Sponsored

Wait for my order (yet to be confirmed) or buy off the lot?

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
So I had ordered a truck back in November. 2.0 XLT, FX4, 4K tow and Lux Package. Recently I had the dealer drop the spray in and add the drop in bed liner in hopes of getting a production bump. As of now, still crickets. One of my other local dealers just called me and said they got an XLT, FX4 order in that the client backed out of. The color is Area 51, I ordered silver. The 4k tow I would likely never use, but would have been nice. The Lux package I did really want. But, it is available now, and is $4k ish less than the truck I ordered. How many of you would jump on this vs. waiting for the order? Oh, I would wager it has black wheels too, and I had optioned the silver wheels with the all terrain tires.
Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait for what you want unless you are walking.

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
If the 4k and lux don't matter to you then I would jump on it.
Lux would be really nice. I hate the plastic steering wheel (not that the Ford leather is super high quality, but still) plus those heated seats are awfully nice to have. But, I am not a fan of waiting for 6, 7, who knows how many more months for my truck either

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Just wait for what you want unless you are walking.
No, luckily I have a perfectly good new body Ram. But I didn't really want to wait a year for an order... Such a bummer

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I had ordered a truck back in November. 2.0 XLT, FX4, 4K tow and Lux Package. Recently I had the dealer drop the spray in and add the drop in bed liner in hopes of getting a production bump. As of now, still crickets. One of my other local dealers just called me and said they got an XLT, FX4 order in that the client backed out of. The color is Area 51, I ordered silver. The 4k tow I would likely never use, but would have been nice. The Lux package I did really want. But, it is available now, and is $4k ish less than the truck I ordered. How many of you would jump on this vs. waiting for the order? Oh, I would wager it has black wheels too, and I had optioned the silver wheels with the all terrain tires.
Does it have a hitch receiver at least? Dealer orders seem to be the only ones without them for the most part - otherwise I see you're in AZ so the lux package is not a huge upgrade (don't need the heated steering wheel/seats) and the other lux package stuff isn't a huge miss (can get a bedliner yourself).

I'd say go for it and resell when yours comes in...

Maverick Matt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lux would be really nice. I hate the plastic steering wheel (not that the Ford leather is super high quality, but still) plus those heated seats are awfully nice to have. But, I am not a fan of waiting for 6, 7, who knows how many more months for my truck either
The steering wheel can be swapped for one with leather. I honestly thought I would hate the vinyl steering wheel as well, but its actually not that bad at all. I came from a new Lincoln SUV for context.

Heated cloth seats are really not necessary IMO.

I don't plan on towing much and certainly not 4000lbs. But I got it because it was fairly cheap and it will be better for resale when that time comes.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Write it down, then make a decision. Both are good builds. If you do not need a vehicle or the extra cash now, wait it out. If not, buy it. It is good to have options.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you mean when you say your order hasn't been confirmed? Did you never get an email from Ford? Did your dealer put your order in correctly? If not, you don't actually have a truck on order.

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I was you I would wait. If you plan keeping long term, then wait. If you plan on buying a new one in a few years, then jump on it and order 2024 next year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does it have a hitch receiver at least? Dealer orders seem to be the only ones without them for the most part - otherwise I see you're in AZ so the lux package is not a huge upgrade (don't need the heated steering wheel/seats) and the other lux package stuff isn't a huge miss (can get a bedliner yourself).

I'd say go for it and resell when yours comes in...
This is my inclination for sure. Just drive this one as is, and then dump it when mine comes in.

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you mean when you say your order hasn't been confirmed? Did you never get an email from Ford? Did your dealer put your order in correctly? If not, you don't actually have a truck on order.
The dealer says the order is confirmed, and its had a priority bump. But for sure, I do not have a VIN or build date. I have spoken to my sales person multiple times, and a sales manager. They have said they expect it to be scheduled in the next month or so, for whatever that is worth. That is why I am inclined to take this one now, even though it isn't exactly what I want.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer says the order is confirmed, and its had a priority bump. But for sure, I do not have a VIN or build date. I have spoken to my sales person multiple times, and a sales manager. They have said they expect it to be scheduled in the next month or so, for whatever that is worth. That is why I am inclined to take this one now, even though it isn't exactly what I want.
I think that would be a good plan. I read today that the Ford Maverick is one of the best vehicles for resale value. You could always get this one, then order the exact one you want in a year or so, and trade up.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed my order and then found a stock ordered one with everything I wanted a month later. Cant hurt to put in an order if the deposit is refundable!

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would highly advice check cars.com and get what you want. I haggled with 4 dealers in three different states before I got mine. Ended up driving 6 hours to buy mine, but I got everything I wanted in my maverick.
Sponsored