First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems my eighth graders really wanted to bring me a gift back from their Easter Break (Catholic school teacher)…my allergies are brutal so I reckon I ignored it for a few days, until I turned the heater on driving home Thursday….I wear shorts every day of the year, my wife was surprised I knew where the heater was….and demanded I test.
Lousy cold symptoms here- hers seem a bit worse (yeah, she was positive 2 days later), thankful for all these shots (vaxxed and boosted 1x…not yet fifty).
Weird thing- if you need food in my small town and have Covid…you are gonna starve. I had thought they would have figured this out after 2 + years. I just went to Safeway in the nearest town.
Speedy recovery 🙏!
Sponsored

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
So far it looks like a five day deal- making lots of soup so my wife doesn’t kill me for this 😂
Thank you.
I got it again (had it May 2020) 3 weeks ago, last 4-5 days just coughing & bad exhaustion. Vax'd w 1 booster, need to get the 2nd still. I was w friends at an orchid show & sale, in open greenhouses & outside w fresh air! Luckily it was local, we travel all thru FL and the south going to these shows & sales. One friend had just got her 2nd booster, she got it after escaping it all this time. 4 other friends also tested + I was worried my husband would get it from me, he was traveling to South America 7 days later, he never tested +. I will get 2nd booster when my schedule allows, I got super sick from the 1st booster & have bad asthma.

Hope you are well on the road to recovery TCK!

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got it again (had it May 2020) 3 weeks ago, last 4-5 days just coughing & bad exhaustion. Vax'd w 1 booster, need to get the 2nd still. I was w friends at an orchid show & sale, in open greenhouses & outside w fresh air! Luckily it was local, we travel all thru FL and the south going to these shows & sales. One friend had just got her 2nd booster, she got it after escaping it all this time. 4 other friends also tested + I was worried my husband would get it from me, he was traveling to South America 7 days later, he never tested +. I will get 2nd booster when my schedule allows, I got super sick from the 1st booster & have bad asthma.

Hope you are well on the road to recovery TCK!
Ugh- don’t like hearing about open air positives, glad you are all recovered! My allergies/asthma is one reason I didn’t test earlier, it always gives me that low grade cough when it is bugging me and had just kicked in this last weekend….Spring would suck if it wasn’t for how cool all these plants are 😂 I can only imagine that an Orchid show in Florida is mind-boggling.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My husband and I both had it in April 2021. Two totally different reactions: husband was down for the count, could barely eat and lost 20 pounds in two weeks. He either felt like he was freezing or burning the entire time. Some trouble breathing, but nothing needing hospitalization. Oxygen level never went below 94%. Still having weird body aches and tiredness. My case would be best summed up as "COVID-lite", and to be honest I've had worse allergy seasons. Haven't had the flu since 2013.

Sponsored

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turning 74 next month. As a retired pastor in Feb of 2020 I was serving a church with a k-8 school temporarily until they get their own pastor. A more than usual amount of students were going home sick. Because Covid was new on the horizon and was not being reported in our area we thought nasty flu bug going around. I got it. I was a different sick than anything I ever had before and lost my voice and felt bad but fought my way through it like I always try to do since only a slight fever. No doctoring. Took a month for the crud in my chest to finally go away. Appetite, etc was fine. A few months later came home from being at the church and wondered ... "do I have a fever?" Shrugged it off and next morning felt fine. Grandkids spent that night with us and when on the next morning I prepared pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I took one bite, and "yuck!" 2 weeks later went to CVS to get checked for Covid antibodies. Had them! So, at that time I realized I had it probably twice. About 3 months later I "may" have had it for one day again, but it was after my first Pfizer shot, so ... BTW, I am sure those Phizer's gave me diarrhea that lasted for a month after each one! Terrible!!!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More like, who hasn't had it ;)
Me. Never got it. Been exposed more than once,, quarantined twice because of it. Most likely immune as never even a sniffle in 2 1/2 years. I do take a daily multi-vitamin and a Vitamin D3 supplement so that may be a help.

Sponsored

track me

First Name
Soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, / CRV
My 100 year old mother had it early on in a nursing home. Did well in their care, just a slight fever for a few days. Got it a second time after one vaccination, did fine. I had it (63) no vaccination, mild temp for about 3 days, sore throat, extreme exhaustion and back pain. My son (15) no vaccination had it at the same time, he hardly had any symptoms. My wife vaccinated has never tested positive. I don't know if there is much that can be predicted about this, Everyone is different, and affected differently.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it 11/2020 - extreme fatigue, fever for 12 days - no medical attention needed, no respiratory issues.

Triple Moderna vaxxed in 2021

Tested positive again June 1. Fatigue, not as bad as before, no fever, tested negative after 7 days. But was still not feeling 100%. Brain fog, exhaustion.. went to doctor 6/16 - diagnosed with "post acute covid-19" AKA long covid.

Great. I feel mostly well, just more tired than normal and again the brain fog is no joke.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
brain fog is no joke.
I hate brain fog! Makes my brain feel like ... jello-jello-jello! You got nailed pretty good, didn't you! Get Rona, get past it, get Rona again, get past it mostly yet its residual's seem to be hanging around too long! So sorry!

Phil0110

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hudson Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM
My wife and I had Covid, it wasn't so bad as an illness but the consequences were terrible. Hair loss, shortness of breath, etc.

Southern92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, MME GTPE Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Covid really is a weird one. I've known people who died from it and some who didn't even know they had it. (And several who fall in between). I'm vaccinated & when I got it I felt like I had a lite cold.
Sponsored