First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait until there are more vehicles out on the road. I have to think there will be nothing like word of mouth and people actually seeing something new to fan the flame. Then, when more people start hearing about the 40mpg hybrid... heck, I think I oughta buy Ford stock!
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a good question. I'd like to make sure I actually ORDERED one instead of just reserved one.
There's a ton of posts on the forum about the difference between reserving and ordering.

But the easiest way to figure it out would be to call your dealer.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a ton of posts on the forum about the difference between reserving and ordering.

But the easiest way to figure it out would be to call your dealer.
I did get the order email back from ford. Just making sure there isn't more to it than that.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before they actually took orders, they took reservations. I believe it was to generate some idea how much actual interest there was. I also believe it might have served to actually generate some interest by getting some talk generated about it. Then at some point, you could actually turn that reservation into an order, with the specifics of your vehicle nailed down. My reservation was 6/09, and it was converted to order on 6/30. When they got leads from reservations, dealers contacted customers to say, come in and order your truck.
My dates are almost the same as yours, 6/18 Reservation, 6/30 ordered and my build date is 12/20

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did get the order email back from ford. Just making sure there isn't more to it than that.
As far as I know, the only thing more is making sure your price is locked in so that you don't end up with "Additional Dealer Markup" at the end of the day.

There are several threads on this in this forum, including this one:

I definitely don't like to read this. (dealer markup by Bronco dealer) | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford is communicating with the dealers, but the dealers aren't paying attention. Cars sales people live from sell, to sell. They don't worry about something that's not on the lot, because that just doesn't make them a commission. I've seen the same thing happening with the Bronco. Dealers like @Granger Ford, and @Dealerinsider understand the opportunity for profits, and are looking forward. There will be many other dealers that will wish they had paid attention.
Correct. Most car salesmen could care less about the cars. They might as well be selling vacuums. Very few are car nuts that read up on new models

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 Ford Maverick Reaches 100,000 Reservations and Receives a Big Accessory List. Ford announces 100,000 reservations for its Ford Maverick pickup truck which is excellent news for the company.Sep 3, 2021

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Before they actually took orders, they took reservations. I believe it was to generate some idea how much actual interest there was. I also believe it might have served to actually generate some interest by getting some talk generated about it. Then at some point, you could actually turn that reservation into an order, with the specifics of your vehicle nailed down. My reservation was 6/09, and it was converted to order on 6/30. When they got leads from reservations, dealers contacted customers to say, come in and order your truck.
I see. I thought reservations were the same as an order. Kind of like the "reservations" on the Elio 3 wheeler that people put deposits on and waited literally years to be built before Elio crashed and burned? :p

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I was about to until I went down to the dealer and sat in a bronco sport...felt a bit narrow, and now I wanna wait for some maverick stock to sit in first, I hope they get demos soon??
I sat in one ā€”donā€™t worry about it ā€”thereā€™s plenty of room I could be driving and someone 6 feet could be behind me. Iā€™m 6 foot 5ā€ deceptive size from the outside.
Sponsored