Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do 18” wheels get better gas mileage than 17” wheels?
can't give any definitive data on that, but I do know smaller tires cost less than larger tires when you need to replace them ;)
Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Love the Hybrid “independent twist beam” rear suspension 🤪
Made popular by those awesome Chevy Cavaliers 😉

Bruce49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The eCVT drives very similar to my Mach E GT, but of course without the power. It’s just smooth power… no shifting of gears. It is far superior the the CVT trans many are hating. My hybrid Lariat Lux drives and rides great and provides the utility that I need for projects at home… it is comfortable enough to take on a road trip and is very fuel efficient! When I want power and excitement behind the wheel, I take the MachE with 480hp…600 ft/lb of torque …AWD fun! But, for road trips the Maverick is great! I have better range than the electric car and don’t have to wait while it charges along the way. The MachE charges in my garage at night and has plenty of range for my daily travels. I LOVE both vehicles. The eCVT works VERY well.

Last edited:

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love the Hybrid “independent twist beam” rear suspension 🤪
Made popular by those awesome Chevy Cavaliers 😉
And the original VW Golf / Polo / Scirocco. (Some examples that didn't suck...)

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Poor excuse for a suspension setup.
It is what it is.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The eCVT drives very similar to my Mach E GT, but of course without the power. It’s just smooth power… no shifting of gears. It is far superior the the CVT trans many are hating. My hybrid Lariat Lux drives and rides great and provides the utility that I need for projects at home… it is comfortable enough to take on a road trip and is very fuel efficient! When I want power and excitement behind the wheel, I take the MachE with 480hp…600 ft/lb of torque …AWD fun! But, for road trips the Maverick is great! I have better range than the electric car and don’t have to wait while it charges along the way. The MachE charges in my garage at night and has plenty of range for my daily travels. I LOVE both vehicles. The eCVT works VERY well.
When I first considered the Maverick I heard it was an CVT and discounted it. Then, I read up on it and found it was a eCVT which is great. Then I ordered one and waited 16 months. The salesman had on idea what an eCVT is, I had to educate him.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sadly, this is likely the first of many "educational events" you will conduct with your salesperson...

Bruce49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1 - looking at the interior photos on the build and price site, only the lariat has push bottom start.

2 - every ford so far does have a button to disable start stop. (Ecosport, Escape, bronco sport) typically located near the traction control button.
There is a stop / start button on the console in my Lariat hybrid, so I can turn it on or off…it also has push button start rather than using a key.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a stop / start button on the console in my Lariat hybrid, so I can turn it on or off…it also has push button start rather than using a key.
The button you're probably thinking of on the hybrid is for automatic brake hold (also present on the EcoBoost) which is different than auto-start/stop.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The button you're probably thinking of on the hybrid is for automatic brake hold (also present on the EcoBoost) which is different than auto-start/stop.
Darnon is right - you cannot disable the automatic start/stop of the engine in the hybrid. Doing so would absolutely ruin the fuel mileage.

Sponsored

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us who live in pothole country (4 season area's in U.S. lower 48), we WANT the smaller wheels with the wider tire sidewall.
The standard tires give a more comfortable ride as well. Appearance wise with more sidewall the 17 inch tires IMO have the edge.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love the specs. And I think Hyundai is doing the …… oh shit. Right about now.
Ford did what it always does, dominate the truck market
I was going back and forth between the Maverick and the Santa Cruz. I have a Sonata now. I had an Elantra that save my life.
I went with the maverick mainly based on mpg. I do live the way the little truck drives.
Sponsored