ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
as the happy owner of a carbon grey, I would admit that the only real job that a color has for a vehicle is to be easy to see, by other drivers and by you in the parking lot.
Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My manager asked me if a bunch of kids mistook my truck for a school bus and tried to catch a ride. :)

I'm thinking about nicknaming the truck "Sunshine".

I was thrilled with it from the beginning and like the CO a little more every day. The only way it could be any better is if it was Clemson orange instead of cyber yellow-orange. No regrets AT ALL.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
If I get rolled, I’ve pretty much decided to go with cyber orange through my 2023 and 2024 wait.
The color has grown on me.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
My manager asked me if a bunch of kids mistook my truck for a school bus and tried to catch a ride. :)

I'm thinking about nicknaming the truck "Sunshine".

I was thrilled with it from the beginning and like the CO a little more every day. The only way it could be any better is if it was Clemson orange instead of cyber yellow-orange. No regrets AT ALL.
Hmmmm that’s suspicious.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_20220711_182958747.jpg

I love my cyber orange. I get compliments almost daily on it
Maverick number 2 is going to be Cyber Orange. (My Maverick!)

jdiaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XLT Lux 2000 Boxster 1970 VW Westy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its funny that this thread comes up today, as my wife and I were talking about putting in an order for a Cyber Orange Lariat when the order books open on September 15th. The HPR is a great color, but seems to be common on a bunch of cars in our area.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those who have taken delivery and are now living with Cyber Orange Mavericks....
Any comments, feedback? Are you loving your choice?
Going to get a second Maverick, yes it will be a Hybrid, or hopefully a PHEV if those come about in 2023/24.. I almost got the Cyber Orange the first go around, ended up with the Cactus Gray... And I like it, but more importantly, the wife likes it a lot...it was her choice.
Tell me about living with Cyber Orange... It's certainly not a under the radar color.
I like it, it's attractive. But, too bright for my truck. I like to not stick out. While I like it on someone else's truck I'm going with A51. My first choice would be a teal (blue green) or a green. But. That orange looks great.

Sponsored

OkinawaJoe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
For those who have taken delivery and are now living with Cyber Orange Mavericks....
Going to get a second Maverick, yes it will be a Hybrid, or hopefully a PHEV if those come about in 2023/24.. I almost got the Cyber Orange the first go around, ended up with the Cactus Gray... And I like it, but more importantly, the wife likes it a lot...it was her choice.
Tell me about living with Cyber Orange... It's certainly not a under the radar color.
I'm going to offer my .$02 about color. Different colors appeal to different people. In my case, I bought a '22 Ranger, I had found a cactus gray in the transit to the dealer. Well tine went on, and no truck. Then I actually saw a cactus gray Ranger and hated it. So I searched and found a cyber Orange in stock 150 miles away, saw it and fell immediately in love with the color, no regrets.

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? IMG_20220314_090808496

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? IMG_20220801_094832366

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had mine a bit over a week and I'm loving it. Same reasons everyone's already mentioned (easy to see, feel more visible on the road to other motorists, just a fun color)

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? no-regrets-no-ragrets

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would totally shake the hand of the marketing genius that put "Center Line Yellow" road paint on a truck and then convinced the world it was orange.
Let's call it by its actual name, Yellow.
When I first became interested in the Maverick, I took my wife to a local dealer to scope out the various colors. The Ford website examples looked a little off to my eye and I wanted to see some real life examples. We walked onto the lot and my wife immediately caught sight of a Cyber Orange Ranger and asked if the Maverick was available in "that beautiful orange". The eye sees what it sees, and not always the same as others see. Anyway, I'm very glad we went, because I didn't much care for the color in Ford's official Cyber Orange photos. See it in person to be sure!

And as for "School Bus Yellow"....well, it simply isn't. This from the Color And Design Encyclopedia for reference:

"If you live in the United States, the color of most school buses is not a pure yellow (like the color of lemons). It's not the same color as an orange either. The color of a school bus is yellow-orange. This color is a mixture of lemon yellow and orange ... like the color of the fruit of a mango.

So why do we still refer to a school bus as yellow? Back in the 1930’s in the U.S., school buses were pure yellow. Thus, the term "school bus yellow" came into the English language."

Last edited:

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
When I first became interested in the Maverick, I took my wife to a local dealer to scope out the various colors. The Ford website examples looked a little off to my eye and I wanted to see some real life examples. We walked onto the lot and my wife immediately caught sight of a Cyber Orange Ranger and asked if the Maverick was available in "that beautiful orange". The eye sees what it sees, and not always the same as others see. Anyway, I'm very glad we went, because I didn't much care for the color in Ford's official Cyber Orange photos. See it in person to be sure!

And as for "School Bus Yellow"....well, it simply isn't. This from the Color And Design Encyclopedia for reference:

"If you live in the United States, the color of most school buses is not a pure yellow (like the color of lemons). It's not the same color as an orange either. The color of a school bus is yellow-orange. This color is a mixture of lemon yellow and orange ... like the color of the fruit of a mango.

So why do we still refer to a school bus as yellow? Back in the 1930’s in the U.S., school buses were pure yellow. Thus, the term "school bus yellow" came into the English language."
Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? 290b3af826e6acb8551637252f96cfdd
Sponsored