SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
where exactly did you hear that? Would be a dick move on Ford's part and bad PR. People kept assuming that Chevy would do that with the C8 Corvette entry level price but they held the line for at least the 1st full production year.
The Bronco Sport had some modest price hikes, I believe. It would not surprise me.
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2014 Ford Fusion
Depends how the market is. I ordered my 2021 F150 in November 2020, we agreed on roughly $6,000 under MSRP ( 'bout 1k under invoice). I picked it up in March and they kept their word. I recently went to my local dealer (not the dealer I bought it at. I asked them to give me a price and they didnt get back to me). Every F150 was $3K over MSRP, Bronco Sports were $999 over MSRP. Lets *pray* that the market gets back up by the Maverick release, I think we can legitimately expect to get them for MSRP if not a little under MSRP.

Dont expect -$6,000, my F150 was over $60,000 not $25,000 so there is not a lot of room for the Maverick.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Inflation is a serious issue. Companies are repricing like mad.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have to think that heavy demand while the Maverick is the "latest thing" will cause dealers to ask top dollar and not be interested in making deals no? I can understand being anxious, but wouldn't waiting 6 months or even a year result in a significant savings? That would also give time to see where the "bugs" might be in the first releases.

So long as my Sport Trac keeps running well, if the Maverick prices stay high I might hang back a while. The price of anything lies between how badly you want it and how badly the seller needs to sell it. Early on, we buyers will be on the short end of that stick.

Jamesscheffer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've run thru the Build and Price and have my configuration price, taxes in. Next up is to actually order at the dealership... what if anything could/will be added to that price? ie. "dealer prep" charges etc. Every dealer is a bit different, but their goal is to max profit. No, I do NOT want the undercoating. :)

I am willing to push in negotation, although this is the part of car buying I loathe......

This is my Dealer's quote:

Ford Maverick Expectation for "off the lot" price vs. Build & Price Maverick Quote.PNG

Sponsored

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MSRP is 1995... Invoice is 19595. Destination is 1495. Add 19595 and 1495. Multiply it by. 97

Im out the door 23k. Will drop because it does include my trade. Will pay less tax in the end

Are you in the Philly area
Thanks for the info! I am not in the area, I'm a bit outside Chicago, but the Granger Ford dealer is willing to ship. Not sure when I will be able to afford a new Mav but knowing invoice prices helps in planning.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Thanks for the info! I am not in the area, I'm a bit outside Chicago, but the Granger Ford dealer is willing to ship. Not sure when I will be able to afford a new Mav but knowing invoice prices helps in planning.
Absolutely. Check out Ed Simpson over a t Chapman in Philly too. He might be able to help you out. He is very responsive via text and email

Ed Simpson
Business Development Manager
Chapman Ford Northeast Philadelphia
215.608.0373 - Office
215.932.3148 - Cell
[email protected]

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
There shouldn't be any dealer prep, you are paying $1495 for destination and delivery.
Thank you, a point I attempted to discuss with a dealer as he added
$800 to the price plus advertising fee and gas.!

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, a point I attempted to discuss with a dealer as he added
$800 to the price plus advertising fee and gas.!
$800 PLUS Advertising Fee?????? Does he want you to pay for the Restroom upkeep also? I think what he really said to you was: "Time for you to find a new dealer." But that's just me.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
$800 PLUS Advertising Fee?????? Does he want you to pay for the Restroom upkeep also? I think what he really said to you was: "Time for you to find a new dealer." But that's just me.
I agree. Some of these dealers are playing people like fools. In this type of environment it's the dealers who have control. This won't last forever and there time will come

Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
You are correct! There actually is a dealer in Tampa with a $1299 fee,
but in all honesty they probably will reduce the fee or raise your trade. Either way not my approach to customer retention.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have never reserved a car before. I'm hoping that the dealership I chose does not add additional cost for market value or whatever bs I've seen on cars in the past. If so I will move my reservation. I did reach out to the dealership today by email, I want them to get back to me soon so that I can find out the finer details of cost with them. I have no trade as I will be keeping my YJ.

OP
OP

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never reserved a car before. I'm hoping that the dealership I chose does not add additional cost for market value or whatever bs I've seen on cars in the past. If so I will move my reservation. I did reach out to the dealership today by email, I want them to get back to me soon so that I can find out the finer details of cost with them. I have no trade as I will be keeping my YJ.
I'm thinking the same... doesn't it say "Dealer may sell for Less"? :unsure:

I am going to attempt 1st run at a price discussion this week, but I'm not falling into a FOMO trap. Ford is going to make a lot of these trucks once they get rolling on them. It might even be worth it to wait until they are on the lots... when they HAVE to move the inventory (and a test drive can be had)

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my out the door breakdown for North Carolina dealer:

~$32,050 Area 51 Lariat with Luxury package, + console vault + moon roof + delivery fee (I did not choose bed cover, not sure about that yet)
~$700 dealer administrative fee
~$1,000 tax
~$110 Tag, Title, Registration
~$60 "electronic filing fee"

Grand total of about $34,000 out the door for a loaded Lariat hybrid

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my out the door breakdown for North Carolina dealer:

~$32,050 Area 51 Lariat with Luxury package, + console vault + moon roof + delivery fee (I did not choose bed cover, not sure about that yet)
~$700 dealer administrative fee
~$1,000 tax
~$110 Tag, Title, Registration
~$60 "electronic filing fee"

Grand total of about $34,000 out the door for a loaded Lariat hybrid
Damn - nice low sales tax!!
Sponsored