PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My choice vehicle will be a daily driver, 1.5miles to work and running errands. I put ~7,000 miles a year average. I do want to do some mild dirt roads and remote camping.
The Bronco would be a base 4 door and aftermarket tires, ~$35,000. My ordered Maverick is XLT lux, AWD, FX4, 4k tow, sunroof T ~$32,300. I know I would wait longer for the Bronco but would have longer to save the difference. I already have a Mazda 5, gets same mpg as Maverick. Any ideas or thoughts?
Sponsored

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My choice vehicle will be a daily driver, 1.5miles to work and running errands. I put ~7,000 miles a year average. I do want to do some mild dirt roads and remote camping.
The Bronco would be a base 4 door and aftermarket tires, ~$35,000. My ordered Maverick is XLT lux, AWD, FX4, 4k tow, sunroof T ~$32,300. I know I would wait longer for the Bronco but would have longer to save the difference. I already have a Mazda 5, gets same mpg as Maverick. Any ideas or thoughts?
You are comparing two completely different vehicles. Bronco will get you to the back country without any worries. The Maverick will get you to Home Depot and back very comfortably. Bronco is a true 4WD vs AWD on Maverick. Bronco gets you over ruts, rocks and small trees. Maverick gets you down a nice dirt road. Bronco will most likely be a soft top unless you want to wait until 2023 (Ford already has enough orders for 2022 in the system) If you cant decide, do what many are doing and get both!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both! You only live once!

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Maverick ordered and a Oct build date. I also have a Broncho reservation. No order yet as I would likely have a 22MY, if soft-top and 2.3. I might just keep the Maverick and see how I like it. If I need more off-Road capacity I can get a 4wd later.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just took delivery last Wednesday of the Bronco's baby brother the Bronco Sport. Took it to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest on Thursday for a long weekend. Really like it so far, gives me a taste of what the Maverick will be like.
Ford Maverick Bronco or Maverick? IMG_2339

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just took delivery last Wednesday of the Bronco's baby brother the Bronco Sport. Took it to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest on Thursday for a long weekend. Really like it so far, gives me a taste of what the Maverick will be like.
IMG_2339.jpeg
Looks sharp, Cactus gray.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think that color looks better on the Broncho sport and Broncho than the Maverick. Black trim is sharp too.
I think the black roof really sets it off.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I test drove a Bronco Sport to get the feel of the interior..dash because it is similar to the Maverick... Everything was great and I would have bought it but I need a truck once in a while...The dang thing got 28.6mpg....I reset the clocks when I started...and that was all city..except for 2 miles and it was 45mph and the computer showed 33mpg....I know the engines aren't the same but I'm impressed.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like you might want to take weather into consideration as well. Soft top Bronco probably won't be as warm and cozy in Seattle weather and you definately will have a noiser ride than being secure inside the Maverick interior.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the same boat….defiantly prefer 4x4 over AWD….Have a Maverick XLT on order but dont expect delivery until Jan/Feb/March 2022….so I watch the used market daily for a slightly used Bronco Sport…with no deposit down for the Maverick I’d abandon the order for $25-29 Bronco Sport Outback with low mileage.
Sponsored