Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a 2002 Honda Silverwing 15 years ago & when I did the math it was saving me $160 a year after reg, insurance & upkeep, that was when fuel was $2, but I decided my life was worth more than $160. I have a friend who rode them also, one day he was hit in a lane change, no injury, but he said to me, "you know what's worse than getting killed on your motorcycle", I said no, what's worse, " becoming a paraplegic because of your motorcycle" I sold it 6 days later, no more 2 wheelers.
I've been riding a bike for 45 years, I'm addicted.
Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first bike was a 1966 Yamaha YL!. 100cc twin.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well shit…no politics in my response? Well then I have zilch to say. 🤐🤐🤐

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first bike, my dad gave me his 1941 knuckhead Harley 74 in 1963 when I started high school. It had 4 speed shifter on left side of tank and foot clutch. Today my 41st bike is a Honda Rebel 1100 with 95hp and dual clutch automatic and gets about 50+mpg. I would rather die riding than die in front of the TV streaming some crappy Netflix show. If my number comes up, it was time.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first bike, my dad gave me his 1941 knuckhead Harley 74 in 1963 when I started high school. It had 4 speed shifter on left side of tank and foot clutch. Today my 41st bike is a Honda Rebel 1100 with 95hp and dual clutch automatic and gets about 50+mpg. I would rather die riding than die in front of the TV streaming some crappy Netflix show. If my number comes up, it was time.
Yup. Those were the days when we knew how to really live without all the fancy accompaniments our present society affords us. My first bike in the sixties, a Triumph I rebuilt, was not too polished but I loved it. I knew every detail on it. Now, if the "Check Engine" light goes on I open up the hood and say "Yes, still there". All the sensors and processors make it a big chore to get to know it.
I'm hoping my Maverick is pretty trouble free.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wait till they force touchscreen infotainment screens on to your bike, then everybody can die watching Netflix on their motorcycles!

One day thousands of years from now people will look back at our time, much like we do now about colonialism and wiping out small localized cultures with religions and diseases. They will say an easy way to turn people into idiots, too dumb to survive is to give them all handheld entertainment devices.

This message sent to you from my infernal tablet, while I should be working.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2.0 ecoboost . getting 23 around town and 31 highway . 2.5 times better than my ( sold ) f150 5.4 10 mpg city and 15 mpg highway . so I am very please with its mpg , performance and utility .
I am getting 24 to 26 with My 2021 ford F150hybrid. Have ordered the wife the Mavrick Hybrid waiting for a build date.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait till they force touchscreen infotainment screens on to your bike, then everybody can die watching Netflix on their motorcycles!

One day thousands of years from now people will look back at our time, much like we do now about colonialism and wiping out small localized cultures with religions and diseases. They will say an easy way to turn people into idiots, too dumb to survive is to give them all handheld entertainment devices.

This message sent to you from my infernal tablet, while I should be working.
I have had an infotainment system on my Harleys for the last 12 years.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Local general store in our small town sells gas. Tuesday gas was $4.74. Wednesday, $5.09. I only recall one other jump like that and that is the morning we woke up to hear Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Gas that morning jumped 75 cents a gallon overnight. That was a shocker when I pulled up to the pumps that day. :ROFLMAO:

This bubble will burst eventually when the futures traders start getting market jitters. Always happens, the only question is how high will it go until then. Maybe when we all hear officially what we already know personally, that we are in a recession.

Sponsored

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$200 to fill my F150. It gets me about 700 miles, but that only lasts a week. Going on a year since my order. WTF, Ford?

mike1964

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xl AWD 4k tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With the fast rise of the price of gas I'm extremely happy I got the hybrid Maverick.
I got mine in December and I've gotten
37 mpg on every tank of gas!!!!
My brother bought a 2024 xlt hybrid getting 35 miles gallon was complaining about the mileage he was getting he’s only driven 350 miles.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Local general store in our small town sells gas. Tuesday gas was $4.74. Wednesday, $5.09. I only recall one other jump like that and that is the morning we woke up to hear Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Gas that morning jumped 75 cents a gallon overnight. That was a shocker when I pulled up to the pumps that day. :ROFLMAO:

This bubble will burst eventually when the futures traders start getting market jitters. Always happens, the only question is how high will it go until then. Maybe when we all hear officially what we already know personally, that we are in a recession.
Not singling you out on this zombie thread Butch you're not alone by any stretch but glad your sources were wrong about THE eminent recession, they've been warning/wailing of it for over 2 years now. Recessions are a part of normal business cycles so eventually they will get it right. Those same experts had similar predictions about fuel costs and that crude would never go under $100bbl, today despite a recent bump is $72-78bbl despite OPEC and the market's best efforts. Mad at self, got a fresh 5gal for the blower and gen today and it was $2.79, up 30c from last week, could have saved $1.50. Glad my Mav is sipping at just under 25mpg in this weather and hope it isn't too offended by the 2 gal old gas I dumped in the tank, it was treated with Sta-Bil though.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not singling you out on this zombie thread Butch you're not alone by any stretch but glad your sources were wrong about THE eminent recession, they've been warning/wailing of it for over 2 years now. Recessions are a part of normal business cycles so eventually they will get it right. Those same experts had similar predictions about fuel costs and that crude would never go under $100bbl, today despite a recent bump is $72-78bbl despite OPEC and the market's best efforts. Mad at self, got a fresh 5gal for the blower and gen today and it was $2.79, up 30c from last week, could have saved $1.50. Glad my Mav is sipping at just under 25mpg in this weather and hope it isn't too offended by the 2 gal old gas I dumped in the tank, it was treated with Sta-Bil though.
Hahahaha, yeah glad I was wrong on a few points. Maybe my predictions were tainted with a few too many Sam Adams Lagers. LOL.

Loving the mpg's on both my Mav and Cherokee. Both equipped with their versions of a 2.0T engine and both get over 30 on a trip and hover around 23 around town.

We are $2.19 here which is respectable.

I too cycle my emergency 10 gallons of gas through my vehicles but it is 93 octane ethanol free gas with Seafoam and never had an issue in years. Needs to be Ethanol free for all my 2 stroke stuff. I even have an old two stroke generator for my work shed I inherited from my Dad. See a similar one here.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A few years ago when gas went over $4 a gallon, I saw it as a blessing. The 20+ year old rolling piles of uninsured crap suddenly disappeared from the roads. The welfare rats driving them couldn't afford gas AND drugs, so they just stayed home.
Now, we are back to cheap gas, and the bald tire brigade is everywhere.
Sponsored