Maverick or Tacoma

BlueInferno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cavalier
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I've had more truck-buying jitters than I ever had wedding jitters. Must be too much time to think about it.
I'm right there with you man. Ever since I ordered my Maverick, I've been wondering if I should go with something else like the Ranger or Tacoma. Even go out to see what they are like for around the same price. AWD would be nice here in NC and the size was better than I thought when I saw one. I just want a truck that I'll feel comfortable and feel safe in during weather and dealing with people.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Generally, when these "this or that" questions arise, thorough test drives usually make the decision pretty easy.

These days, a test drive is a tad more difficult for obvious reasons.

My advice would be to try and find a Tacoma to test drive if possible, then when your ordered Mav comes in, do a thorough test drive in that, before committing. Then choose the one you like best.

Simple, right? 🤠

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
I'm having second thoughts about the Maverick. I work for Toyota and can get a sizable discount on a Tacoma. I ordered a loaded Lariat Maverick totalling around $36k. Am I crazy for not getting a well-equiped Tacoma for a couple grand more? I like the size and MPG of the Maverick. I currently drive a 2014 Jeep Cherokee with all the bells and whistles one could expect from a 2014. I want comfort as this will be my daily driver. We have a small camper and don't ever plan on upgrading size-wise. 4k towing capacity is plenty for us. I guess I'm just worried about the Maverick feeling cheap. I keep hearing about all the hard plastic in th interior. I'm also 5'1" and really like the idea of not having to climb my way into the truck.
I use to have a '16 Tacoma an sold it for a new '20 Ranger XLT FX4 that I like far more due to better powertrain an suspension of my Ranger FX. The Tacoma has plenty hard plastic in it. I also have a new Maverick Lariat FX4 in the driveway. For price pt it has a very nice interior. As for getting a Tacoma for close price of the Maverick!? It will be a super bare bones Tacoma .. very few features.. terrible interior etc so not sure where your coming from here.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
I'm right there with you man. Ever since I ordered my Maverick, I've been wondering if I should go with something else like the Ranger or Tacoma. Even go out to see what they are like for around the same price. AWD would be nice here in NC and the size was better than I thought when I saw one. I just want a truck that I'll feel comfortable and feel safe in during weather and dealing with people.
Test drive both an you will most likely pick the new Ranger! It's excellent. We have a Maverick Lariat FX4 an '20 Ranger XLT FX4. The Ranger is best in class in so many ways vs Tacoma esp the powertrain! Incredible esp in sport mode plus terrain modes for 4wd an on & on. Ranger won most all reviews when came out hence our initial interest. After happy ownership we got the Maverick also.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
It will be a super bare bones Tacoma .. very few features.. terrible interior etc so not sure where your coming from here.
I have a base model Tacoma. The interior is one of the best parts about it. The rear seats on this thing makes every other truck look foolish. I ordered the Mav for better power and easier parking. I will definitely miss the Taco's interior though.
Sponsored