First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Isn't the ranger also priced high to entice you of buying an f150 for a couple more grand? I know ford doesn't want to eat into its 'best selling truck title' ford the f150, but hopefully the maverick won't be close enough to create that kind of concern

I'm curious as to what drives up the cost of the bronco sport, with the Maverick being a bigger vehicle would the 2.0+AWD end up costing more than a bs badlands then? I don't want goat modes or cameras or special shocks, just the 2.0 with power to all 4 wheels and decent ground clearance
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Isn't the ranger also priced high to entice you of buying an f150 for a couple more grand? I know ford doesn't want to eat into its 'best selling truck title' ford the f150, but hopefully the maverick won't be close enough to create that kind of concern

I'm curious as to what drives up the cost of the bronco sport, with the Maverick being a bigger vehicle would the 2.0+AWD end up costing more than a bs badlands then? I don't want goat modes or cameras or special shocks, just the 2.0 with power to all 4 wheels and decent ground clearance
Not sure as Escape can meet and exceed Bronco Sport price. I’m willing to bet Ford figured that utilizing the Bronco name, that consumers would be willing to spend more and achieve the higher prices. Name recognition. Same with Jeep. They have subcompacts that grab $32K+ on the daily.

I’m curious how far down the trim line the 2.0L EB will be offered. Escape it is standard on top trim and optional on next trim down. Bronco Sport, it is currently only available on top trim. Bronco Sport is also only available in AWD with no FWD option.

Reactions: Doc

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im really really hoping they have the sense to do more Bronco-like optioning on the Maverick (and honestly I wish they did it across their entire lineup). Their level of optionability for the Bronco with the 2.7 V6, the manual, Sasquatch packages, and other factory goodies across basically all the body styles and trims is a great thing. I think you should be able to option whatever the hell you want on whatever trim you want. Even if they only allow some of the combos by special ordering from the factory thats exactly what I would do.

Base trim, 2.0 for sure, AWD and that's exactly how Id want it. Absolutely no extra gimmicks or techno stuff. If that could be had for under $25k Im sold instantly. Id load it up with all the extra goodies Id want myself like roof rack, rear seat delete, small lift, wheels and tires.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
The Ranger comes in at 35795 with the basic XL trim, crew cab, and 4x4, and off road package but no other options. The cheapest 4x4 crew cab is 32270. With the SuperCab, the lowest trim 4x4 is 29870. The absolute base spec is 26000. I would guess that the Maverick will come in at about 5k below those marks optimistically. Ford likes to speak of prices without the unavoidable destination charge, so I'll bet that the real base model will be around 21k and packages like this will be above that, maybe 5k less than similarly placed Rangers

The base Escape is at ~26k and goes to 37.5k (without adding little options). The Bronco Sport starts a bit higher, but has less of a range (partially because it's always AWD). I'd expect the Maverick to have a similar spread to the Escape, but we will see. IT might get more varied option packages.
So, on these numbers the Maverick will start at $20.000. I think fully loaded should be around $36,000 where the Ranger starts.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, on these numbers the Maverick will start at $20.000. I think fully loaded should be around $36,000 where the Ranger starts.
Just to make sure I didn't make things confusing: The Ranger starts at around 26k. The 36k version is the cheapest you can configure it with the crew cab, 4wd, and the FX4 (off road) package.

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean
Just to make sure I didn't make things confusing: The Ranger starts at around 26k. The 36k version is the cheapest you can configure it with the crew cab, 4wd, and the FX4 (off road) package.
You can get the far superior extended cab model with 4x4 and the FX4 package for even cheaper. Its $34k for that. Its a complete shame the FX4 package forces you to get the 101A package mandatorily. Id rather have the option to have the standard 100A package with it to avoid junk I dont want.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean

You can get the far superior extended cab model with 4x4 and the FX4 package for even cheaper. Its $34k for that. Its a complete shame the FX4 package forces you to get the 101A package mandatorily. Id rather have the option to have the standard 100A package with it to avoid junk I dont want.
Yeah I wish you could keep the standard 100A package with the offroad package. I don't care too much about creature comforts in my vehicles, but I'd like the rear locking differential and the underbody protection. With the Maverick I want the different terrain modes (approximating a locker when necessary) and again the underbody protection. I'm more willing to drive places a lot of folks think they need a jacked up truck to go in a much lower package, but I'd like a little protection for when I'm wrong. :)

As to the extended cab...I might agree once I don't have a car seat, but for now, that backseat needs to be sizeable and easy to access!

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
"Packages" is what drives me nuts. You want a simple upgrade of one thing and you must buy an overpriced package which includes all kinds of crap you don't want or need. Sure, I can understand compatibilities like engine/transmission combos but for other things you might be best to add your own aftermarket parts to a base model.
It’s how they keep quality up. You start having a million options rather than standard trim packages and it increases production costs and lowers quality. Remember in the 70’s and 80’s when option lists were a mile long and the quality was garbage?

They learned this from the Japanese. Just look at the options list on a Honda. Almost non-existent. It’s how Honda has kept quality high.
Sponsored