2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I wish my dealership had them in stock
fact is No dealer is supposed to have them in stock while retail orders are outstanding. Declines… ok. Dealer stock. No

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can appreciate people that have been able to poach the declined orders AND get 'em at MSRP. While it irritates the s#it out of me, I respect the hussle. I just despise when they make it sound oh so easy. Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not in the majority of the country!

Reactions: DJF

Sponsored

OP
OP
handelong86

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ford escape 2006 jeep liberty ford Mavrick XL
fact is No dealer is supposed to have them in stock while retail orders are outstanding. Declines… ok. Dealer stock. No
I did not know that

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not know that
That is not gospel. I do remember FoMoCo saying that at the beginning of this whole process, but as usual, it’s all fluid. Reality is though, some dealers are getting dealer stock while reservations and retail orders sit in limbo.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must not be a fancy type person, but I dont get the whole hype about the whole "first edition" thing. I mean it's supposed to be an inexpensive compact pickup right? I just cant see spending 36k or more on a compact pickup with a 1 year only paint job.
Give them the razor for free and charge a lot for the blades. It's been going on for a long time now and enough people still do it to make it profitable.

Ford will make enough money off me with the XL hybrid and I see no reason to doll it up when all I want is a truck to haul supplies with.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must not be a fancy type person, but I dont get the whole hype about the whole "first edition" thing. I mean it's supposed to be an inexpensive compact pickup right? I just cant see spending 36k or more on a compact pickup with a 1 year only paint job.
I don’t get that either. For $36,000, why not just get a Ranger with a fair amount of extra junk on it.

Sponsored

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can appreciate people that have been able to poach the declined orders AND get 'em at MSRP. While it irritates the s#it out of me, I respect the hussle. I just despise when they make it sound oh so easy. Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not in the majority of the country!
It was just luck when I went to a different dealer in smaller market for an inspection sticker and asked if he had any coming in. He said it was an unsold order basic XLT with FX4, wheels and moon roof. Still waiting on my Larait 4k FX4 LUX order from July. Production date has moved 3 times form 2/28 to 2/21 and now 3/6. Happy with the truck prefer the Lariat if it ever shows up.

OP
OP
handelong86

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ford escape 2006 jeep liberty ford Mavrick XL
That is not gospel. I do remember FoMoCo saying that at the beginning of this whole process, but as usual, it’s all fluid. Reality is though, some dealers are getting dealer stock while reservations and retail orders sit in limbo.
yeah i dont see any at my dealer just one to test drive.

Lexx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We’ll see about that

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ended up getting mine two states away in Alabama. I used Autotrader, cars.com, truecar, and cargurus. I clicked on the "get final price" or "check availability" and left my contact info on every Maverick that interested me. Most dealerships will respond within a day and tell me that the one I was asking about was sold or pre-sold, but chances are, they'll explain how they have more coming in soon or on the lot, or whatever... Then you just get lucky with how they're selling them (MSRP or markup).

Point being, just check availability on everything and leave that email and/or phone #. Play the odds, eventually someone will reach out. I did this whole process daily for about a month and a half. Got some hits but not at MSRP until the final one.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We’ll see about that
Nope. The first edition thing doesnt do anything for me. When I get my much cheaper XLT AWD, going to put 2" drop springs, some 18" focus RS MK4 Circuit Alloys on it, a focus RS MK4 leather steering wheel, a bed cover, a bed mat, some LED bed lights and be done with it. And still have a bunch of cash left over
Sponsored