Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priuses and Corolla Hybrids will always be more reliable but they are 3-5k more expensive and only get 9mpg more than the Maverick. Corollas and Priuses also have low front ends and scrape on driveways even when you pull into them slowly. They also have a lower and less comfortable seating position.
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I commute with an electric car, and use the hybrid Maverick for truck things.
This is me, and both vehicles are just about perfect for their intended purpose!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
We had a 2012 Prius and traded it on a 2014 C-Max. Yes we gave up some fuel milage but there is no comparison between the two as far as driving and comfort are concerned. The Ford is much quieter and faster than the Toyota, merging on the highway is no problem with the C-Max. Also, the transition between engine and motor in the C-Max is almost undetectable, not so in our 12 Prius.
We have 86,000 on it and it runs like the day we bought it. It has a very similar hybrid drive to the Maverick, the same as the Fusions had.

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robdaman.com
Vehicle(s)
Mav
If you're keeping the Taco there's no need for a Maverick.

Go Prius if the deal is decent and you'll resale it for the same if you change your mind or want to buy the Mavi

Can't lose this year for sure.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get the Prius. I have 2. One has 187000 miles. They ride well and are very reliable. If I didnā€™t have 2, I wouldnā€™t be buying a Maverick.

Sponsored

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Power, refinementā€¦looks!

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered my maverick to use as a DD and commuter for my 110 mile round trip commute. It gets way better mileage than my Tacoma which I plan on keeping.
But now after waiting 5 months and still not having a build date I am wondering if I should just get something like a 2017 prius that gets even better mileage and Iā€™ll still have my Tacoma for truck things.
Any of you Prius/maverick owners care to chime in?
I drive a 2017 Prius, and the Maverick will be my spouse's primary vehicle. It might depend on which Prius level (Prius 2, 3, 3t, 4, 4t), but if you already have a truck, you might very well want the Prius as your everyday vehicle. It's pretty roomy and nice, and it's hard to beat the gas mileage, which will be over 50 mpg using regular 87 gas. Once you hit the level 3, you can count on lots of safety features as well. Note, however, that only the 3t (3 touring) has a spare tire. The rest come standard with some kind of patch kit.

OP
OP

Skee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma
Well, that happened fast but I went to browse the local Toyota dealer to see what they had to test drive, and ended up walking out with a 2022 Prius Eco L for just a smidge over MSRP ($500) after talking them down from their $2000 market adjustment. Iā€™m pretty happy with the purchase and it ended up coming out to almost exactly what my XLT hybrid was going to cost and itā€™s the same color as my mav. The 2022 has much more ā€œnormalā€ and simpler styling than the previous generation which I really like and is supposed to be the most fuel efficient yet which will suit my needs as a commuter. Iā€™m still going to lurk on this forum though since my Dad has a maverick on order as well šŸ˜‰
Thank you all for your input and recommendations!
Ford Maverick Maverick or Prius? 8EF9B26A-9885-4C2F-94F5-03909B449233

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will look into those Camrys more. I thought they were significantly more expensive but seems like they arenā€™t too bad if they have a little higher mileage. Iā€™ve always liked Toyotas but Iā€™m not even close to enough of a die hard to pay ridiculous Toyota tax in most vehicles. I still really like the maverick but I also think I need to be realistic about what I really need it for since I plan to keep my 06 Tacoma TRD until the wheels fall off. A comfortable dedicated commuter that gets 50+ mpg may suit me better.
Either Toyota is losing money on each Camry Hybrid they sell or they making a killing on the Corolla HyBrid, last I saw, there was like a $1500 difference between the two.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I love the Prius, I've driven an older one and a newer one and think they're just fantastic. I made fun of them initially when they came out and when I finally drove one I was like oh, actually this is pretty cool. It also wasn't slow as molasses which I expected it to be.

I was originally wanting a Prius with the largest cargo, but saw the Mav and thought hey that's basically exactly what I want.

Edit: I didn't see that you actually bought one already lol! You move fast!

Congrats! Jealous you have a new car before me, I'm waiting patiently while both of our cars die slow deaths. Our crappy Nissan just failed emissions so I bought a scanner and an o2 sensor (cross fingers)

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2005 Prius with only 97k miles Still averaging 45 mpg. The Gen 2 models may be old but they are widely considered the most dependable and longest lasting of all generations of the Prius. With my Maverick on the way to the dealer, I finally put it up for sale yesterday.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, that happened fast but I went to browse the local Toyota dealer to see what they had to test drive, and ended up walking out with a 2022 Prius Eco L for just a smidge over MSRP ($500) after talking them down from their $2000 market adjustment. Iā€™m pretty happy with the purchase and it ended up coming out to almost exactly what my XLT hybrid was going to cost and itā€™s the same color as my mav. The 2022 has much more ā€œnormalā€ and simpler styling than the previous generation which I really like and is supposed to be the most fuel efficient yet which will suit my needs as a commuter. Iā€™m still going to lurk on this forum though since my Dad has a maverick on order as well šŸ˜‰
Thank you all for your input and recommendations!
8EF9B26A-9885-4C2F-94F5-03909B449233.jpeg
I think you made a great call. Do you still have the hybrid on order? I would keep the order to see if you can make some money.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2005 Prius with only 97k miles Still averaging 45 mpg. The Gen 2 models may be old but they are widely considered the most dependable and longest lasting of all generations of the Prius. With my Maverick on the way to the dealer, I finally put it up for sale yesterday.
My 2011 just ticked 155k. She isnā€™t perfect but she keeps running. Google worst Prius year ever. Hahaa

OP
OP

Skee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma
I think you made a great call. Do you still have the hybrid on order? I would keep the order to see if you can make some money.
I do still have the hybrid XLT on order. Iā€™m not sure I want to deal with buying it, then risking not being able to resell it for enough to cover the taxes and fees on it though since I definitely donā€™t have the funds to pay cash for it and who knows what the market will be doing in another 3-4 months once I finally get it. I do want to drive it and check it out though still.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on the Prius, I also think you made the correct call. I would have bought a Prius over an XL or XLT Maverick, as well. But loaded up the price difference widens - the Prius Limited was over $5,000 more expensive than my Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux. I wanted the additional features of the higher trim levels, so Maverick is what I am going with.
Sponsored