Sponsored

Can FORSCAN Change Seatbelt Chime Delay?

MAVERICK OCD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello programmers,

I am ignorant to FORSCAN so please be easy on me.

I'm looking to change the seatbelt chime to go off at a higher speed. I want to be able to drive around slowly on my property without it going off but I want the chime to sound if I ever get on the road and forget to buckle up. Can FORSCAN do this? If so, Can I pay someone to do it or is FORSCAN something I need permanently hooked up to my car?

I live in the Fayetteville, NC Area if it's just a quick program and go type of thing.
Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored

Fiveflat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never looked into FORScan for this, on page 46 of your manual it tells you how to disable the chime.

And before someone says "You can disable it by putting your seatbelt on..." Well, I use my Maverick on my ranch and I'm in and out of it constantly. That chime is a nuisance.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never looked into FORScan for this, on page 46 of your manual it tells you how to disable the chime.

And before someone says "You can disable it by putting your seatbelt on..." Well, I use my Maverick on my ranch and I'm in and out of it constantly. That chime is a nuisance.
That's the exact reason I got a spare male seatbelt piece for my Dodge. Went to junkyard and found a seatbelt that had been cut in one. I just carry it around on my dash and click it in when I'm on the farm. In my old Chevy I'd just click the center seat belt into the driver's side. Must have gotten wise to that trick as my Dodge has a different shape for the center and driver's belts that won't interchange.

OP
OP
MAVERICK OCD

MAVERICK OCD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hey man, Thank you for replying to my post. I did the procedure on page 46. That will do. 👍
Sponsored