First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa, Honda GROM
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
My wife and I both had it, we got lucky and it was like having the flu for a month. Unfortunately, if you lose your sense of smell or taste it may never come back. It's been 8 months and my wife still can't smell. We can both taste but things that tasted great before now taste gross or just different. for example, water tastes like sugar water to my wife now and I can't taste Coke a Cola anymore which sucks because it was my fave drink.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It’s true. I’m still off work since 8/25. Spent 8 days in the hospital. Have $100,000 in medical bills and am still recovering. So I have both medical and financial issues still
I have patients who have not be able to go back to work for a year, they don't have the stamina they had before getting sick. Keep looking forward!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'Tis amazing that 94%+ of the people dying in hospitals from COVID are the ones not vaccinated. Unfortunately getting vaccinated has become political....lost a brother and sister last year...before vaccines were available. Yet people still shun vaccinations. So ignorant.

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other than ADM, not too bad.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
No need to be scared! Here are your survival percentages if you get Covid. This info. is straight from the CDC.

0-19 yrs of age = 99.997 % chance of survival!
20-49 yrs= 99.98%
50-69 yrs= 99.5%
70+ yrs = 94.7 %

Don't Worry!
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
Good news is when you get through this your immunity is stronger than getting the vaccine according the large study in Israel..

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'Tis amazing that 94%+ of the people dying in hospitals from COVID are the ones not vaccinated. Unfortunately getting vaccinated has become political....lost a brother and sister last year...before vaccines were available. Yet people still shun vaccinations. So ignorant.
That's terrible that your brother and sister lost their lives before they even had a chance.
I'm sorry for your loss, that's very sad :(

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not yet, I have both shots and the booster…..but I know it is going around close to me 🤞🏻

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had it 2 years ago, just before we ever heard the word covid. 34 days of absolute misery, choked for weeks until I blacked out or puked 103+ fever, couldn't maintain consciousness for more than a couple hours a day, slept 13 or 14 hours at a time, could hardly eat. I still have very little sense of smell, taste is a little better, but so much tastes like crap, diet cola now tastes like a combo of mr. clean & bleach, foods I used to like most many are unpalatable. My short term memory is extremely poor, I find myself second guessing many things I do to make sure I'm not screwing up, I lost half of my strength & flexibility, have begun selling off my old cars, as I can not longer work on them easily. All I can say is if you have not had it you do not want it. Got my booster 2 months ago now. At least in the last 2 years I haven't been sick since. If you are not vaxxed, man up & get the GD shots! I know enough people now who have passed from this that didn't believe in the shot, well now they are no longer able to believe in anything. I will stop before I rant.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To everyone here that have been sick and recovered or have lost friends and family, I'm glad and sad for you.

My household has remained Covid free. 2 of us are fully vaccinated and boostered, 2 refuse to get the vaccine. I have friends that had it with no issues, I have friends that ended up in the hospital on a ventilator. One ended up with a trach and his lungs collapsed. Several in between.

I had a trach for almost 8 years due to a car accident and had to have a resection surgery to get back to normal. I'm petrified of getting sick and ending up with a trach again.

Stay healthy and safe my Maverick family. I want to see all of us get our trucks and enjoy them.

Sponsored

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL: 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got hit with Covid early 2020, it was 6 weeks of hell. Felt like an elephant sat on my chest. That said, thew earliest version of a virus are the most severe, often killing or seriously weakening the host. As it mutates, it become less deadly and more transmittable ensuring its continued existence. the Omicron variant is at this point just an aggressive flu, I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope you feel better soon.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Omicron Dec 23. Figure got it a couple days before while getting ready for Christmas eve cookout. Tested positive at 10:00 pm and had to cancel. My 20 year old daughter and 14 year old son got it from me. Wife had covid a few months ago seems to be ok.

everyone is double vaccinated and boosted - Omicron doesn’t care. But symptoms mild, just a cold and symptoms resolving today so 3-4 days sick.

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lost a cousin early this year. Had several other family members end up in the hospital, but survived. I work in a 20 X 20 shop with one co-worker. He tested positive for covid anti-bodies but never had any symptoms. We were both sick with something back in February but it felt like I had a bad cold for a couple weeks. I have been tested for covid two times, negative both times.

gills65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it in December 2020 for 1 day. Fatigue and a little lower back soreness. The next day felt fine. Tested a few days later tested positive and hit the 2-week vacation lottery.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A friends wife refused to get vaccinated :cautious:
She's had covid for 4 weeks, and has finally decided it's time for an infusion of Monoclonal antibodies.
We're hopping she didn't wait to long to admit she was wrong :cry:

Same situation, except no Monoclonal antibodies for my brother in laws 2 sisters, 1 is doing ok, the other will be on oxygen for the rest of her life!
Sponsored