First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did a forum search and didn't find a thread that answered the question: "How is the visibility in the Maverick?". Any owners who can comment on this, I'd really appreciate it as I'm trying to decide whether I should stick with my 9+ (and counting) month wait or just give up and get a mid-trim SC. The SC gets donked a lot for rear visibility in particular, so that's one of the things I'm thinking about.

I'm curious if the A pillar blocks front visibility (also do you bonk your head on it getting in and out?). How is the rear visibility? And the rear quarter visibility? I'd love to answer myself, but test drives around here are simply impossible because Ford inexplicably doesn't have a frigging Maverick at every dealer. I guess they'd rather have them in our hands.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m 6’2” and feel like the visibility is incredible.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Visibility is great. I've not had any issues at all. Also 6'2".

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if the A pillar blocks front visibility (also do you bonk your head on it getting in and out?). How is the rear visibility? And the rear quarter visibility?
I have no complaints about visibility when driving my Maverick. The A-pillar doesn't obstruct and I find the mirrors give me good coverage (which is fortunate as my XL has manual mirrors).

I see you have a 2010 Ranger single cab... I imagine the view over your right shoulder is better than it will be in the Maverick because there's less cab. I drove my brother-in-law's extended cab Ranger (same generation as yours) and did not like the visibility at all.

The Maverick is 200" long which is a foot-and-a-half longer than our RAV4, but you're probably used to a long vehicle. I'm less likely to bonk my head getting in and out of the Maverick than the RAV4; I think the Ford designers got it just right.

The nice thing about driving a Santa Cruz is that when you're behind the wheel that's one less Santa Cruz you have to look at from the outside.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Front and side visibility are great. Rear visibility is a little cramped, but you get used to it quickly and with the side mirrors and backup camera you shouldn't have any issues

Sponsored

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not noticed any visibility issues....maybe a little backing up looking over bed but also have backup camera and mirrors to help out. Not a concern at all for me....

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with previous posts. @Bj517 is on target, the rear view is adequate but is cramped.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sides and back adequate to more than adequate. Have certainly driven vehicles with worse.

Only visibility issue have encountered (and expect will get used to it over time and compensate accordingly) is judging the front. Tendency is to pull into a parking slot and come to a stop with too much empty pavement left between the front of vehicle and the head end of the parking space.

OP
OP

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for all the answers folks. WannaMav's front comment reminds me of how much we love the 360 degree parking cameras on our Volvo. Once you've had 360 cameras, you never want to be without them. We're older and our spatial awareness isn't what it used to be.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a forum search and didn't find a thread that answered the question: "How is the visibility in the Maverick?". Any owners who can comment on this, I'd really appreciate it as I'm trying to decide whether I should stick with my 9+ (and counting) month wait or just give up and get a mid-trim SC. The SC gets donked a lot for rear visibility in particular, so that's one of the things I'm thinking about.

I'm curious if the A pillar blocks front visibility (also do you bonk your head on it getting in and out?). How is the rear visibility? And the rear quarter visibility? I'd love to answer myself, but test drives around here are simply impossible because Ford inexplicably doesn't have a frigging Maverick at every dealer. I guess they'd rather have them in our hands.

Thanks in advance.
I live in Asheville. Send me a direct message and we can get together so you can decide for yourself.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sides and back adequate to more than adequate. Have certainly driven vehicles with worse.

Only visibility issue have encountered (and expect will get used to it over time and compensate accordingly) is judging the front. Tendency is to pull into a parking slot and come to a stop with too much empty pavement left between the front of vehicle and the head end of the parking space.
Oh yeah good point. I still am not used to the length of the hood - I almost always overestimate and come up shorter than intended when parking. Front facing camera and/or front parking sensors would have been very nice.

I guess it's better than the alternative - underestimating the length of the nose and crashing into stuff all the time

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One other note. The visibility it is good, as soon as you remove the rear headrests and toss them in the underseat storage. They do get in the way but are easily removed and stored. I agree about judging the Front end. I could use a camera up front too! lol!

OP
OP

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tom Voelk just released a 1-week review (link below) that I just watched. He says the visibility is great, so that was reassuring. I kind of trust Tom's reviews. He's pretty down to earth.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 5'11" and I have bumped my head a few times. I might be an idiot. No. Am.
Anyway, visibility has otherwise been good. There is a touchy off ramp where I live that gives you microseconds to see existing traffic. I nearly hit, wait for it, the only other hybrid Mav I have seen in town so far, at that point, due to the pillar next to the driver seat. We talked at the next light. All good.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have any visibility issues at all, no I take that back. One time I saw a Santa Crud and it took eye drops to fix my vision after that. I'm ok now! 🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: