Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jl makes premium stuff .just have to pay their premium price if you want new.
Yep.

Let's hop in the wayback machine and take a glance at this terrible photo from 2004 of my Lancer Evo 8 with spare tire delete, false trunk JL 12w3, and two Precision Power amps made in Phoenix Arizona.

I wouldn't buy a JL today. They're great, but a lot of other things are great also, and they all cost a lot less.

Ford Maverick JL Audio Stealth Box released for Maverick 019.JPG
Sponsored

Aaron F

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux w/ 4k and BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea I like the design, but I think if it came with an amp that would be more around the price range. Give it a year or two and the price will drop, if they are still making them.
I think the price would be more in the realm of reality for people if they used that cubby space on top for a 300w integrated amplifier like they do on some of their other prefab boxes. I think $800 is in line with their prefab prices, but seems steap compared to other options out there.

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep.

Let's hop in the wayback machine and take a glance at this terrible photo from 2004 of my Lancer Evo 8 with spare tire delete, false trunk JL 12w3, and two Precision Power amps made in Phoenix Arizona.

I wouldn't buy a JL today. They're great, but a lot of other things are great also, and they all cost a lot less.

019.JPG
Precision Power! That *IS* way back! :D

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Precision Power! That *IS* way back! :D
yep. the big one is a Powerclass PC4100. I ran 100w to a set of MB Quart 6.5 components and 400w to that JL 12w3. even with the Memphis 1 farad capacitor, it definitely dimmed the lights.

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Darklyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BASE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IDK.. with it's installation placement, I can't take the risk of any backseat passengers feeling the Brown Note. Lol

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the price would be more in the realm of reality for people if they used that cubby space on top for a 300w integrated amplifier like they do on some of their other prefab boxes. I think $800 is in line with their prefab prices, but seems steap compared to other options out there.
Agreed. Really cool design and honestly I don't mind it being an entry level sub, but for that price I'd rather sacrifice the cubby space for something with an amp included. Personally always been a fan of JL but I also agree with others that now days there are better cheaper options in terms of quality.

Hi @MABETT can you please design a plastic box with a big round hole similar to this?
I have a feeling it would have all sorts of QC issues if they did. I made the mistake of buying that tailgate cover they have and it only fit after I broke two of the clips off. They just wouldn't grab and it was all sorts of wobbly too. Like, not flat.

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with this and a simple Alpine mono amp as someone else posted that it sounded great if you manage expectations. Still able to keep my headrests I think in the passenger cubby and set this in since it’s angled. Might see if it fits behind the seat somewhere. We will see when I get it going next week.

Ford Maverick JL Audio Stealth Box released for Maverick IMG_2186

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$1,000!!!! 😳
Have you seen some of the home made boxes? Horrendous. It takes some work to make a quality piece. Ship it. And make a profit. But I get it. 1k is a lot of money.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some of the add-ons people are paying for (and adding to this inexpensive truck) are unreal. See some of the other threads? A full wrap, paint protection film, inflatable topper, collapsable camper up top, Katskinz seat covers, wheels & tires, etc. The list goes on... The JL box is pricey, but not out of the ballpark for what a truck buyer will spend if it's important to them.

As for the woofer they chose to put in it. They may have "better" woofers, but I suspect that the one they chose likely performs best in that tiny box volume. Heck, the backside of many of their woofers probably won't fit in this enclosure. It's not a given that a better or more expensive woofer will actually give you noticeably better sound/performance in that enclosure to justify its additional cost.
Inflatable topper is not that bad. As little as I will use it I's rather pay $1100 for one than $4000 for fiberglass. When pulling my enclosed camper it will give some fuel savings.

Sponsored

Cabiles1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you seen some of the home made boxes? Horrendous. It takes some work to make a quality piece. Ship it. And make a profit. But I get it. 1k is a lot of money.
Absolute pain in the ass to make a box with the random angles

Ford Maverick JL Audio Stealth Box released for Maverick IMG_4546

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No joke. I've seen a lot of good work and a lot more terrible work lol. It's a very hard spot to make a box for and a lot of people will result to making "molds" of it. That's why the boxes they sell (I forget which company) are like $300 for a 10" sub box. They know most people will chose the plug and play route.

Absolute pain in the ass to make a box with the random angles

IMG_4546.jpeg
One of the better ones I've seen on this forum and one of my personal favorites. Plus, I like SKAR because they are cheap enough to replace if something goes wrong lol. And still good quality, IMHO.

I will say, if I haven't already, the box looks quality made. I know JL wouldn't sell a piece of crap box and the fact they considered leaving some storage deserves a nod of approval. But I have also read a lot on here about the size needed to push a 10" sub and it's cutting it close in that small space.

Cabiles1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No joke. I've seen a lot of good work and a lot more terrible work lol. It's a very hard spot to make a box for and a lot of people will result to making "molds" of it. That's why the boxes they sell (I forget which company) are like $300 for a 10" sub box. They know most people will chose the plug and play route.

One of the better ones I've seen on this forum and one of my personal favorites. Plus, I like SKAR because they are cheap enough to replace if something goes wrong lol. And still good quality, IMHO.

I will say, if I haven't already, the box looks quality made. I know JL wouldn't sell a piece of crap box and the fact they considered leaving some storage deserves a nod of approval. But I have also read a lot on here about the size needed to push a 10" sub and it's cutting it close in that small space.
Thanks for the kind words.
I completely agree with your Skar comment. The price was right and can easily be replaced. Plus the required air volume was pretty low for the one I got.