First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has been confirmed for Tremor or basing it off of the Ranger?
Well ford has it labeled as a package that is 100% certain. I'll admit I thought it said it would be available on xlt or lariat but I maybe misread. I know FX4 is available on xlt and larait.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well ford has it labeled as a package that is 100% certain. I'll admit I thought it said it would be available on xlt or lariat but I maybe misread. I know FX4 is available on xlt and larait.
Fords label also said to order in August and was subsequently taken down. So while you are correct, and likely that won't change, take it with a grain of salt.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fords label also said to order in August and was subsequently taken down. So while you are correct, and likely that won't change, take it with a grain of salt.
Oh absolutely will! Lol i have my maverick and won't look at a upgrade until a major model refresh comes along.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I may order a Tremor and sell my Lariat. The Orange grill actually doesn't look bad in the video.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

the KL is great for off-roading ,does things lot people are surprise at its just lot of them are junk and have PTU ,tranny and other problems and jeeps dealerships suck to deal with.
My wife and I both had one, almost identical to boot. They handle extremely well, were great in almost every condition, and I averaged better than rated mileage on the highway, even after I installed larger all terrain tires. I topped out at 32 mpg in the hilly south west corner of the state, and I didn't baby it one bit on the trip. Not to mention, I had the cold weather package which was a bargain, and I loved that it was available on a base trim level vehicle.

Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dunno but the raptor generally is themed around high speed Baja style off roading. BOF design I imaging handles that sort of stress much better and safer than a unibody. Pretty much if you feel like the current offroad trims on the maverick are wanna bes, the raptor would be the worst violator of that idea.
There are some very capable unibody off-road vehicles, but that also have roofs over the full passenger and cargo area which I imagine gives them much more structural integrity. We didn't have three options of small unibody pickups until recently, and it's probably because of the challenges of making a structure strong enough for the things consumers are more than likely to throw at them. That said, real rock climbing and extreme body flexing terrain isn't something I'd ever feel comfortable doing in a unibody pickup. Besides, those condition demand better driveline articulation, and body on frame construction is still pretty much the only option today.

**None of this is to forget that Jeep had the Comanche unibody pickup back in the 80's which also had live axles front and rear.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received confirmation that bs badlands comes with front camera . So it seems very high the maverick tremor would which makes a lot sense

Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! D2C63423-9A3C-4AF2-A255-CCBBBEF4BFB1

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't hold your breath, that brace is on my maverick and I can't really tell if that's the camera. On the BS it's the middle of the grill so this looks low. As it stands I'm not confident it's going to have one.
99.9% will based of bs badlands owner response

Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! 3560B828-EE11-476D-88A8-E02DC740B054

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
99.9% will based of bs badlands owner response

3560B828-EE11-476D-88A8-E02DC740B054.jpeg
Lol I have a badlands i known it has a camera. What I'm saying is the Tremor spy leaks and the rendition don't show the camera. On the badlands it's clearly visible right in the middle of the grill.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol I have a badlands i known it has a camera. What I'm saying is the Tremor spy leaks and the rendition don't show the camera. On the badlands it's clearly visible right in the middle of the grill.
seems odd they wouldn’t put camera if it’s taking everything else from a badlands.
Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! 1659318359635

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are some very capable unibody off-road vehicles, but that also have roofs over the full passenger and cargo area which I imagine gives them much more structural integrity. We didn't have three options of small unibody pickups until recently, and it's probably because of the challenges of making a structure strong enough for the things consumers are more than likely to throw at them. That said, real rock climbing and extreme body flexing terrain isn't something I'd ever feel comfortable doing in a unibody pickup. Besides, those condition demand better driveline articulation, and body on frame construction is still pretty much the only option today.

**None of this is to forget that Jeep had the Comanche unibody pickup back in the 80's which also had live axles front and rear.
Yea crawling is one thing, but high speed pre running is what the raptor platform is based off of. It's not a rock crawler spec, he'll even the bronco raptor is advertised more for speed but in the end still a great crawler. How a unibody handles blasting through whoops or high speed turns I just don't know compared to a BOF.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes sense. This is probably about as much capability as you can give a unibody I guess.
The Silverado EV has a bed that’s attached to a cab like a unibody. I don’t think a unibody is a limiting factor. Negatives of a unibody are repair, lack of bed replacement for repair, concerns of damage if bed is overloaded or overstressed. There are also many positives. I guess that’s just my opinion but I’m an engineer who’s worked in the industry.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have picture of it by chance? Just seems odd they wouldn’t put camera if it’s taking everything else from a badlands
Didn't feel like digging for a pic of ours but here's one that was at the off roadeo I went to this weekend.

Agreed and if it doesn't come with one that would be decent turn off for me.

Ford Maverick Maverick TREMOR Off-Road Package Details Revealed (Then Pulled)! Screenshot_20220731-204511_Photos

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't feel like digging for a pic of ours but here's one that was at the off roadeo I went to this weekend.

Agreed and if it doesn't come with one that would be decent turn off for me.

Screenshot_20220731-204511_Photos.jpg
Thank you ! Maybe they would put lower because of the difference from the grill?

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you ! Maybe they would put lower because of the difference from the grill?
Potentially but the angle on the sport is pretty damn good. If they put it too low it may not be as good but I guess we'll see.
Sponsored