2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Actually I haven't changed my info yet as the dealer has not confirmed, but I have requested my order be changed to a Cyber Orange Lariat Lux.
I see you have a g70 currently. Nice! ...if you've got the lexicon system, I wouldn't expect the Maverick system to be anywhere close.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you have a g70 currently. Nice! ...if you've got the lexicon system, I wouldn't expect the Maverick system to be anywhere close.
Genesis does indeed have the Lexicon system.

In terms of the best audio systems we've owned, I'd say top 5:

2014 Lexus ES350 Mark Levinson
2021 Volvo XC40 harman/kardon (this was a short term lease "subscription" we just turned in)
2019 Genesis G70 Lexicon
2016 Mercedes E350 harman/kardon
2012 Infiniti G37 Bose

Those were my favorites, probably in that order. I expect the Maverick system to be as good (and hopefully better) as the 8-speaker 320w harman/kardon system in the Forte GT. These other cars are just far more expensive and it is not a fair comparison.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You didnt miss it, youll need to take the part numbers and google what comes up.
I am a "The second mouse gets the cheese" kind of person...hoping that someone on the forum had already done the work. :)

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know of, have an opinion, in regard to this B&O System? Sound quality, durability etc.? Also, I saw mention that someone is considering adding a new subwoofer... if there is aftermarket info on that - please share?
I am looking to add aftermarket subwoofer, because I opted not to get the B&O. My friends couple year old Ford's Edge with B&O is loud and enough base for me. And so is my Focus ST with factory Sony Sub, but I fear without the higher end factory radio, I will need to add some punch to satisfy my ears.

Sponsored

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOW - If this is accurate (no provenance cited, but I have no reason to doubt it), it's surprising: the rear speakers are NOT upgraded for the uber expensive B/O sound system.
Now if I only knew how big they are...
Thanks MavEcoBoost for the info
Same as our 2020 Escape. So I only upgraded the front door speakers and added a sub. Now it has even better sound that the top factory spec. Planning similar strategy for the Maverick.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same as our 2020 Escape. So I only upgraded the front door speakers and added a sub. Now it has even better sound that the top factory spec. Planning similar strategy for the Maverick.
If I understand these comments - the choice was to opt OUT OF the B&O system, and then upgrade the base system with higher end speakers and SubW?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I understand these comments - the choice was to opt OUT OF the B&O system, and then upgrade the base system with higher end speakers and SubW?
If I'm understanding this correctly it looks like, in a Ford vehicle, if there is no "B&O" badge on the speaker, then it is not upgraded.

I don't know of any other premium audio in a car that operates this way. That is odd. But the B&O came with the rest of the stuff I want, and as long as it is decent then we'll be good. I don't ever ride in the back anyway.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the 2 B&O tweeters in the dash are an upgrade from the standard system .I see guys replacing the woofers in the doors pretty easily .but the snap in tweeters in the standard system need serious modification, just thinking if the B&O tweeters where the same snap in system as the standard sound system and where better problem solved?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regarding the rear c-pillar speaker size:

MackrickEcoBoost posted the part numbers for the six speaker and B&O systems. The rears for both are the same part number: M2DZ 18808-J (2) Rear Speakers

Ford parts site indicate that this speaker is used in the front and rear doors of the 2020 Lincoln MKZ.
Crutchfield's "What fits my vehicle" utility for the 2020 Lincoln MKZ indicates that these are 5-1/4"

Sponsored

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am looking to add aftermarket subwoofer, because I opted not to get the B&O. My friends couple year old Ford's Edge with B&O is loud and enough base for me. And so is my Focus ST with factory Sony Sub, but I fear without the higher end factory radio, I will need to add some punch to satisfy my ears.
Took me two days hating the maverick cause of the sound speakers.I just wanted something Clear not thumps and by far this is the worst sound I heard. I bought this adapters below and the jbl clubman 6520 under 100 bucks I’m pretty happy. I’m sure there’s better speakers out there. Besides I didn’t want to do the amp run power.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the 2 B&O tweeters in the dash are an upgrade from the standard system .I see guys replacing the woofers in the doors pretty easily .but the snap in tweeters in the standard system need serious modification, just thinking if the B&O tweeters where the same snap in system as the standard sound system and where better problem solved?
Yes. All the B&O speakers in the Lariat Lux package are unique from the standard system except the C-Pillar speakers in the back.

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 2023 Mercedes AMG GLA 45
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those wanting to add aftermarket subs. They make boxes that are shallow that you lay face down on the floor and they can be stepped on. Scary, I know, but if you don't have anyone getting in the back or maybe just kids, it doesn't seem so crazy. I've had these sub boxes before. (Durable. Held up perfectly even being stepped on by my kids and myself.) They would work well in the back on the floor and the box design reduces the need for dynomat. Little to no vibration from the ceiling and doors! My last one was only 8 inches tall. Again, not a bad alternative for getting bigger subs in. I had 2 12s in my box.

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those wanting to add aftermarket subs. They make boxes that are shallow that you lay face down on the floor and they can be stepped on. Scary, I know, but if you don't have anyone getting in the back or maybe just kids, it doesn't seem so crazy. I've had these sub boxes before. (Durable. Held up perfectly even being stepped on by my kids and myself.) They would work well in the back on the floor and the box design reduces the need for dynomat. Little to no vibration from the ceiling and doors! My last one was only 8 inches tall. Again, not a bad alternative for getting bigger subs in. I had 2 12s in my box.
I think I saw a post on this site some one used the storage compartments under the seat for sub boxes. I was thinking of doing this but I have a hybrid on order and the 12v battery takes up some of the space. Also the rear floor boards are up 1" higher as well because of the HVB.
I am thinking either behind the seat or under front seats.

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 2023 Mercedes AMG GLA 45
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I saw a post on this site some one used the storage compartments under the seat for sub boxes. I was thinking of doing this but I have a hybrid on order and the 12v battery takes up some of the space. Also the rear floor boards are up 1" higher as well because of the HVB.
I am thinking either behind the seat or under front seats.
See. I thought of that too, but those plastic compartments seem like they would make so much vibration sounds unless u removed them. Haven't been in the Hybrid, but I know that the Ecoboost maybe only had enough room for an Amp behind the seats.
Sponsored