Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Masked up for the worst of it and no one in my household got it. (Knocks on wood)
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Covid really is a weird one. I've known people who died from it and some who didn't even know they had it. (And several who fall in between). I'm vaccinated & when I got it I felt like I had a lite cold.
The vaccine does help minimize the strength of getting Covid.

ComatoseBadger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had it. The Hospital I work in didnt mandate us to get the vaccine so I opted out. I work in the ER and I was surprised it took 2.5 years to finally get it with all the exposure I have. For me it was like a bad cold for 3-4 days. Over all I can't complain much

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just had it in February. The first day or two were the worst of it, though I suspect the medication they have for it now may have actually helped making it as mild as it was.
I had a respiratory bug in January which was actually worse and lasted longer, and I suspect that broke me down enough to get it. I've been around coworkers who had either had it or been closely exposed to it and I never even had so much as a sniffle.
Otherwise, I don't tend to get sick, but this year has been brutal with both of those bugs hitting me back to back.

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

don't be scared dude. not more than a flu. I got it, i am not waxxed and I'm perfectly alive.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

don't be scared dude. not more than a flu. I got it, i am not waxxed and I'm perfectly alive.
When you have over a million people die from a "simple" virus people get scared.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
Yes; got it (15 mo. ago)most likely at a walkin blood draw site that was packed! Since I had all shots it was like a cold. I was very worried as I am over 70; but every thing was OK, and no long term effect (as near as I can tell). LOL!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
(this is not political, just a relation of the facts)

I had a close and much loved friend at work (young and strong) whose family was a bunch of COVID vaccine deniers. They subscribed to the whole government conspiracy thing. He and they were really bright people, by the way. All college educated, and he was a high-end software engineer at the top of his field.

My friend died a horrible death from Covid in two weeks. One week in intensive care, got a bit better, so they sent him home to make room. Two days later he relapsed. At the end he was struggling as they forcibly intubated him. Died from multiple organ failure a few days later. Two weeks start to finish. Left a grieving wife behind.

At the memorial his family was preaching about how it was an act of God, and their son was called home to Heaven. Never entered their minds, and I'm sure it still hasn't to this day, that they basically murdered their son and brother with their misguided stance on vaccines. My friend would still be alive today if he hadn't listened to the wrong people. The sad thing is that when he came home for two days, he told the team how horrible his first week had been and that he'd have given anything to have taken the vaccine.

I'm sure all the folks on here saying "it ain't nothing" mean well and believe what they say, and probably they were the lucky ones (the majority) who got it with minimal impact. But I saw what happens when you are the unlucky one.

I'm still angry to this day that my good friend is dead because he listened to the deniers.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A young man in our area absolutely forbid his wife and two daughters to get the shots. They all four got it and all spent time in the hospital. He died but the others survived. Poetic justice.

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I had a close and much loved friend at work (young and strong) whose family was a bunch of COVID vaccine deniers. They subscribed to the whole government conspiracy thing. He and they were really bright people, by the way. All college educated, and he was a high-end software engineer at the top of his field.

My friend died a horrible death from Covid in two weeks. One week in intensive care, got a bit better, so they sent him home to make room. Two days later he relapsed. At the end he was struggling as they forcibly intubated him. Died from multiple organ failure a few days later. Two weeks start to finish. Left a grieving wife behind.

At the memorial his family was preaching about how it was an act of God, and their son was called home to Heaven. Never entered their minds, and I'm sure it still hasn't to this day, that they basically murdered their son and brother with their misguided stance on vaccines. My friend would still be alive today if he hadn't listened to the wrong people. The sad thing is that when he came home for two days, he told the team how horrible his first week had been and that he'd have given anything to have taken the vaccine.

I'm sure all the folks on here saying "it ain't nothing" mean well and believe what they say, and probably they were the lucky ones (the majority) who got it with minimal impact. But I saw what happens when you are the unlucky one.

I'm still angry to this day that my good friend is dead because he listened to the deniers.

When I read the OP I didn't realize it was from Aug 2021. I'm so glad to see MaverickAngler was able to recover. Your story about your good friend was nearly identical to what happened to my friend Aug-Sept 2021. I thought it may have even been the same person until you said he was a software engineer. Sorry for your loss. Things weren't too bad until the virus mutated into the Delta variant. It was 10 times more contagious and much more lethal. His mother and father also died at the same time with Covid. The family has been devastated. I still struggle with how this could have happened. So frustrating to hear people still downplay it as a "little flu bug". You have to be careful what you buy in to nowadays. You can always find someone who agrees with you if you scour the web long enough. You can fabricate your own truth. Very dangerous times.

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
Had it a year ago - fully vaxxed and boosted - and it kicked my ass. My wife and I are convinced I would have ended up in the hospital had I not been vaxxed/boosted. I tested positive for 13 days. Biggest mistake I made was not getting a prescription for Paxlovid.

Hope you recover quickly.
Sponsored