Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Hi there. This braking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I had the same problem with mine and the tech had issues recreating it. He couldn't find anything wrong with it in his end. Most likely software related
Sponsored

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have experienced this as well, Few occasions. Seems hard to repeat when showing someone though. Best I've gotten is completely stopping and rolling forward (no auto hold) and then trying to come to a complete stop again seems to be the only way i can get it to do it at this point.

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm taking it in at the end of the month. If anything comes of it I'll let all of you know.

The Ford Contact for the forum is on it as well
My experience is that ford contact will get you nothing, the dealer service department will claim they never heard of the problem, everything checks out fine. There are better ways to waste your time.
Thanks Ford

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this issue early on, but it hasn't occurred once since I got the "surge fix" reprogramming. (I've got about 3k miles on the truck now.)

It's possible that I have subconsciously modified my braking method in some way to avoid it, but as far as I know I haven't changed anything.
What’s surge fix reprogramming, behavior modification?
Randaddio

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What’s surge fix reprogramming, behavior modification?
Randaddio
It’s a software update that fixes the idle surge and fuel dump during idles with the heater on. This affects hybrids only and service depts have a software update for it. It reprograms several modules and also fixes the ambient temp sensor and auto HVAC issue.

Sponsored

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a software update that fixes the idle surge and fuel dump during idles with the heater on. This affects hybrids only and service depts have a software update for it. It reprograms several modules and also fixes the ambient temp sensor and auto HVAC issue.
How did you find out about this fix?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you find out about this fix?
Search the forum for "surge," then check the found posts that talk about idle problems. There are quite a few.

Randaddio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search the forum for "surge," then check the found posts that talk about idle problems. There are quite a few.
I don’t understand, I know there are plenty of complaints about this issue, I’m one of them, but where did the information that there is a fix come from? This is the first I’ve heard of it. The Ford rep that shadows this space was no help, nor were 2 separate dealer service departments, not to mention any communication from Ford. How did you find out about this? And what does one ask for from a Ford dealer?
Randaddio

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I don’t understand, I know there are plenty of complaints about this issue, I’m one of them, but where did the information that there is a fix come from? This is the first I’ve heard of it. The Ford rep that shadows this space was no help, nor were 2 separate dealer service departments, not to mention any communication from Ford. How did you find out about this? And what does one ask for from a Ford dealer?
Randaddio
I along with many others have the same problem and the surge fix is not the answer to the intermittent brake issue. I haven't used the heater on the truck since it was delivered to me. Another secret that Ford will answer to down the road like all the latest boondoggles hitting the press over the last two years. It takes an accident, fire, bodily injury or death to force them to fix any of their vehicles. Stockholders are taking notes.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t understand, I know there are plenty of complaints about this issue, I’m one of them, but where did the information that there is a fix come from? This is the first I’ve heard of it.
Sorry, but you're going to have to read through the posts regarding the fix for the surge issue to get the information you want. (There was a Technical Service Bulletin on the surge issue.)

Briefly, some folks who have had the "surge" fix say that they think the multiple module updates in that fix improved the brake-grabbing issue. Some say it didn't help.

Sponsored

Mitchell Lorens

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick's hard break and thud concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?
Has there been a status update on a software patch that will fix the clock time from not working properly?
Sorry I'm piggybacking on this message but I have same issue and here is my vin: 3FTTW8E35NRA42815 Future Ford Roseville, Ca. and it'll be interesting to see who else is having this issue

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Sorry, but you're going to have to read through the posts regarding the fix for the surge issue to get the information you want. (There was a Technical Service Bulletin on the surge issue.)

Briefly, some folks who have had the "surge" fix say that they think the multiple module updates in that fix improved the brake-grabbing issue. Some say it didn't help.
That's precisely the problem with Ford. The Engineers are only sharing information with Management and Lawyers and not Technicians. Someone is running interference and not allowing technical information to the masses until a TSB is issued. We interface with the Service Department, not the Engineering Department.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Randaddio
It was posted here that there was a fix in April. I replied with a summary of my experience too. I’ll try to find and send the thread to you