MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
B&O is a high end audio brand. But that means nothing for the Maverick, really. It has to do with speaker placement, quality, acoustics of the interior, etc. Also sound is really subjective so some might think it sounds fantastic and others might think it is awful. There is no right answer. Ideally, you'd be able to test it before ordering but that hasn't been possible.

It should definitely be an upgrade from the base system.
Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

B&O is a high end audio brand. But that means nothing for the Maverick, really. It has to do with speaker placement, quality, acoustics of the interior, etc. Also sound is really subjective so some might think it sounds fantastic and others might think it is awful. There is no right answer. Ideally, you'd be able to test it before ordering but that hasn't been possible.

It should definitely be an upgrade from the base system.
It is worth noting that this is not a true Bang & Olufsen system. This is "B&O by bang & olufsen"... think of it like how the designer clothing brands make lesser-quality goods specifically for their outlet stores.

That being said, with the addition of a subwoofer and external amplification, I don't doubt that it is a definite step up from the base system.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The speakers are not produced by Bang & Olufsen? I was not aware.

This accusation is frequently levied at Bose (not looking for a debate here) but Bose actually produces their speakers. They do not badge other people's stuff.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The speakers are not produced by Bang & Olufsen? I was not aware.

This accusation is frequently levied at Bose (not looking for a debate here) but Bose actually produces their speakers. They do not badge other people's stuff.
They are produced by bang and olufsen in the same way that j crew produces j crew factory clothing. It is just a specific line made for auto applications that likely won't live up to your expectations if you were familiar with the brand and looking for audiophile-grade stuff. I'm not saying this to trash the setup, and I'm sure it sounds good. but you know what they say: disappointment is a function of expectation.

FWIW, Bang & olufsen also partner with/ license their name to aston Martin, Bentley, and some others... but on those I believe it is branded "Bang & Olufsen".

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also @MLowe05 ,You are correct re Bose-- they produce their own components for their automotive partners, but I don't know that most audio geeks would consider them an "audiophile" company these days (or for the past decade or two?). The delta between what people expect of a bose car system vs what they get with a bose car system is probably not huge. Because either people don't expect a lot (the "audio geeks) or they are easier to satisfy (since they perceive bose as an audiophile product to begin with).

Anyway, I see that like myself your build is not lariat lux, so you and i will have many options to upgrade the audio system to whatever we like (within reason)!

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no idea, but back in the day B&O was a premium speaker for home use. Pretty pricey though.
B&O remains very high end quality...

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is worth noting that this is not a true Bang & Olufsen system. This is "B&O by bang & olufsen"... think of it like how the designer clothing brands make lesser-quality goods specifically for their outlet stores.

That being said, with the addition of a subwoofer and external amplification, I don't doubt that it is a definite step up from the base system.
Well that is cause for a vacuum- "not a true Bang & Olufsen system" - that sucks!

Sponsored

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the speakers for the 6 Speaker System:
LJ6Z 18808-B (2) Tweeter
M2DZ 18808-J (2) Rear Speakers
ET4Z 18808-D (2) Front Speakers

Here is the speakers for the 8 Speaker B&O System
MU5Z 18808-EA (2) Tweeter
M2DZ 18808-J (2) Rear Speakers
LJ6Z 18808-A (2) Front Speakers
FR3Z 18808-CK (1) Front Instrument Panel Speaker
NZ6Z 18808-A (1) Subwoofer
WOW - If this is accurate (no provenance cited, but I have no reason to doubt it), it's surprising: the rear speakers are NOT upgraded for the uber expensive B/O sound system.
Now if I only knew how big they are...
Thanks MavEcoBoost for the info

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
WOW - If this is accurate (no provenance cited, but I have no reason to doubt it), it's surprising: the rear speakers are NOT upgraded for the uber expensive B/O sound system.
Yeah Ford does that quite a bit depending on parts. But with B&O, the differences are the sub, panel speaker, and the amp. That is where they are getting the premium price tag.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rears are "typically" not as important, mostly for fill.
Having said that, on the Maverick they are mounted on the C pillar, so perhaps more important?
Having said that.... I used Focal's F&R on my F150 plus dedicate sub + amp in rear (not Ford crap) plus inline AMP to the sync-3 unit....resulting in an AMAZING difference.

Perhaps I missed it, but does anyone know the dimensions on the Ford speakers (both for regular unit and B&O upgrade)?

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Rears are "typically" not as important, mostly for fill.
Having said that, on the Maverick they are mounted on the C pillar, so perhaps more important?
Having said that.... I used Focal's F&R on my F150 plus dedicate sub + amp in rear (not Ford crap) plus inline AMP to the sync-3 unit....resulting in an AMAZING difference.

Perhaps I missed it, but does anyone know the dimensions on the Ford speakers (both for regular unit and B&O upgrade)?
You didnt miss it, youll need to take the part numbers and google what comes up.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also @MLowe05Anyway, I see that like myself your build is not lariat lux, so you and i will have many options to upgrade the audio system to whatever we like (within reason)!
Actually I haven't changed my info yet as the dealer has not confirmed, but I have requested my order be changed to a Cyber Orange Lariat Lux.
Sponsored