2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I haven't read stuff that isn't true about coding, only proceed with caution. Coding is very common among German car enthusiasts - so I'm familiar - and you can really, really screw things up with those systems like DAS (Benz). I don't really know that much about ForScan.

All I was saying is that - for a lot of people - the very idea of that sort of fight is just too much. But I agree, it's all quite unlikely.
I get it, my BMW has many coded items that aren't offered here in the US, but I never heard of a dealership saying that since you coded items, it caused your engine to blow up or your transmission to slip.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has direct evidence of Ford denying a warranty claim on a vehicle with an unrelated FORScan tweak, go ahead and post it. Otherwise, all of this fear, uncertainty and doubt that's being spread isn't worth the electrons that were used to post it.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
can the turn signal indicator sound be turned down? when on a phone call people complain about the loud turn signal
Tell them to quit calling while you’re driving.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If anyone has direct evidence of Ford denying a warranty claim on a vehicle with an unrelated FORScan tweak, go ahead and post it. Otherwise, all of this fear, uncertainty and doubt that's being spread isn't worth the electrons that were used to post it.
There isn't any....

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Well this thread went awry.

Sponsored

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone mentioned that the drivers window only has Auto-down and no Auto-Up (or vice versa), is this a setting forScan can fix, adding the missing Auto-up/down?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This guy gets it. I'm not saying use of forscan will cause blanket invalidation of your warranty, but you really should read the fine print. There is plenty of wiggle room and they are experts at wiggling out of stuff. It's literally part of the business like it or not.

And sure, you can hire a lawyer but it might end up costing you more in the long run. Just be careful what you access/change.

The attitude I am trying to change is the one that thinks you can change anything you want and will still get full warranty coverage. There are risks.
Well said!
The point I was trying to make is do I spend $1,400 for a lawyer or $300 for labor and be done with it. I'm not in this situation but something as simple as LED switchbacks COULD turn bad.

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone mentioned that the drivers window only has Auto-down and no Auto-Up (or vice versa), is this a setting forScan can fix, adding the missing Auto-up/down?
No. You’d need all new switches and regulators. The Lariats have position sensors that other trims don’t.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. You’d need all new switches and regulators. The Lariats have position sensors that other trims don’t.
Man, they really cheaped out in some areas of the truck, my 12 year old nissan versa has auto down and up.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious about this as well.

As an example, I'm comparing a lot of the features that are advertised on the upper model Escapes and am wondering these can be activated in my Lariat Lux.

Things like:

Also, I posted about this before, but I'm still interested in the Phone as a Key tech and would like to know if this can be done with the Maverick. Ford's marketing said, " Coming first to the Mustang Mach-E and then rolling out to future 2021 models." It sounds like if it was well recieved, it would have been a feature that they could have activated.
Phone-as-a-key is available as a dealer activated feature on the Lincoln Corsair, according to the Corsair brochure. Since they are the same platform, it should be able to be activated by Forscan.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, they really cheaped out in some areas of the truck, my 12 year old nissan versa has auto down and up.
This is why the Price is so low.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For Forscan mods like the Global window and Driving Modes activated, since its all software, can't you go back into Forscan and turn it back off so it looks like stock before going to the dealer or is there something in there that Ford can detect that it was messed with?

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roll up windows would have been cool!
Especially if the had those old vent triangle looking windows that you could angle the air in 😊
Sponsored