Sponsored

Forscan information gathering thread

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
Thanks for collecting this info for Maverick. One small change: cells B40:B65 should be Lariat not XLT.
Yeah, sorry, brain on autopilot and excel fill commands, mostly that was just for helping me figure out how to lay out the different package groups. Will fix now.

Unfortunately for me, it'll be a bit until I get my hands on the maverick i've ordered, but the good news is, that even without a truck, there's no reason resources can't be gathered. Obviously today there aren't many hybrid VINs available or actually configured modules on the ford site. Same goes for most of the Lariat VINs. Also, the hacking tools aren't built for the maverick modules, so they are looking and guessing on options and comparing them to F150s. The good thing is that you can compare 2 matching package VINs, agree that yes, they are the same, and then compare a base trim truck to a single option truck and log the changes. That *should* more easily highlight an option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this similar to coding stuff on a German car? I'm interested.

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
I noticed another issue in my sheet. I incorrectly assumed that in the Lariat trim that you could have the Lariat LUX package WITHOUT the Copilot 360. This is not possibly as you MUST have Copilot 360 to get the ACC with stop and go AND Lane Centering functionality. I removed those invalid config possibilities from the VIN collecting list, and reduced the number of needed unique package VINs from 56 down to 50.

I also added a tab showing what modules the ford ETIS data actually claims are installed on these trucks vs what possibilities there are. So far among the top level trims with every option maxed out (Lariat Lux, copilot 360, fx4, 4k tow, and power moon roof) there are only 7 total modules. But I could be wrong though.

ABS760
BCM726
IPC720
PCM7E0
PSCM730
RCM737
OCSM765

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Who names these vehicle interface programs??? Forscan...Vagcom...😂

• Haha
Reactions: yds

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks to all who are posting research info and links. They are extremely helpful.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see that Forscan 2.3.45 was released a couple of days ago, has anyone tried it yet? https://forscan.org/changes_history.html

I know some 2.3.45 beta versions were useful for programming XL cruise control.

jasperpants

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this. I can see you have an EB. Your profile says XLT and it looks like from the TRM module, you have to 4K tow package. Is this right? Any other major options besides the FX4 (required for tow package)?

It would be good to develop a table of what modules come with which options. This will server a few purposes.

First it will help us understand the build constraints better to know which modules (and therefore chips) come with which options.

Second, for anyone that wants to try and user upgrade their Mav to a higher option level will know which modules they need to purchase.

I'm thinking the table will look something like this.
Ford Maverick Forscan information gathering thread Mav Modules.PNG

If everyone can post a similar ForScan screenshot and their major options we can fill out the table.

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this. I can see you have an EB. Your profile says XLT and it looks like from the TRM module, you have to 4K tow package. Is this right? Any other major options besides the FX4 (required for tow package)?

It would be good to develop a table of what modules come with which options. This will server a few purposes.

First it will help us understand the build constraints better to know which modules (and therefore chips) come with which options.

Second, for anyone that wants to try and user upgrade their Mav to a higher option level will know which modules they need to purchase.

I'm thinking the table will look something like this.
Mav Modules.PNG

If everyone can post a similar ForScan screenshot and their major options we can fill out the table.
There is also an Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) on the XLT and Lariat trims. The ones on the Lariat trim have the Sync 3 and the ones when equipped on the XLT don't have Sync 3.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid