olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In no way shape of form will there ever be an Alexa or other similar listening device in my home.

I had one at work and it gives very strange answers to questions. Google it.

Do you have a smartphone?
Sponsored

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Voice commands are not less lazy than a key fob 🤣 I would much rather press a button on my phone/fob to start my car than use my vocal chords to tell a device to do something that it might mishear (or miss completely), and then I have to tell it to shutup so I can enunciate more of the words. I only use voice commands when I have misplaced whatever device does the thing I want.

Love my smart house, but it's still prone to me being annoyed at it haha. That said, I will ABSOLUTELY USE THIS to make sure my car is locked.

In a slightly related vein, if you rent a Ford car, the gas reading is uploaded to the rental car company at a delay, so if you fill up right before you return the car, double check they don't charge you for the incorrect reading from the cloud.
You get an acknowledgement that the command worked. Now try to imagine this:

You're upstairs getting your kid ready for school, running late. It's freezing outside, and you want too remote start your car, but the key fob is down stairs. Just tell Alexa to start the car.

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because I dislike the syntax of Alexa commands, I think I’ll just use my Apple Watch since it has basic controls easy to see. It’ll have the same lag as Alexa but since I’ll be using my watch, I’ll just remember to turn on/open doors when I put on the watch, since it’s a Hybrid, I’m not too concerned with the engine running/exhaust fumes but keep in mind if you’re in a garage obviously.

Also, I sometimes use my Siri Shortcuts so this was interesting, I’ll have to investigate if something like IFTTT has the capabilities to create routines, such as walking outside and doors unlock (with a sensor in my garage or something)

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Works with Google Assistant as well, though I am unsure which features. On a whim I asked Google "Tell FordPass to unlock my car" and it started walking me through setting permissions and the like.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So we've got Android auto, Apple carplay, Alexa assistant. I think it has multiple personality syndrome. All we need is Cortana.

Sponsored

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
You get an acknowledgement that the command worked. Now try to imagine this:

You're upstairs getting your kid ready for school, running late. It's freezing outside, and you want too remote start your car, but the key fob is down stairs. Just tell Alexa to start the car.
I'm absolutely an advocate for voice commands for exactly those reasons, but I'm just trying to say that it's not lazier than pushing a button. Making your own life easier should never be looked down on :)

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
I don't have FordPass connected to my Alexa (as I don't have a Ford yet), but depending on the types of integrations FordPass supports, you might be able to do it with Alexa routines, or if you're really intrepid you could set up HomeAssistant and do it that way (but it's way more prone to failure depending on lots of factors and I wouldn't personally trust it)

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Does anyone know if you can tell Alexa to have FordPass lock your car EVERY night at 8pm?
Doesn't matter now, your local thieves will just make sure to strike prior to 8pm.

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if you can tell Alexa to have FordPass lock your car EVERY night at 8pm?
i don’t have a Ford yet but I saw somewhere FordPass has scheduling features in the app

Sponsored

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape Titanium, 2014 F-150 Limited, Mustang+
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been asking Alexa to start my Escape from the shower for years now lol!

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“Alexa, ask fordpass to build my damn Maverick”

Nope, didn’t work!!!

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Well, hopefully you can trust your family! :) I'm not sure about using it without the PIN, I don't have a Ford yet. But I hope to have a Maverick come spring.
I am going to go up to your door and scream at the top of my lungs. "Alexa ask ford pass to unlock and start my car". Important PSA - never put an Alexa device near a door or window. Especially if you have something that can unlock doors. "The more you know...." *NBC PSA MUSIC PLAYS*
Sponsored