First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have had a couple of cold days in Texas recently and it made me wonder how those in colder climates feel the heater is in the Maverick? And warmer climates how is the A/C?

I ask this because I never really give the heater much thought but my current car a 2014 Nissan Rogue has probably one of the worst heaters I've ever had in a car. It just seems to take a long time ever really feel semi warm. It has been like this since I bought it new. A/C has always worked great. Anyway just curious if anyone had thoughts on the Maverick in this aspect
Sponsored

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my XLT this week. We‘ve had snow and cold here in Illinois, have not tested the A/C. The heater works well. It lets you set the cabin temp you want, and you can select floor, front vents, or defrost airflow. So far it’s been fine.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heater? I keep mine on "low." I mean, we averaged a balmy 11°F in January.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, I'm in Texas also and have the cold days. 20 outside I remote start and 10 minutes later go out, the cabin is comfortable and the windshield is about half defrosted. Turn on the wipers and it finished the frost. 2 miles down the road I had to turn off the heated seats and switch the Heat to auto, was getting to warm. No chance to try the A/C yet, but expect the same.

Ronin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The heater is more than adequate in freezing temps. We took a three hour highway trip in 0 degree weather and did not need the heater on the highest setting. The cabin is not that big so it heats up quick and does not lose much heat if the windows are up.

Sponsored

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was -5 here the other day. The 2.0 EB heats up plenty fast. The main vents get hot.. almost too hot. The feet and the defroster seem a little underwhelming somehow though.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have had a couple of cold days in Texas recently and it made me wonder how those in colder climates feel the heater is in the Maverick? And warmer climates how is the A/C?

I ask this because I never really give the heater much thought but my current car a 2014 Nissan Rogue has probably one of the worst heaters I've ever had in a car. It just seems to take a long time ever really feel semi warm. It has been like this since I bought it new. A/C has always worked great. Anyway just curious if anyone had thoughts on the Maverick in this aspect
The HVAC is different between the Hybrid and the EcoBoost so which one are you asking about?

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great heater in the XL hybrid. Ask me about the AC in July.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The HVAC is different between the Hybrid and the EcoBoost so which one are you asking about?
Didn't know they were different. I would be looking for a Hybrid

Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost 90 here today in Fl, A/C works great! Heater works just fine for our 2 days of winter 😂 .

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If you compare the size of a maverick cabin to the rogue, even if you were to have the same HVAC system (or equivelent) in the mav it would feel twice as good. Smaller cabin = faster climitization. The SUVs will be habbitually worse since their giant bums are connected to the cabins lol thats the scientifically acurate way to describe the difference i promise

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And if you cover the dash cubby it will work better. Less air space to heat or cool

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you have anything to offer or just the question? Please let me know how they are different
Sponsored