PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well is back to the drawing board for me. Each measure I've taken was to eliminate the cause. I now know it's not the ford pass, aawireless dongle, battery, or the powered sub. The search continues.
I have done all the upgrades, cables, even a new battery (OEM) from dealer. My service dealership has been great, but they have done everything Ford has out for this issue. Today I am starting my log of voltage changes. I am leaning towards new non-OEM battery.
Sponsored

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. It's reverted back to no interior lights about a month ago. I've given up on doing anything else on my end. I figure the next step is to have the dealer figure it out with the CSP that was released a few months ago in addition to getting the air bag and whatever else recalls I can't think of at the moment.
Not good. It has not left me stranded, but the only issue/recall left to do is the fire recall with no fix until 4th qtr. It's annoying working nights and no interior lights.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have done all the upgrades, cables, even a new battery (OEM) from dealer. My service dealership has been great, but they have done everything Ford has out for this issue. Today I am starting my log of voltage changes. I am leaning towards new non-OEM battery.
Well that doesn't give me much hope if you've done all the tsb and csp with no resolution. Toyota can't jump into the compact truck segment fast enough. I'm hoping they do by the time I pay off this truck in 2025

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP here, mine is approaching 5 months since (non-Motorcraft) battery replacement and remains problem free.

It's important to remember that this may not be THE FIX for all, but it fixed my truck's issue...

Have you checked your battery voltage since the change? I just started checking mine (replaced OEM). Both under good and on the battery are the same. 11.8 when everything is off and 14+ by just placing it in the "accessory" mode.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked your battery voltage since the change? I just started checking mine (replaced OEM). Both under good and on the battery are the same. 11.8 when everything is off and 14+ by just placing it in the "accessory" mode.

Sponsored

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I'm an idiot. I read that and I did not realized it was you. My apologies. Mine is 11.8 at rest. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well is back to the drawing board for me. Each measure I've taken was to eliminate the cause. I now know it's not the ford pass, aawireless dongle, battery, or the powered sub. The search continues.
Took the truck camping over the weekend. 165 miles round trip, and it did nothing to get rid of the deep sleep, no interior lights. That's a first for me. Usually these long trips will at least get the truck working normally for a few days before the annoyances return.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the message about turning off remote services to conserve battery for the first time yesterday afternoon, and have some thoughts on why or believe I know why.

She'd been parked since mid-late afternoon Friday, except for a VERY short drive, basically to the corner on Saturday afternoon. We're talking 1/4 mile or less, where I'd usually walk up for the steps, but was in a rush and needed a quick item for a barbecue with my mother-in-law over. - Probably short enough that it really didn't get to charge the 12v battery, and most likely not much of the HVB, as it almost entirely electric.

1) Earlier Saturday, I'd been handling all the yard work, with a good 30 minutes near the truck with the key in my pocket, probably keeping the communications with the remote going. Then working on my wife's Crosstrek, performing a four wheel brake job, with her Crosstrek parked right in front of the Maverick, again most likely keeping the communications active between them. (Another good 90 minutes)

2) Took that VERY short two-way drive to the store, not enough to charge anything.

3) Sunday, spent probably a good 3-4 hours in the driveway washing both vehicle, dried them with the EGO Blower, then detailed both vehicles, applying a nice coat of ceramic wax to both vehicles. - Again, with the key in my pocket.

Went inside, grabbed a cold drink, and sat down to cool off a bit. Pulled out the phone half an hour later, and noticed the truck had sent the alert about turning off remote services to conserve the battery about 45 minutes earlier. Went back out, hopped in and drove around for 5-6 minutes, parked back in the driveway and went inside. Was able to see oil life, tire pressure, etc, so services were back on, and it was fine yet when I left for work this morning.

Given the rather small OEM battery with a low capacity/reserve, could those regularly experiencing the deep-sleep and/or messages about remote services being turned off, simply have the remote within communications range of the truck for prolonged periods of time? - Just a thought, which I'm sure has been mentioned before, the issue is the link to the smart-key causing the issue. Anyone know what the transmit or communications range of the key is?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I drive 30-45 minutes every morning and 30-45 minutes every evening.

This is 'barely' keeping the 12v system alive. It's 11.8 to 12.2 volts most mornings.

The OBDII data port actually reports the 12v system as "60% charged" most days.

Then to get to Vacation destination I drove 58 hours of key on time within 5 days. Low and behold the system read 99% charged on the 5th day.

Something is not quite right with the low voltage charging system.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drive 30-45 minutes every morning and 30-45 minutes every evening.

This is 'barely' keeping the 12v system alive. It's 11.8 to 12.2 volts most mornings.

The OBDII data port actually reports the 12v system as "60% charged" most days.

Then to get to Vacation destination I drove 58 hours of key on time within 5 days. Low and behold the system read 99% charged on the 5th day.

Something is not quite right with the low voltage charging system.
Any way to test the output voltage of the high-voltage to low-voltage converter located under the hood, followed by verifying the same voltage is getting to the terminals of the battery? Doing this while in run mode.

Sponsored

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 12v has died randomly on me 5 times overnight while locked. First few times I thought I was leaving something on.

Guess Ford still having problems
Did you ever find the cause of your dead batteries?

My 2023 hybrid has been at the dealership 5 times for dead 12v batteries. They cannot find the cause of it because the issue is intermittent. Sometimes it can sit for days without dying, or times it dies within 12hrs of being parked.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a thought, could how fast the power-off drain occurs be related to how the truck is locked? - Pressing 'Lock' on the door before closing, touching the handle, or using the remote. My suspicion is that different locking methods affect how long the electronics remain powered on, and the factory battery doesn't have much of a reserve capacity.

I've sort of noticed something or think I have, and don't want to contaminate the results with what I've possibly seen, but how do you lock your truck, and are you getting the deep-sleep or battery conservation messages in Ford Pass?

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a thought, could how fast the power-off drain occurs be related to how the truck is locked? - Pressing 'Lock' on the door before closing, touching the handle, or using the remote. My suspicion is that different locking methods affect how long the electronics remain powered on, and the factory battery doesn't have much of a reserve capacity.

I've sort of noticed something or think I have, and don't want to contaminate the results with what I've possibly seen, but how do you lock your truck, and are you getting the deep-sleep or battery conservation messages in Ford Pass?
I always exit my truck by coming to a stop, turning the key off (it automatically shifts to park when turning the key off), then locking the doors via the key fob.

I get frequent deep sleep mode messages (multiple times a week) after being parked for 12hrs or less. I have also had somewhere between 5-10 dead batteries which required a jump start. My truck is ~8mo old.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ALWAYS lock the truck. Both at home and away. 99.8% of the time (so like twice ever not) I lock with the remote key fob. If I'm in a quiet location and I can hear the doors "click" one press and that's it. If in a noisy location (10%) I press twice to get the horn honk confirmation.

I have 11.8 to 12.2 volts every morning after sitting 12 to 15 hours from the previous drive.

GhostMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ALWAYS lock the truck. Both at home and away. 99.8% of the time (so like twice ever not) I lock with the remote key fob. If I'm in a quiet location and I can hear the doors "click" one press and that's it. If in a noisy location (10%) I press twice to get the horn honk confirmation.

I have 11.8 to 12.2 volts every morning after sitting 12 to 15 hours from the previous drive.
Any updates? Have you had to jump it yet? I've only gotten the deep sleep message twice - both within a week - and the second time it was completely dead. Seems like I had a lot less warning time than others.
Sponsored