Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am still a week or two out from getting my truck, however if anyone is interested, I would like to gather a group of us to start figuring out what values belong to what in For scan for our truck. I think given how much DNA the Maverick shares with the Bronco sport, and escape, we can probably gather a lot of info from already existing info. Forscan is an awesome tool, and it would be nice to see what we can really unlock or do with it on our trucks! But its going to take a team of us to figure out that information, and get it out there.
Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
if my build ever materializes in the world, I would be interested in exploring this, but have no experience. The first place I would start is to ask for suggestions as to what scan tools are good for serious amateurs, without costing an arm and a leg?

OP
OP
Dogcmp6

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if my build ever materializes in the world, I would be interested in exploring this, but have no experience. The first place I would start is to ask for suggestions as to what scan tools are good for serious amateurs, without costing an arm and a leg?
Back in 2017 when I was using Forscan on a 2014 taurus, this is the adapter I was using. You just need OBDII to ELM327 adapter that will connect and send the PCM/ECU/BCU hex code to a PC.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I don’t have a laptop to bring to my vehicle. I would be restricted to a scan tool, or any software that could be implemented through an iPhone or iPad

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t have a laptop to bring to my vehicle. I would be restricted to a scan tool, or any software that could be implemented through an iPhone or iPad
Did you look at the forescan website? There's quite a bit of information there, including an iphone version.

Sponsored

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
And a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle that works with the iPhone

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
If i ever get my vehicles i will help.. Got the hook up and pc. Been using Forscan for awhile, nice little tool. Looking forward to what others find out while i wait..

kxtrain

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I used forscan on the f350 to change of bunch of stuff and have the adaptor. Count me in the group đź‘Ť

ScottSG62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Back in 2017 when I was using Forscan on a 2014 taurus, this is the adapter I was using. You just need OBDII to ELM327 adapter that will connect and send the PCM/ECU/BCU hex code to a PC.
Yeah. I have that one. Used it on my Mustang.

ScottSG62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Did you look at the forescan website? There's quite a bit of information there, including an iphone version.
There is an iPhone version, but I don't think you can make changes with it (or the android version).

Sponsored

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Id be interested, will be following for now as my hybrid is in imaginary land. I have used simular tuning tools before and would be interested to see what forskin can do

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
Right now is a great time to start this. VINs are readily available all over the internet on dealer stock sites, and you can also download all the window stickers you want. You don't even necessarily need a truck in hand to start gathering the information. You just need someone willing to test it at some point.

As more trucks get built and actually delivered to dealer lots, whether on a buyers order, retail order, or stock order, you can be more confident that the .ab files will be more complete.

I just wish I were smarter and knew what I was looking at when I check them in asbuiltexplorer or any of the other programs that brave user's have created and tested. It would be awesome to start from what people have done with the escape and bronco sport and work from there as many have said, a lot of the modules are the same.

EDIT: You can pull the .ab files from this link for any trucks with VINs. However, some show no module programming/as built information at this time, which I would assume means that these trucks are assigned VINs and are planned to be built, but nothing has been started yet. Some of the .ab files contain EVERY system, and some contain 1 or 2. This seems to make sense as some modules are already assigned to that truck and programmed, and others are not depending on when a VIN was issued and when they scheduled the truck for production.

In the past, Ford has used many of its existing modules across many vehicles. Example: If the mustang and fusion use the same module to control the windows rolling up and down, and the mustang owner can double click a keyfob button to roll down the windows, then by changing a bit or 2, the fusion owner can do the same.

Another great example is a 2017 F150 owner who upgraded his sync 3 firmware to 3.4, then using info from explorer owners, figured out there must be other start up graphics hidden in the software that can be enabled at a different bit location in the ford hex coding, and voila, he's got the actual ford bronco start up animation graphic on his 2017 F150....in 2019.

Last edited:

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's looking like we're going to need at LEAST 56 different valid VINs with fully populated .ab files to cover each model and config of the maverick as far as I can tell. This does not include first editions, and doesn't include variations that can have the power tilt/slide moon roof.

I tried to figure out the possible option combos by trim level, engine, and drive train type.
Ex. Trim, hybrid or ecoboost, then for ecoboost fwd or awd, and if awd what option combos. In the cases where it shows NA, that means no package is available for that trim level and engine combo.

At that point, someone much smarter than me should have a library of .ab files large enough to cover the configs, and when comparing build files within a similar trim while looking for a specific function, differences should be obvious.

For example: to find what is different on the FX4 to maybe enable fx4 modes on a non-fx4 truck, i'd maybe consider comparing an XL ecoboost awd, an XLT ecoboost awd, XLT ecoboost awd fx4, lariat ecoboost awd, and lariat ecoboost awd fx4 and see what matches up between the fx4s and the non-fx4s and go from there.

TRIMENGINEDRIVELUXCOPILOT4K TOWFX4
XL hybridXLHYBFWDNANNANA
XL hybrid W/ COPILOT 360XLHYBFWDNAYNANA
XL ECOBOOST FWDXLECOFWDNANNANA
XL ECOBOOST FWD W/ COPILOT 360XLECOFWDNAYNANA
XL ECOBOOST AWDXLECOAWDNANNN
XL ECOBOOST AWD W/ COPILOT 360XLECOAWDNAYNN
XL ECOBOOST AWD W/ 4K TOWXLECOAWDNANYN
XL ECOBOOST AWD W/ 4K TOW, COPILOT 360XLECOAWDNAYYN
XLT HYBRIDXLTHYBFWDNNNANA
XLT HYBRID W/ COPILOT 360XLTHYBFWDNYNANA
XLT HYBRID LUXXLTECOFWDYNNANA
XLT HYBRID LUX W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDYYNANA
XLT ECOBOOST FWDXLTECOFWDNNNANA
XLT ECOBOOST FWD W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDNYNANA
XLT ECOBOOST FWD LUXXLTECOFWDYNNANA
XLT ECOBOOST FWD LUX W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDYYNANA
XLT ECOBOOST AWDXLTECOAWDNNNN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUXXLTECOAWDYNNN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOAWDNYNN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD 4KXLTECOAWDNNYN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD FX4XLTECOAWDNNNY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360XLTECOAWDYYNN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 4KXLTECOAWDYNYN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX FX4XLTECOAWDYNNY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD 360 4KXLTECOAWDNYYN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD 360 FX4XLTECOAWDNYNY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD 4K FX4XLTECOAWDNNYY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 4KXLTECOAWDYYYN
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 FX4XLTECOAWDYYNY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 4K FX4XLTECOAWDYNYY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD 360 4K FX4XLTECOAWDNYYY
XLT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 4K FX4XLTECOAWDYYYY
LARIAT HYBRIDXLTHYBFWDNNNANA
LARIAT HYBRID W/ COPILOT 360XLTHYBFWDNYNANA
LARIAT HYBRID LUXXLTECOFWDYNNANA
LARIAT HYBRID LUX W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDYYNANA
LARIAT ECOBOOST FWDXLTECOFWDNNNANA
LARIAT ECOBOOST FWD W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDNYNANA
LARIAT ECOBOOST FWD LUXXLTECOFWDYNNANA
LARIAT ECOBOOST FWD LUX W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOFWDYYNANA
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWDXLTECOAWDNNNN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUXXLTECOAWDYNNN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD W/ COPILOT 360XLTECOAWDNYNN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD 4KXLTECOAWDNNYN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD FX4XLTECOAWDNNNY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360XLTECOAWDYYNN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 4KXLTECOAWDYNYN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX FX4XLTECOAWDYNNY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD 360 4KXLTECOAWDNYYN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD 360 FX4XLTECOAWDNYNY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD 4K FX4XLTECOAWDNNYY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 4KXLTECOAWDYYYN
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 FX4XLTECOAWDYYNY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 4K FX4XLTECOAWDYNYY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD 360 4K FX4XLTECOAWDNYYY
LARIAT ECOBOOST AWD LUX 360 4K FX4XLTECOAWDYYYY

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for collecting this info for Maverick. One small change: cells B40:B65 should be Lariat not XLT.
Sponsored