other until they merge is the way I see it... I'm starting to consider FX4, 4k, the upgraded tires, then a 1" lift and letting the approach angles and dual clutch go.
Both the FX4 and Tremor come with 235/65/R17 A/T tires. The suspension on the FX4 can be left stock in this case.

The Bronco Sport rear with the locking differential absolutely will fit and I will go out on a limb and say when they finally release the 2023 Tremor package it will be the same locking diff. rear just like the standard rear is used on both the Maverick and Bronco Sports as is. The rear assembly for starters you can get for around $2100 for the Bronco Sport, the cluster which you will need for the all terrain mode will run around $600, lift kit say $250ish, center console button, wires and pigtails figure somewhere between $100 - $150.

As an aside I was looking at the drive train on the Mavericks in detail the other day and unless there is any part differences between the hybrid and ecoboost and AWD upgrade for hybrids should be as simple as adding in the AWD module and wiring and some forscan programming to make it work.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at the Ford site one thing I seriously doubt is going to make it into the final Tremor package is the G.O.A.T. system because of the rock crawl modes. It will definitely get off road drive modes and such but I doubt a unibody truck will hold up to rock crawling without easily distorting the frame somehow.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As another aside for those who want 4k towing with the Tremor package. That may also be possible. Most of the parts will have to come from the aftermarket but if you can get this with a trailer brake control module it will make things much easier. This also assumes the Tremor will come with a hitch and the 4pin connector installed at a minimum. The aftermarket parts needed will be a class III hitch which Curt I believe already has out there now for Mavericks, Transmission cooler including lines and fans, auto thermostat for the fans if not already there to kick them on at around 180F and air bag suspension kit to stiffen up the travel on the rear. You shouldn't need to do any forscan programming unless there is anything specific to the tow capacity in the settings assuming you already had a factory hitch and wiring for the trailer lights. Unless the 3.63 final drive ratio can't handle the extra towing weight the truck should be able to handle 4k in tow weight.

If 3.63 final gear ratio can't for some reason you can change that also. That is the major labor part of the process since it is actually determined by the transmission not the rear. To get to a 3.81 final drive ratio like the 4k package you need to change the drive and driven sprockets on the 8F35 transmission. It is a lot of labor and time to drop the tranny but if you do, to get to them is easy enough afterwards. Once you take the torque convertor off, the housing it is sitting in can be removed and you have access to the drive and driven sprockets and chain just a matter of switching those gears out with the ones needed for the a 3.81 drive ratio. It is well documented in the shop manuals how to replace all this and the specific gears needed.

Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! gears

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both the FX4 and Tremor come with 235/65/R17 A/T tires. The suspension on the FX4 can be left stock in this case.
FX4 is only 225/65R17, charitably all-terrain tires unless you spend the extra $800 for the Falkens on the same style wheels as the Tremor. The instrument cluster has nothing to do with the drive modes. So you're at $2340 (at current pricing) and need to buy a differential, steel skid plates, liquid cooled PTU, and upgraded CV shafts to match the Tremor.

Looking at the Ford site one thing I seriously doubt is going to make it into the final Tremor package is the G.O.A.T. system because of the rock crawl modes. It will definitely get off road drive modes and such but I doubt a unibody truck will hold up to rock crawling without easily distorting the frame somehow.
The Bronco Sport has GOAT modes. It's just a fancy term for offroad drive modes like the FX4 already has.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4 is only 225/65R17, charitably all-terrain tires unless you spend the extra $800 for the Falkens on the same style wheels as the Tremor. The instrument cluster has nothing to do with the drive modes. So you're at $2340 (at current pricing) and need to buy a differential, steel skid plates, liquid cooled PTU, and upgraded CV shafts to match the Tremor.

The Bronco Sport has GOAT modes. It's just a fancy term for offroad drive modes like the FX4 already has.
If the power transfer unit is different I didn't know. The differential is already mentioned the assembly is around $2100 for everything. You don't need to upgrade the CV shafts if you stick to the FX4 suspension. You already have skid plates so that is splitting hairs. The Goat mode is not the same as the FX4 modes since it has rock crawl which at least in the 4 inch clusters is not programmed into them. The current 6 inch cluster on Mavericks may have it in them as a selectable drive mode but I have no way of testing that unless I get a 6 inch cluster for my truck.

My bad on the tires you are correct the FX4 comes with 225/65/R17 tires so add about $800 for 235/65/R17 A/T tires.

Whether anyone wants go through all this to upgrade an FX4 package just so they can also have 4k tow I don't know but when there is a will there is a way if they have the funds to make it happen.

Last edited:

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand this. "Rock Crawl" mode on the Bronco Sport is as follows:

For off-road driving. For optimum rock-climbing ability. Rock crawl mode engages the four-wheel drive lock. Rock crawl mode optimizes the vehicle systems to provide maximum traction and slow speed performance. Lower gears hold longer in rock crawl mode to minimize shifting when traversing rocks and obstacles. The accelerator pedal dampens to improve throttle control and minimize speed change over rough terrain. The steering optimizes for less effort with reduced kick-back. Rock crawl mode optimizes braking for off-road conditions, allowing quick path corrections and minimized stopping distance when on deformable surfaces. The engine sound enhances when in rock crawl mode.
All of those changes can benefit lots of types of off road driving short of Moab style rock crawling. Plus, the mode/parts are literally coming from a unibody vehicle (the Bronco Sport), so why would you assume that it will be omitted due to stress on the unibody.

Now, I'm not at all saying that the Maverick Tremor will be much of a crawler, but I suspect that it will have the mode if the Bronco Sport. And plenty of unibody vehicles are perfectly capable off roaders. The original XJ Cherokee, current Land Rovers, the trailhawk versions of the current Cherokee/Grand Cherokee. Lifting the vehicle is often trickier with unibody, but if the car is designed for it, there isn't a huge worry about frame bending on much the angles of a Maverick would allow.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't understand this. "Rock Crawl" mode on the Bronco Sport is as follows:

All of those changes can benefit lots of types of off road driving short of Moab style rock crawling. Plus, the mode/parts are literally coming from a unibody vehicle (the Bronco Sport), so why would you assume that it will be omitted due to stress on the unibody.

Now, I'm not at all saying that the Maverick Tremor will be much of a crawler, but I suspect that it will have the mode if the Bronco Sport. And plenty of unibody vehicles are perfectly capable off roaders. The original XJ Cherokee, current Land Rovers, the trailhawk versions of the current Cherokee/Grand Cherokee. Lifting the vehicle is often trickier with unibody, but if the car is designed for it, there isn't a huge worry about frame bending on much the angles of a Maverick would allow.
My guess is it will have the ability to activate it afterwards using forscan if they don't offer it as a feature. That assumes the cluster on the Tremor package is similar enough if not the same as what is already in a Bronco Sport.

I agree a unibody is fine for off roading that isn't overly strenuous on the vehicle. Crawling over big ass rocks is not that. The rock crawling I see this being used for is for like old roads that have over time filled in with big rocks on the surface and it throws you around in the cab as you traverse them. With that said you may be right and the suspension on this package may well be tuned good enough to deal with it.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Goat mode is not the same as the FX4 modes since it has rock crawl which at least in the 4 inch clusters is not programmed into them.
Presumably a '23 FX4 cluster might have it accessible as well. Otherwise you'd likely be SOL because the instrument cluster is just displaying the mode; the real meat of the programming would be in other modules like the ABS.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its the twin clutch rear end out of the BS badlands. they will never give this thing true 4x4.
What's the gear ratio? I wonder if I could swap this diff into my 4k XLT ? Just wait for one to get totalled
Sponsored