Sponsored

Hybrid Owners/Orders, How many things are we just OVERLOOKING?

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You know, except for the massive recall on the 2.5L hybrid system shared across the Escape 20-23 and Maverick 22-23... I'm not saying other manufacturers don't run into hiccups, but to call it "rock solid" is just inviting trouble.
What, specifically, was the massive recall about?
Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have zero issues with my hybrid after 5,000 miles. It’s a great truck that I recommend.

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am waiting on my truck and wondering just how much we are ignoring about what seems to be several problems with a NEW truck. Some are installing new batteries to fix a deep sleep problem that dealers get off the hook for under warranty? Grabby brakes are still a problem, shifting problems from ICE to electric? I can't imagine getting a brand new vehicle and expect to be taking it to the dealer and them telling you they can't duplicate your problem and send you on your way? The Deep Sleep and low voltage and not starting are quite concerning along with grabby brakes. Does anyone know how prevalent these problems really are? If this hybrid stuff has been around for sooo long, why all the problems?
I have had my 2023 Maverick Hybrid XL for 5 months 7K miles, no problems love the truck have put on several mods. I have averaged 42 MPG over the entire 7K can't beat it on a pickup. I have carried several items in the bed, never had a need to move anything yet that wouldn't fit. So there were a few problems early on but for the most part they have been addressed. This is not a $50K truck, if you want state of the art, whiz-bang gadgets this is probable the wrong truck for you. This is a economy truck for reasonable price or at least that is why I bought mine.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No issues that give me any pause. The brakes were a little grabby at the start but either they've bedded in or I've adjusted to them. I don't give it a thought anymore. Haven't had any problems with mine. And in fact I just drove it today after it sat in the garage for two weeks while I was on vacation, and no "deep sleep" issues or anything else.

JokingJ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What, specifically, was the massive recall about?
Generic "engine failure" that can result in risk of (or actual) fires: "In the event of an engine failure, engine oil and fuel vapor may be released into the engine compartment and accumulate near ignition sources such as hot engine or exhaust components, possibly resulting in an engine compartment fire. "

Can't say I've really followed other than when it started affecting Mavs, as it resulted in a stop delivery for trucks that were built within the affected months. In any case, it impacted Escapes, Lincoln Corsairs, and then Mavs built with the 2.5L Hybrid. And it really wasn't to try and dunk on you or something, just not exactly "rock solid."

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...022-2023-ford-maverick-engine-failure-recall/

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...nd-escape-hybrids-recalled-for-engine-failure

Sponsored

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We've become a complaining/ negative society. Those few with a product issue can't wait to write a bad review; for each of them there are at least 50 happy owners that don't write a review at all. I'd like to know how many Mavericks have been sold, and how many of those have had serious issues. I'll bet the percentage is quite low, certainly much lower than it would have been with a comparable vehicle of 50 years ago.

As for my 2023 hybrid, 2400 miles after 1 month, and zero problems. 42.1 overall mpg, too.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2023 built in April 2023. I have nothing on your list, no recalls, and no warranty repairs to date.

Motortrend report:

Ford Maverick Hybrid Owners/Orders, How many things are we just OVERLOOKING? 1691004601608

Daemoss

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Generic "engine failure" that can result in risk of (or actual) fires: "In the event of an engine failure, engine oil and fuel vapor may be released into the engine compartment and accumulate near ignition sources such as hot engine or exhaust components, possibly resulting in an engine compartment fire. "

Can't say I've really followed other than when it started affecting Mavs, as it resulted in a stop delivery for trucks that were built within the affected months. In any case, it impacted Escapes, Lincoln Corsairs, and then Mavs built with the 2.5L Hybrid. And it really wasn't to try and dunk on you or something, just not exactly "rock solid."

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...022-2023-ford-maverick-engine-failure-recall/

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...nd-escape-hybrids-recalled-for-engine-failure
Ford recalled 125,000 vehicles because of 23 reports of smoke under the hood. That is an incidence rate of less than two one hundredths of one percent, with no accidents or actual injury reported, and they still voluntarily called for a massive recall of their product to try and mitigate any potential risk for their customers. This sounds more like good corporate stewardship than a massive quality issue.

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grabby brakes are Not a huge deal for me tbh, I'm use to sensitive brakes so my stops are smooth.
But I can see why it is annoying, it makes it harder to come to a smooth stop.
My Lexus CT doesn't do it, neither to any Toyota hybrids I've driven.

The brake curve isn't consistent with how much you press the pedal, you need to ease off near the end or it will abruptly stop.

Msjulie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 no current recalls, about 800 miles only but no grabby brakes here (rather surprised at how well they did the regen/friction brake management actually)

No sleep issues (yet?)

So far pleasantly surprised at the truck so far, first Ford in a LONG time and much better than that one was!

Sponsored

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've worked in Engineering at all the big 3 Ford,GM and what used to be Chrysler. I broke one of my cardinal rules buying the first year of production. Had the recall issues and the dealer handled them no complaints. 16 Months and 22k miles.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's see:
2022-As Toyota began to deliver the 2020 RAV4, it told dealers, on a pre-release basis, that the vehicles suffered from parasitic battery drain, and instructed the sellers to test a vehicle’s battery “no more than two days” prior to delivering the car to the buyer or lessee, according to the case. Toyota also instructed dealers to “disconnect the batteries from the Vehicles in storage if they were not driven for as little as one week.
2023-Toyota is recalling 16,680 2021 RAV4 Primes to fix a software bug that could cause the lithium-ion traction battery to discharge too much, shutting down the hybrid system in the process.
Today-Hyundai and Kia are recalling about 90,000 cars and SUVs in the United States and warning owners to park them outside and away from structures and other vehicles because they could catch fire.
2022- owners of nearly 500,000 Kia and Hyundai vehicles were, similarly, warned to park their vehicles away from structures because of a risk of fire. In that case, there was a problem with anti-lock brake control electronics.
2022-Hyundai and Kia also recalled over 250,000 vehicles in 2022, again warning drivers to park outside, because of the potential for fire from a trailer hitch wiring issue.
2021-recall, owners of 380,000 Kia vehicles were also warned to park outside because there was a risk of fire from electronic circuits under the hood.
2020-Kia recalled 295,000 vehicles because they could catch fire while driving because of fuel leaks. Hyundai also recalled 82,000 electric vehicles in in 2021 because a defect in the lithium-ion batteries could cause them to spontaneously start burning even when the vehicles were parked.

Does that mean Ford makes Toyotas, Kias and Hyundais? Some people in these hybrid threads seem to think Ford is terrible and will never buy them again. Don't know what they will end up buying since every other manufacturer has similar issues.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Knock on wood just rolled 3000 miles this week, took delivery April 1st.

No real complaints! Every once in a while the audio system freaks out or gets stuck and we have to turn off the truck to reset it.

I would ask the Engineers for next version:
-split rear seat (so you can lift one side not the whole thing)
-when i push the wiper stalk down for one quick wipe if I let go fast it pops up hard enough to go to intermittent (instead of off)
-change the left gauge to work just like the EV coach
-option to remember which drive mode was last used and start in that (instead of normal every time)

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I am waiting on my truck and wondering just how much we are ignoring about what seems to be several problems with a NEW truck. Some are installing new batteries to fix a deep sleep problem that dealers get off the hook for under warranty? Grabby brakes are still a problem, shifting problems from ICE to electric? I can't imagine getting a brand new vehicle and expect to be taking it to the dealer and them telling you they can't duplicate your problem and send you on your way? The Deep Sleep and low voltage and not starting are quite concerning along with grabby brakes. Does anyone know how prevalent these problems really are? If this hybrid stuff has been around for sooo long, why all the problems?
It's a mass produced item. Even hand made Bentley and Roll Royce's have problems. So I hope 🙏🏽 you have a good experience.

Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

It's a mass produced item. Even hand made Bentley and Roll Royce's have problems. So I hope 🙏🏽 you have a good experience.

Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸
I have had issues with both my trucks. But I am still loving my trucks.
Sponsored