Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I like the 4.5' bed. But what is the expected life span of the battery and what is the replacement cost?
It comes with a 100k mile warranty so Ford is pretty confident in them. One of my friends has a Fusion Hybrid with almost 250k trouble free miles on it
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I like the 4.5' bed. But what is the expected life span of the battery and what is the replacement cost?
Itā€™s only a 1.1kwh battery. Very small. Vs say the Mach E mustang at 75-100kwh
At a fire dealer it will cost likely $2000 to replace and last for well over 15 years and 200,000 miles

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
interesting. the console button pod has 5 buttons here, with a hint of Orange interior (seat) . Probably means it's an Lariat FX4, instead of XL I'm getting. Pretty sure Trail speed control won't be included on mine. Funny thing is, FX4 has all the extra off road goodies like skid plates, beefier rear suspension, etc. and it is also supposed to include couple extra drive modes- but looks like only the same 3 here

yeah that looks like the symbol in our F-150. Interesting, the console button pod has 5 buttons here, with a hint of Orange interior (seat) . Probably means it's an Lariat FX4, instead of XL I'm getting. Pretty sure Trail speed control won't be included on mine. Funny thing is, FX4 has all the extra off road goodies like skid plates, beefier rear suspension, etc. and it is also supposed to include couple extra drive modes- but looks like only the same 3 here?
Donā€™t forget, all the photos are pre-production so there are going to be changes to number of buttons based on equipment.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Battery costs are going down every couple of years. Of course the manufacturers arenā€™t afraid of some high profit items šŸ˜œ

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the ground clearance too - not TOO low at 8.3/8.6.

Also like that there is already a known larger tire size as well. I was also hoping for 15in wheels as mentioned above, I prefer the larger tire and better ride it offers along with the tons of AT tires setup for 15in.
Just make sure the 15ā€ clear the brake rotors!

Sponsored

zeaken

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster
I love pretty much all the specs about the maverick except 3 things

1. Why did they not offer awd in the hybrid? Judging by demand it will happen
2. Why is the tailgate only rated for 300lb? That is not rated for even two adult males, little less two chonky American males.
3. I am sad they don't offer climate on anything besides the lariat even though its on the pictures of the xl and xlt. Ford is playing a cruel joke on me.

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I love pretty much all the specs about the maverick except 3 things

1. Why did they not offer awd in the hybrid? Judging by demand it will happen
2. Why is the tailgate only rated for 300lb? That is not rated for even two adult males, little less two chonky American males.
3. I am sad they don't offer climate on anything besides the lariat even though its on the pictures of the xl and xlt. Ford is playing a cruel joke on me.
Some sources have stated 400lbs for tailgate capacity. I think there might be some confusion on that yet. Iā€™m more inclined to believe 400lbs.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is what the Forbe's article said -- which I assume it is right since Ford orchestrated all of the PR.

"The multi-position tailgate can hold 400 pounds in mid-position and 500 lbs when fully open."

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd like to know what the 2.0 will tow without the 4k tow pkge.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The product owner for the Ford Maverick just said in a video that the off road package raises clearance to 9"

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Is the 2.5 engine referred to as the "naturally aspirated" engine? Premium fuel burns slower than regular, is that correct? Thanks for your reply.
Yes. However, the valve timing mimics an Atkinson cycle, which has significantly higher efficiency but lower torque at lower rev ranges. That's what makes it an ideal match up for a hybrid system. The electric traction motors have extremely high torque starting from zero RPMs which covers the lower torque deficit.

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Actually that Subaru trans isnā€™t slipping itā€™s just the trans being itā€™s most efficient. Subaru listened to complaints, our 2017 Impreza has computer programmed ā€œshift points ā€œ that you canā€™t tell from a regular automatic. The eCVT on the Maverick has no slipping, there are videos that show how they work.
Please provide links or titles of the videos!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
demonstrator guy in video mentioned chain final drive?
Sponsored