Sponsored

How many here are waiting on a maverick, or just want one but haven't sat in one?

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought mine sight unseen. I had a pretty good idea based on online information. My Nissan Frontier Nismo was 17 years old It was dated, had more noises than I cared to count and rode like I was sledding on a piece of sheetrock so I could only go up from there lol. This was my first brand new vehicle and im almost 48. Always bought used. So far I love it.
Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve sat in them, but have not driven one. Like another poster, I have zero deposit and so I intend to drive my Tremor when it arrives (god willing) and make my decision then. My Volvo just keeps ticking along so while I want the Maverick I still have options. 🤞

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Never sat in one either, but coworker has offered to let drive his if I wanted. I'll let it remain a surprise until it comes in, if I'm not happy with it or can't find a comfortable position, I can always pass on it. But I'm sure it will be just fine.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The base price should have been the first clue that it's a cheap truck. LOL Loading a cheap truck up with options that bring it into the $35K range just means you have a fancy cheap truck. it won't last 1 day longer than the base model. I wanted a cheap truck, but more imprtantly I wanted a hybrid. I know what I'm getting and won't be disapointed.

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the added safety features as well as having seats that are almost stain resistant; but no one said that you have to get a Lariat; so LOL.
I only want the lariat because certain options can only be had on the lariat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know its a cheap truck. I didn't have enormous expectations. And to be fair I wouldn't describe it as a $hitbox or anything. In comparison to cheap cars from the 80's or 90's it has better fit and finish and trim for sure.

I reckon I am spoiled by what I have been driving the last few years. And probably real spoiled by what I am driving currently. I had been driving a 2017 fusion Sport for the last couple years, and although a Fusion isn't a high end car, the Sport version was a rare model and it was essentially a top level trim of the Fusion and was pretty damn nice inside and out. I sold it a few months ago in anticipation of buying a Maverick, and got my wife the vehicle she has been wanting.... A Toyota highlander... And have been driving the vehicle she had been driving, a 2019 Mazda CX9. Planned to drive the Mazda till I get a Maverick. The more time I spend with the Mazda, the more I learn to appreciate how nice the Mazda really is. Honestly, I don't think the interior of the Mazda would be any nicer if it had a Lexus or Mercedes emblem on the grill. The only option the Mazda doesn't have that I have grown used to in other vehicles is cooled seats, otherwise it is loaded to the max.

I have a friend who bought a new F150 Lariat back in 2017. I remember giving him a hard time cause he bought a truck that was close to 60 grand, and it had a bunch of " Fluff " like a giant sunroof and cooled seats and all the adaptive cruise and steering and so on. I had never had any of those features in a vehicle before and thought it was silly to spend so much on a truck to get that stuff. Well Fast forward a few years and I have ended up with a few vehicles with all that stuff in it, so I know how nice those things are. His truck is getting up there on miles now, and he had to leave it in the shop for over a month for cam phaser replacement, so he and I were talking about him maybe getting a new truck..... And he was like, Yeah I want a new truck, but to get one like the one he has now is going to be like 75 grand or more. And he doesn't want to spend that much. But at the same time he says, it doesn't want to " Downgrade " to a lesser trim, because he is used to and likes all the various options his current truck has. And I told him that I totally get it, I am in the same boat.

That is why I want the lariat over a XL or XLT. Because I want the bigger gauge cluster screen, I want the heated steering wheel, I want the better sound system, I want adaptive cruise, etc.... I am used to those things now.

For some of you guys, who have never had that stuff... It might be hard to see it from my perspective. Maybe it would be like going from having things almost every vehicle has now a days like power windows and locks and remote locking, and air conditioning... To a vehicle that has crank up windows and just a key to lock and unlock the doors.

But back to some of my observations, my biggest observation was how the Lariat was barely any different from the XL just sitting in both and checking them out. My buddy I mentioned before bought his F150 Lariat in 2017 and less than a year later I decided to sell my trusty Tundra ( I bought new in 2008 ) and get a F150 of my own, and I got a XLT. The XLT had a ton of features and options my tundra didn't have so it was a big upgrade for me.... But when I compared my XLT to my buddies Lariat, the Lariat was markedly nicer inside. Better seats, different dash, changes to the trim in the doors, upgraded console, So on and so forth. Even without knowing his truck had ton of tech mine didn't have, it was apparent when you got out of mine and sat in his that is was a nicer truck. I didn't get that vibe at all comparing the XL trim to the Lariat trim in the Maverick.

Anyway, its all good. I can see from many of the responses in this thread, that many of you will be coming from much older, more basic vehicles into a Maverick, and for you guys.... The Maverick will seem like a hell of a nice little truck. For me, it will still be a nice truck, but it won't be on the same level as my past two vehicles. I am ok with that as I want a hybrid vehicle and I think having the truck bed will be useful for me and my lifestyle so it is what it is. Maybe in a year or whenever the Ranger hybrid comes out, that will be something I will want. Maybe a F150 powerboost would be something I would be real happy with, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. It's no biggie.... I just wanted to let folks know that they might have more or less excitement for the maverick once they actually sit in one and check it out.

AltoBlueMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2013 2.0L Escape SE. Test driving the base XLT at my dealer felt exactly like my Escape. I do really enjoy how my car drives, and honestly the interior feels almost exactly the same too. Many many more features coming in my Lariat EB Mav (pretty well fully loaded) so it really is just an upgrade for me.

The car could easily keep going as it has relatively low mileage on it, but I'm in the position to buy my own custom new vehicle. Bonus that I get to sell the Escape before it has any major mechanical issues too so that'll help with the cost.
Sponsored