Sponsored

If they made a full EV Maverick, would you buy, switch? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Thats how the hybrid already works. Different powertrain setup than the mild hybrid Power Boost. That's why they don't designate it as Power Boost.

Now as for adding Pro Power, that could be in the works. If you can get 5Kw out of a Prius, you can get something similar in the Mav.

FYI the powertrain in the hybrid is much closer to the Prius then the Power Boost F150.
It was sarcasm, sorry for the confusion.
By Power Boost I meant, a 2.0 or 2.3 EcoBoost Hybrid, AWD of course, like the F 150 Power Boost.
Hybrid tech is the most practical and doable way of propelling vehicles in the near future. This does not include fleet vehicles like mail trucks etc. These are vehicles that could adapt to all electric easier. We already have rolling blackouts in parts of the country due to weather conditions, to think we can in such a short period of time add a significant drain on an already taxed power grid is not realistic.
And, the White Elephant in the room......How are we supposed to dispose of all these failed batteries when their time is up?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RCollins

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This non-plug in Maverick Hybrid is as *#*@^* GREEN as I will get. The ONLY green I care about is what's in my wallet after pumping gas. I am not interested in raising my electric bill. And there is a guy in Virginia who did a you tube video comparing an identical trip in his Maverick Hybrid and his Tesla Model 3. He totaled up the cost of fuel for the Ford and the charging costs for the Tesla and it was within a few cents at $39 and change. And he didn't have to wait for the charging to complete three times, with the Ford.

Msjulie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting 'No' comments

We have a Tesla and neither range nor on-road charging time or availability has ever been an issue. Ford's realization that Tesla (for all of Elon's noise, ill manners and general dislikability) really did make the smart investment on the super charger network really could make a new Ford EV a much easier choice. An EV Maverick is a much more likely choice for us now vs the hybrid; not like we can get either one with the current backorder situation etc.

Granted I'm not in New England (anymore) nor any seriously cold place which right now does impact battery range so there is that but it still seems to be a real life game changer. Even stodgy GM is on board not that they are building anything we'd ever want. Massive earth crushing Hummer, thanks nope..

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. I’m not stopping to charge my vehicle. And what if there’s a power outage?

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No. I’m not stopping to charge my vehicle. And what if there’s a power outage?
In a power outage, the gas station pumps won't operate either.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting 'No' comments
It is interesting to see the responses that take the mere suggestion of an EV purchase as a personal affront. I imagine the same kind of folks 100 years ago saying "What?! Ride in that infernal contraption?! Hell no! My carriages will always be horse-drawn!"

EVs and their infrastructure are in relative infancy. We've been working on ICE vehicles and their infrastructure for over 100 years. It can't be expected that the two will be on equal footing for quite some time.

Would I buy an eMav now? No, but I don't scoff at the idea.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And some people have solar panels.

Neither one is currently a common thing to have though.
A couple of cans of extra gas isn’t common? Especially before hurricane season.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's going to take quite some time for what works (sorta) in populous California to work here in "flyover country". I love the technology and range of hybrids...and we do actually have a section of the local Smith's grocery store that has about 8 electric charging stations. Haven't ever seen anything charging there, however.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A couple of cans of extra gas isn’t common? Especially before hurricane season.
Believe it or not, much of the country doesn't have a hurricane season. :p

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Believe it or not, much of the country doesn't have a hurricane season. :p
But for those that do a few cans of gas or diesel is not uncommon. Good luck getting your solar panels to put out enough juice in a pinch to keep your ev on the road, running.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
It's going to take quite some time for what works (sorta) in populous California to work here in "flyover country". I love the technology and range of hybrids...and we do actually have a section of the local Smith's grocery store that has about 8 electric charging stations. Haven't ever seen anything charging there, however.
Works in California, you don’t have brown outs?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Works in California, you don’t have brown outs?
Not here in the "Energy Capital of the US".
Sponsored