Sponsored

Voice commands worked - then didn't.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Hack
Joined
Jun 13, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
193
Reaction score
215
Location
Sandia Park, NM
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a big user of tech in my truck. I use navigation cos' it tells me when there's backups. I listen to Pandora from my phone. And I used to use voice control now and again for things like "Text Pat and tell her I'm stuck in traffic and will be late".

Then voice control quit working. (I might have changed some settings in my phone. I don't like leaving all the default permissions on.)

Now, when I press the microphone to talk it brings up Gemini, whatever the hell Gemini is. Is there any way ti get back to where I was before? (Like in paragraph 1.)
Sponsored

 

ZABSMAV

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
700
Reaction score
881
Location
Utah
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a big user of tech in my truck. I use navigation cos' it tells me when there's backups. I listen to Pandora from my phone. And I used to use voice control now and again for things like "Text Pat and tell her I'm stuck in traffic and will be late".

Then voice control quit working. (I might have changed some settings in my phone. I don't like leaving all the default permissions on.)

Now, when I press the microphone to talk it brings up Gemini, whatever the hell Gemini is. Is there any way ti get back to where I was before? (Like in paragraph 1.)
When Gemini comes up just tell it to "send a text to Pat". It will check and confirm "which" Pat (if you have more than one Pat in your contacts). Then Gemini will ask what you want to say in your message. Once you have said what you want in the message it will ask if you are ready to send it. Just say "yes" and the message is sent.
 

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
431
Reaction score
876
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can always Google the phrase "turn off gemini android phone" - if Gemini is coming up it's the phone and not the Maverick doing it.
 

FordPrefect

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
22
Reaction score
63
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may have nothing to do with your problem. I have an iPhone. If I click the voice button I'm connected to the Ford app. If I click and hold for a second I'm connected to Siri on my I phone. Could that be the issue?
 

TonyP19

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Oct 7, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
49
Reaction score
69
Location
Johns Creek, GA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A couple of weeks ago I lost Siri. I have to go to Phone, then Siri to use it. Before, I only had to speak, "Hey Siri" without oushing anything. I've tried everything on the internet. So far, no luck.
 

Sponsored

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
431
Reaction score
876
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my '26 Lariat (which has built-in navigation), I have to hold the voice button for ~2 seconds to activate the phone voice response, if I press for less than that the built-in voice response is what gets triggered.
 
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Hack
Joined
Jun 13, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
193
Reaction score
215
Location
Sandia Park, NM
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Problem solved! I found on Youtube how to do a soft reset of the infotainment system. Hold the volume button and the skip forward button (>>!) until the screen goes black. When the normal screen came back it was working again.
 

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
8,788
Reaction score
6,453
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
 







Top