2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having had 2 Prius and now an Ioniq…The Prius is drop dead dependable…but my Ioniq is a much better car in my opinion…that being said, I am tired of my butt being on the ground all the time! Can’t wait for the Maverick to get me up in the air and still get great mileage
This is why I'm getting a Maverick and not a car... I also think the Maverick has a better interior over all
Sponsored

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consider a Hybrid Camry, you are giving up a few mpg for a way more comfortable vehicle. I drove both and no comparison in driving. The Honda Insight I consider a step above the Prius in comfort too. I am averaging over 51+ mpg since ownership. The only reason I am getting my Maverick is mpg and flat towing behind my RV instead of my Miata. I have my Super Duty for big boy truck work.

OP
OP

Skee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma
Consider a Hybrid Camry, you are giving up a few mpg for a way more comfortable vehicle. I drove both and no comparison in driving. The Honda Insight I consider a step above the Prius in comfort too. I am averaging over 51+ mpg since ownership. The only reason I am getting my Maverick is mpg and flat towing behind my RV instead of my Miata. I have my Super Duty for big boy truck work.
I will look into those Camrys more. I thought they were significantly more expensive but seems like they aren’t too bad if they have a little higher mileage. I’ve always liked Toyotas but I’m not even close to enough of a die hard to pay ridiculous Toyota tax in most vehicles. I still really like the maverick but I also think I need to be realistic about what I really need it for since I plan to keep my 06 Tacoma TRD until the wheels fall off. A comfortable dedicated commuter that gets 50+ mpg may suit me better.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2. My wife (retires in 4 years) has a '16 Lexus NX 300H daily commuter with 55k miles. We use this for all of our running, out of town trips, etc. Instead we'll use the Maverick to keep the miles off of her Lexus in hopes it'll last longer into retirement.
Don't try to save a hybrid by leaving it sitting. The best thing you can do for a hybrid is run it regularly, sitting will degrade the battery as much or more than using it. That's the general impression I get from the hybrid techs.

I originally ordered my maverick to use as a DD and commuter for my 110 mile round trip commute. It gets way better mileage than my Tacoma which I plan on keeping.
But now after waiting 5 months and still not having a build date I am wondering if I should just get something like a 2017 prius that gets even better mileage and I’ll still have my Tacoma for truck things.
Any of you Prius/maverick owners care to chime in?
If you don't need the Maverick for real truck work, just get a Toyota Hybrid. Love my Camry Hybrid, so little maintenance. The longer I wait for the Maverick, the more I read here, and seeing the issues entry level Ford vehicles have, the more leery I get about buying a Ford.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add me to the pro-Prius list. I was cross shopping the Maverick Hybrid with a Prius Limited. The Maverick was cheaper and I have always wanted a truck, but they were always too big and too thirsty. So the Maverick won out. But what great cars the Prii are. They run forever and ask very little of their owners.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
We have a Leaf as a commuter car and a Tacoma for truck things and road trips. Would recommend going full electric if you can charge it at home. We had some range anxiety at first, but 200-230 miles on a charge is plenty.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I avoid any toyotas. Japanese cars just arent built for me.

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a Toyota Prius, best car I have ever owned. I have had BMW 535, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mercedes C class, and still my prius is my go to. I will never get rid of it, you can’t beat 55MPG maintenance is just oil and filter, I did the brakes pads once. Well long story short, needed a truck for my current endeavors and since this Maverick is taking so long I just purchased a 2017 F150 EcoBoot with the 2.7 amazing truck!!!! I’m still keeping my Maverick order for a possible flip but please don’t let a car slow you down on what you got to do. If you Go with the Prius I promise it’s going to become your favorite car. I can’t vouch for the mav soooo….

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was it Will Farrell in the movie "The Other Guys" call a Prius? :D :D I cannot repeat it here. LOL.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Tacoma
The Mav would be great if I didn't need 4x4 for my truck. I beat my tacoma up driving on the beach multiple times a week, hauling firewood, etc. and I would't want to beat a brand new maverick up doing that, plus it just doesn't have the capabilities of my tacoma (I actually use the full length of the bed quite often and have a camper shell for security. For me the mav only makes sense with the hybrid mpg, and to get AWD would eliminate that benefit. It sucks though because I could probably get more for my Tacoma now than I paid for it 6 years and 65k miles ago haha.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's just that you have good taste.
Or small ass. Its always been a fit issue with me. Even in a Tundra, they are just tight in the wrong places. When I was young I crusied around with my buddy alot in his marty mcfly toyota. Half the the time I rode in the bed :ROFLMAO:

I have also had a fair amount of toyota people tell me how reliable their truck is and they never have to work on it all the time like my jeep. Until I have to tow them to a shop or home.

I just always prefer Fords. Jeeps are good but take alot of work. That said I dont really hold japanese cars in any less regard than I do GM or european cars.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always liked the prius in concept, but could never get past the look. I always wished a small hybrid truck would get built, kinda like a prius truck. Well my wish got granted! I would get the Maverick, but my vote is more about cosmetics than any really grounded utility or reliability argument, since you already have a tacoma.
Sponsored

Last edited: