Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"My UNEDUCATED dealer said".....

Almost as good as the person who said if you don't have a vin# by now you'll be a MY23.....
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you do not have a vin# yet. Then you will be a my23.
I doubt you will be saying this on Thursday, when people with hybrid orders receive emails from Ford saying their Mavericks are being scheduled for production in January or February.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
How do you know this?
And I sincerely hope you are just inaccurately conjecturing.
I sold my car. I have been riding my damn bike. I have no VIN/build date or anything. But certainly anxiously waiting. It's been stressful for me. When the Ford salesperson that I ordered from said it would be 1-3 months for delivery, I believed him.
Now I've sold my car, in preparation for new car. Only to be a sad little person walking and riding my bike out here. I mean, whatinthehaaail, Ford?
Correct it is pure conjecture and is contrary to everything else we've been told so far.

Unless something official changes from Ford, If you got a confirmation email then you're MY22

That said, my dealer warned me when I ordered that there's a good chance my car becomes a MY23. My dealer has no secret information that makes this true, he's going off experience and what has happened in the past. I expect a '22 Maverick and hope to get it around March but it is definitely possible this won't happen.

I'd imagine your salesperson had good intentions and didn't expect a significant delay when EBs were making their way out. Who knows.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
I sure hope not, but this rumor has been running around for a couple weeks now. I think people are getting confused about the Nov 15th cut off..

Bigcanoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Ford F150
Engine
Undecided
I looked on the website today and the Hybrid no longer says "limited availability". I reached out to my dealer and he said you can order them again, but they wont be built until January/February. Anyone else confirm this?

Sponsored

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
I hope that my build week doesn't change again. It's changed twice since my build date was originally released. I have and have had my Vin number. Currently, my build week is December 13th. Ordered a hybrid on June 18th. When I track the truck, all it says currently is order confirmed. My last email from Ford said build week next week.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked on the website today and the Hybrid no longer says "limited availability". I reached out to my dealer and he said you can order them again, but they wont be built until January/February. Anyone else confirm this?
January/February of 2023? Many of us who ordered in June have not yet been scheduled and are crossing our fingers to get an announcement for January builds. I'd guess that is wishful thinking, at best.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
These dealerships keep giving out false info.
You’re right; they are!

I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service, and they said there are no “additional” delays. That is, they were delayed waiting on the OKTB, but there are no other current delays on engines. They said they’re ramping up production on the hybrids now to January (which we all knew), and said May delivery date provided by some dealers is likely “just a wild guess.”

She said build emails are sent about 30 days prior to actual build; two weeks to build; and about 20 days for delivery. This also means that, if you haven’t received a build email, like me, we shouldn’t expect our trucks anytime before late-February.

Anyway, no support for this extended hybrid engine delay. Just more rumors.

This time next year, all of us with orders should already have quite a few miles on our Mavs, and we’ll be using this blog to show off our rides - and complain about whatever we can find to complain about with our Mavs… and talking about the 2023 AWD Mavs that I am still convinced with no evidence will happen. 😂🤣😂

OP
OP

Esjay

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
When you say tow package, do you mean the 4k tow package? If so that may have caused the issue with your order. Weren't they giving automatic upgrades free of charge to Ecoboost for these types of order? I could be mis-remembering though.
I meant the $100 tow hitch.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so do the people on this thread!
You would expect a higher level of accuracy from a dealer than a bunch of random people on a chat forum. Our information is based on dealers miss-information and miss-understandings. Just makes for a shit storm ⛈. It would be better if the entire process was simplified for the consumer.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure Tim will clear all this up on tonight's video!

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would expect a higher level of accuracy from a dealer than a bunch of random people on a chat forum. Our information is based on dealers miss-information and miss-understandings. Just makes for a shit storm ⛈. It would be better if the entire process was simplified for the consumer.
Yep. Sure is funny how a lie can make it around the world before the truth can get his shoes on.

sophiam

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my Ford dealer salesman (who we ordered our Maverick from) about the status of our order.

Here is the specifics about our order:
Area 51 hybrid XL with spray in bedliner, full size spare and towing package.
Order confirmed by Ford on 9/2/21

Here was his email response:
" It looks like Ford put all Hybrid engines were put on hold. They are telling us 6 months to a year now on Hybrid engine Mavericks. "

Has anyone out there verified this information? Not sure my current car will last another year.
Thanks
Sponsored