First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The gas tank started leaking where the filler tube meets the gas tank three weeks ago. Got a new gas tank. Now I noticed a shaking in my front wheels when accelerating. Took it to the dealer and he said the Truck needs a new transmission. Something to do with the flywheel in the transmission. I have to wait four weeks for a new tranny. Ready to get rid of this truck with all the problems and recalls.
Update: bought an extended warrantee from Granger Ford. Still waiting for my new tranny. The dealer said around March 23rd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jerrisn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid/2023 Hyundai Tuscon/2013 Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Curious if you have an extended warranty?

Sponsored

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Out of warranty on a Ford.. usually best to dump - at least in my view/experience.

Scottprinz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22 was a problem child. Swapped it out for 24. No issues yet. Covid vechiles. Had poor quality control on suppiers. 24 are being checked alot more before they leave the manufacturer.
0 defect policy went into effect. I got my money back on the 22.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The gas tank started leaking where the filler tube meets the gas tank three weeks ago. Got a new gas tank. Now I noticed a shaking in my front wheels when accelerating. Took it to the dealer and he said the Truck needs a new transmission. Something to do with the flywheel in the transmission. I have to wait four weeks for a new tranny. Ready to get rid of this truck with all the problems and recalls.
Lemon law in your state? Usually the initial consult is free. So sorry to hear that what should be an exciting experience with a new vehicle turned into a regretful purchase.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lemon law in your state? Usually the initial consult is free. So sorry to hear that what should be an exciting experience with a new vehicle turned into a regretful purchase.
If the dealer fixes it successfully then it's not a lemon. Lemon laws are for unresolvable issues.

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe, but I could be wrong, that any new parts put in your vehicle at the dealership have a two year warranty.

Sponsored

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He does not need an extended warranty. The hybrid drivetrain is good for 8 years/100k miles.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the hybrid powertrain has a flywheel. It might be the CV axles. Do you have another dealer nearby to get a second diagnosis?

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd get a second opinion, sounds like cv axel ( VERY common problem with these trucks).

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the hybrid powertrain has a flywheel. It might be the CV axles. Do you have another dealer nearby to get a second diagnosis?
There is a flywheel and a sort of static clutch even to act as a breakaway/damper between the crankshaft and trans input.
Sponsored