2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was scheduled week of 3-7 and then a week later they switched it to 3-13 and the tracker says I was indeed built yesterday- 3-13. Now don't start on vehicles built on a Monday...
Sponsored

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am hoping the ratio of Mav to BS gets reversed. 12k BS to 8k Mav goes to 12k Mav and 8k BS.

Sales and order actualities say this needs to go forth. It would be a mistake to keep pumping out the BS, with dealer inventories growing daily. Granger has 31 BS sitting on their lot. 0 Mav.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford will schedule the packages first which is why they end up with limited numbers of hitches for standalone.
Lots of trucks with standalone hitches have been scheduled (and made) before packages.

Sponsored

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I was originally scheduled for the week of 3/27 but been pushed back till 4/17 Eco Boost

My EB(XLT,Lux,360) was originally schedule for the week of 3/27 then as I checked the tracker it changed to 3/28, then 3/31, then about two weeks ago to Thursday 3/30. I just checked and it is the same.

Those are all in the same week so I don't know why the day was changing.

As I recall the factory will be shut the next week and my truck does not have a spray in bedliner which I think required a couple of extra days in the body shop and they may not have wanted that delay in getting the factor cleared out before they shut it for the week.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My EB(XLT,Lux,360) was originally schedule for the week of 3/27 then as I checked the tracker it changed to 3/28, then 3/31, then about two weeks ago to Thursday 3/30. I just checked and it is the same.

Those are all in the same week so I don't know why the day was changing.

As I recall the factory will be shut the next week and my truck does not have a spray in bedliner which I think required a couple of extra days in the body shop and they may not have wanted that delay in getting the factor cleared out before they shut it for the week.
It always starts with the monday, and then moves to a specific schedule day that week as you get closer

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am hoping the ratio of Mav to BS gets reversed. 12k BS to 8k Mav goes to 12k Mav and 8k BS.

Sales and order actualities say this needs to go forth. It would be a mistake to keep pumping out the BS, with dealer inventories growing daily. Granger has 31 BS sitting on their lot. 0 Mav.
An analysis of the last 12 months 'sales' data shows the average monthly BS build is going down and the Maverick going up.

Sponsored

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now I am stuck and wondering if any of the experienced MTC persons can help. I just was recently at my dealership for service and was told I was 37th of 42 new 2023 Maverick orders. And something along the lines of them knowing how many allocations they were getting right at the start of order banks being open and I should have an allocation. Sales rep was mentioning that they have been previously getting around 5 allocations a month on average, so my 37th would be like 7-8 months wait.

I just sent my dealership an email (and they are not great with communicating) asking how many hybrids are actually before me. If Ford still is aiming for the 65% EB 35% hybrid, would Ford skip over those dealership allocations for hybrids to keep building ecoboosts and thus mine could be built faster? Like how they do if yours had the mudguards or hard trifold, (constraint issue) and it was showing as a constraint in the Ford system they would hold yours and build the next in line?

I keep seeing and hearing about how by spring/summer all ecoboost retail should be built due to lower numbers. But if my dealership has a bunch before me, does Ford just start building fleet and dealer stock until my allocation comes up 7-8months down the road? Or would the retail orders not affect allocations in this case and they would build all the retail ecoboost and ship them to the customers?

Its just hard for me to believe that in a few months they could have built all the customer ordered ecoboosts, before then swapping everything to fleet/dealer/stock. Yet it is possible that we would still have to wait for our number to be called, months after they could have already had the custom order fulfilled?

Can anyone who knows a little better about how the ordering/fulfilling/allocations thing works out, help me out? Im sure there might be others on MTC with similar questions. Can Ford just bypass the allocation system in a case like this, where they could literally have all ecoboost mavericks delivered to customers before the year is done?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I am stuck and wondering if any of the experienced MTC persons can help. I just was recently at my dealership for service and was told I was 37th of 42 new 2023 Maverick orders. And something along the lines of them knowing how many allocations they were getting right at the start of order banks being open and I should have an allocation. Sales rep was mentioning that they have been previously getting around 5 allocations a month on average, so my 37th would be like 7-8 months wait.

I just sent my dealership an email (and they are not great with communicating) asking how many hybrids are actually before me. If Ford still is aiming for the 65% EB 35% hybrid, would Ford skip over those dealership allocations for hybrids to keep building ecoboosts and thus mine could be built faster? Like how they do if yours had the mudguards or hard trifold, (constraint issue) and it was showing as a constraint in the Ford system they would hold yours and build the next in line?

I keep seeing and hearing about how by spring/summer all ecoboost retail should be built due to lower numbers. But if my dealership has a bunch before me, does Ford just start building fleet and dealer stock until my allocation comes up 7-8months down the road? Or would the retail orders not affect allocations in this case and they would build all the retail ecoboost and ship them to the customers?

Its just hard for me to believe that in a few months they could have built all the customer ordered ecoboosts, before then swapping everything to fleet/dealer/stock. Yet it is possible that we would still have to wait for our number to be called, months after they could have already had the custom order fulfilled?

Can anyone who knows a little better about how the ordering/fulfilling/allocations thing works out, help me out? Im sure there might be others on MTC with similar questions. Can Ford just bypass the allocation system in a case like this, where they could literally have all ecoboost mavericks delivered to customers before the year is done?
Oversimplified version
Think of the allocations like the NFL draft. The number of allocations a dealer has for that month equals the number of rounds they can participate in. But the order of each round is completely random and some dealers will participate in more rounds than other dealers.

When it is your dealership's turn, Ford will take the first (priority or time) order that they can build and then move on to the next dealership. If your dealer has no retail order Ford can build, Ford skips them or grabs a stock order. So even if the 37th truck in line, if the 36 before you can't be built but you can, you will be selected.

As for the predictions, Ford said 65% capacity was EB and they have scheduled ~41,000 Maverick so far according to @Automate's VIN tracker. 65% of 41,000 is 26,650. There were only 27,230 EB orders to start with so leaving Ford with only 580 EBs left to go. However, our numbers show Ford actually has ~8,600 EBs left to go, indicating they are not building EB retail orders at the ratio they said they would, even taking international orders in account. Thus, any spring prediction was rendered moot by Ford not actually scheduling EBs like they said they would.

Last edited:

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dumb Question. But here Goes. What is the Base Mav Fleet vehicle . I mean what it got. Is it Just a Plane Jane stripped truck??

Starlord214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe @Automate and several other's that were schedule through the week of April 17th got pushed back to the week of April 24th. If that's still the case I guess it might chance your numbers slightly? Who knows they schedule 10K fleet and 2K retail, lol.
i was schedule fist on April 11 then pushed to the 17th and now the 22nd. So i hope no more push backs
Sponsored