Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 issues going on with my truck:
1) I get a glare on the infoscreen with the western sun shining on the passenger seat, which makes the screen completely inoperable. I've tried driving with the sun facing toward the back of the car, but I find I never make it home. Any suggestions about the glare? I did buy a screen cover, but that's only going to protect the screen when I hit the screen too hard by accident.

2) This past weekend I was traveling and the air conditioning started blowing at a high speed. Like I had adjusted the level of the blower, but I didn't. Have a short time it stopped blowing hard and went back to its normal pace. Anyone else have this happened and a solution. Please and thank you.
Sponsored

stevj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the first one, I go to Target and get a beach towel to cover the seat. Dark grey, or some other color that matches the interior. They have quite a selection of size and color.
I also punch holes for the headrest posts, which holds it in place and it's long enough to reach the floor in front of the seat.

Steve

OP
OP

Dearley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Steve. That could work. Unfortunately it occurs when a person sits there as well. Although, I could make them wear the beach towel 😜

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have polarized sunglasses? Years ago, a bunch of Porsche owners complained that cars with light colored dashboards, the sun's reflection off the dash made it difficult to see out of the windshield. Porsche sent them a couple hundred dollars to buy some polarized sunglasses which totally worked.

As far as the AC fan speed, it will slow itself down if you make a bluetooth call or navigation gives directions, then reset to original speed when call is over. Same if the start/stop function activates or you have it set for a temperature it will speed up or slow down as needed.

Ford Maverick Minor issues with my 22 Maverick Resized_20170628_112036

OP
OP

Dearley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for your feedback.
I do have polarized sunglasses which makes it worse with the reflection off the seat or my wife's very pale skin onto the screen.
The air conditioner issue occurs randomly while driving only.

twiens1590

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the AC is working in climate control mode. It will adjust as needed to maintain temperature in the cabin
Sponsored