First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy crap, the brakes in the hybrid are actually pretty smooth now, and the shudder is gone. I hope this is a permanent improvement, night and day difference my friends.
Sponsored

Gingerboss

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you talking about software updates done on the truck through WiFi, or updates that the dealer has to do?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy crap, the brakes in the hybrid are actually pretty smooth now, and the shudder is gone. I hope this is a permanent improvement, night and day difference my friends.
My 2023 delivered in August 2023 has had no brake issue and i was looking for it. I assume it has the latest software. So it sounds like software does really fix the issue. I was worried when i got mine the past August.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you talking about software updates done on the truck through WiFi, or updates that the dealer has to do?
The software updates are TSB updates and can only be done at a Ford Dealership.

Any of the TSB updates done have all modules updated to the latest versions and they fix a number of annoying issues for the 2022 Hybrid Maverick.

The WiFi update you mention is only for the Infotainment system.

There are a lot of posters here who complain about issues like "Grabby Brakes" or "Sudden Shudder" but refuse to take their Maverick in to the dealership to have the modules updated that fix these issues.

Hopefully the OP's message of:

Holy crap, the brakes in the hybrid are actually pretty smooth now, and the shudder is gone.
will get them and others to take advantage of the updates fixing their issues.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, local dealer came out and did the updates. The "tech" had no clue what the updates were for but the low speed braking is like a normal car now.
Test it out in the rain and let us know how it performs.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 delivered in August 2023 has had no brake issue and i was looking for it. I assume it has the latest software. So it sounds like software does really fix the issue. I was worried when i got mine the past August.
Same here. I got mine in later July and have zero issues with braking. I’m assuming these that the update is helping are older builds.

OP
OP
OneAlienBoi

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brake update? tell all.
If you ask your dealership to install the software modules pertaining to the grabby brakes and shudder, they should know what you're talking about. The braking experience is definitely more linear now. My maverick used to do this thing where you'd hit the brakes, and it wouldn't really come to a complete stop, you'd still be rolling forward a little bit. Then you'd hit the brakes a little harder, and it would jolt to a stop. That's basically gone now from what I can tell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OneAlienBoi

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updates the dealer has to do, but it only takes a few hours more or less.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked my Maverick up the middle of October and brakes seem fine. It was raining and at first stop leaving dealership I thought they grabbed. I think it was that I am not used to good brakes. My 07 Focus rear brakes are not that great. Parking brake barely holds. It took a little while to get used to a strong braking system.

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The software updates are TSB updates and can only be done at a Ford Dealership.

Any of the TSB updates done have all modules updated to the latest versions and they fix a number of annoying issues for the 2022 Hybrid Maverick.

The WiFi update you mention is only for the Infotainment system.

There are a lot of posters here who complain about issues like "Grabby Brakes" or "Sudden Shudder" but refuse to take their Maverick in to the dealership to have the modules updated that fix these issues.

Hopefully the OP's message of:

will get them and others to take advantage of the updates fixing their issues.
Do you know how to check what software version a Maverick is currently running? Or does that have to be checked by dealership as well?

azadv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these dealer updates covered under warranty or we are charged?
Sponsored