First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually took it in for a paint defect and door handle sensor issue and they checked for the recall. The dealer still has my Maverick and its now been 30 days and still no replacement fuel tank.
I probably would have duct taped it and told them to call me when they get a tank... This is why I'm hesitant to take mine in for the random Clunk and grab when stopping. Did they at least put you in a service loaner or a rental?

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw my truck 1/7 and the tank was out on a table, the so called damage was so insignificant I couldn't even tell where they were. I could do more damage with my fingernail, LOL!. No hole what so ever. Theres nine drain holes in the bed right over the tank.
Another thing to remember is these tanks are pressurized !
I don't understand why they can't let us have our trucks (if they don't have a leak obviously) and call us in when they get tanks instead of holding them hostage !
This is exactly why my truck will be serviced at a local independent shop until they get all the bugs worked out... Noones holding my property hostage.

Supnotz 97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Supra, Infinity Q60
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly why my truck will be serviced at a local independent shop until they get all the bugs worked out... Noones holding my property hostage.
Well in my case, they wouldn't even let me take possesion until it was done, because the recall came out first. Fortunately, it didn't take long.
Sponsored