First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
I had it right after Christmas. Just like a head cold with loss of taste and smell. I am vaxxed and boosted as I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Cousin by marriage just died, same age (63), no pre-existing conditions, unvaccinated. I have no idea which strain he had. I assume mine was Ommicron.
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got over what I assume was the Omicron variant. Ran a pretty high fever Monday, then just cruddy cough/runny nose/blowing up the crapper for a few days. Probably at about 90% now. I had a qPCR test and it confirmed I had it but it did not specify if it was Omicron.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got over what I assume was the Omicron variant. Ran a pretty high fever Monday, then just cruddy cough/runny nose/blowing up the crapper for a few days. Probably at about 90% now. I had a qPCR test and it confirmed I had it but it did not specify if it was Omicron.
I don't think there is a test out there that can differentiate what variant you get. Perhaps someone knows if there is one. Can't find it on the CDC website or FDA

Baztek1

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Terrain SLT AWD
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
I have it now, it went through everyone in the house. We think my youngest brought it home from school. Im 55 so needless to say, it hit me the worst, but it's not any worse than a bad cold.

Hope you feel better soon!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think there is a test out there that can differentiate what variant you get. Perhaps someone knows if there is one. Can't find it on the CDC website or FDA
There is, this how we know how quickly it spreads.

Sponsored

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Came down with it Monday night., 1/24. Body aches were so bad I was dreaming that I had broken my back. 100 degree temp Tuesday and cough started. Last night was lots of coughing but temp is gone. I am J & J vaxxed from last spring. I'm sure I would be much worse if not. In laws are not vaxxed and got Covid twice REALLY bad.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came down with it Monday night., 1/24. Body aches were so bad I was dreaming that I had broken my back. 100 degree temp Tuesday and cough started. Last night was lots of coughing but temp is gone. I am J & J vaxxed from last spring. I'm sure I would be much worse if not. In laws are not vaxxed and got Covid twice REALLY bad.
I you feel better soon! 😌

akirk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Quad Cab, XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My daughter (16) just tested positive last night. She has a cough and congestion. So far rest of family has tested negative. I work as a caretaker in a school and was lucky enough to get some rapid test from work.

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The whole house had it here. One case almost turned into COVID/pneumonia but thank God for antibiotics. Can't imagine how worse we would have been without the vax.

Sponsored

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whole house had it here. Wife was unvaxed due to other health issues, the rest of us are double vaxed. Most of us had mild symptoms, my wife had it slightly worse, and one of the younger ones had it really rough for two weeks. Vax status was hit or miss with regard to the bad symptoms.

During the first 10 days (5 quarantined and 5 masked) my body was significantly affected by cold weather. Normally in 30F weather I'm in a sweatshirt but I was all bundled up with coat, gloves and hat. But I had no fever after the first 2 days.

After the quarantine and masking was done, my lungs are still weak. The cold weather affects me more quickly and exertion gets to me more quickly. Other than that no lingering symptoms.

Woody27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks
I had, just the sniffles, wife had it had a cough for a couple days with body aches. We were both boosted. Wife 90 year old parents both had it with about a week of mild cough and body aches. They were vaccinated buy not boosted. Several other family members got it at the same time (around the holidays. No one had any problems, some were vaccinated, few were boosted.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got over my third bout of it. First time, was very sick for a couple of weeks. Treated it with Vitamins C and D, Quecertin, and zinc. Second bout was similar to a common cold, symptoms only lasting a few days. This time, flu like symptoms for a couple of days, then took Ivermectin. Next day was as if I never had it. No Vax.

raospeedwagon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT-On order
You hang in there. Our son in law has had it along with several other friends. Ranged from asymptomatic to out of commission for three weeks.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems my eighth graders really wanted to bring me a gift back from their Easter Break (Catholic school teacher)…my allergies are brutal so I reckon I ignored it for a few days, until I turned the heater on driving home Thursday….I wear shorts every day of the year, my wife was surprised I knew where the heater was….and demanded I test.
Lousy cold symptoms here- hers seem a bit worse (yeah, she was positive 2 days later), thankful for all these shots (vaxxed and boosted 1x…not yet fifty).
Weird thing- if you need food in my small town and have Covid…you are gonna starve. I had thought they would have figured this out after 2 + years. I just went to Safeway in the nearest town.
Sponsored