First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I searched the forums for the word "Alexa" and only found one post that I myself made. In case you were not aware, FordPass works with Alexa. This will be awesome! So on those cold winter mornings when I'm getting ready to take my kid to school I can ask Alexa to start my car. Or if you can't remember if you locked your doors ask Alexa to lock them. There are a lot of other commands you can use too. See the link below for the full list.

Amazon.com: FordPass : Alexa Skills

Start Engine
“Alexa, ask FordPass to start my car with PIN 1234.”

Stop Engine
“Alexa, tell FordPass to stop the engine.”

Lock Vehicle
“Alexa, ask FordPass to lock my vehicle.”

Unlock Vehicle
“Alexa, tell FordPass to unlock my car.”

Last Command Status (used after lock/unlock and start/stop commands)
“Alexa, what is the status of my last command using FordPass?”

Vehicle Mileage
“Alexa, ask FordPass the odometer reading.”
Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I searched the forums for the word "Alexa" and only found one post that I myself made. In case you were not aware, FordPass works with Alexa. This will be awesome! So on those cold winter mornings when I'm getting ready to take my kid to school I can ask Alexa to start my car. Or if you can't remember if you locked your doors ask Alexa to lock them. There are a lot of other commands you can use too. See the link below for the full list.

Start Engine

Stop Engine

Lock Vehicle

Unlock Vehicle

Vehicle Mileage
Do you know if there's a way to do it without the PIN? I'm 100% sure I'm the only one using my Alexa or I can just use it on my phone. Plus what's the point of saying it out loud for others to hear.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if there's a way to do it without the PIN? I'm 100% sure I'm the only one using my Alexa or I can just use it on my phone. Plus what's the point of saying it out loud for others to hear.
Well, hopefully you can trust your family! :) I'm not sure about using it without the PIN, I don't have a Ford yet. But I hope to have a Maverick come spring.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can picture me watching a Youtube tutorial video about this without pressing the mute button on every Echo in the house only to see my vehicle in the driveway making various noises and flashing lights in the distance.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can picture me watching a Youtube tutorial video about this without pressing the mute button on every Echo in the house only to see my vehicle in the driveway making various noises and flashing lights in the distance.
That can't happen. You have to say "Tell FordPass" for the commands to be sent to your vehicle.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’ve become such a lazy society. Hahahaha. I don’t know which step # we’re on but it’s getting closer to Wall-E by each passing day.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Son of a gun, I enabled the skill and I'll be darned if Alexa didn't lock and unlock the car. I can see my wife using this cause she is always forgetting if she locked the car or not.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Son of a gun, I enabled the skill and I'll be darned if Alexa didn't lock and unlock the car. I can see my wife using this cause she is always forgetting if she locked the car or not.
Very cool! And I thought having a remote start on the key fob was convenient! :)

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’ve become such a lazy society. Hahahaha. I don’t know which step # we’re on but it’s getting closer to Wall-E by each passing day.
Well, if you feel lazy you can always press the remote start button on your key fob. Now that's hard work!

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, if you feel lazy you can always press the remote start button on your key fob. Now that's hard work!
Pressing a button makes me use my fingers. More work required than having a robot do it for me.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In no way shape of form will there ever be an Alexa or other similar listening device in my home.

I had one at work and it gives very strange answers to questions. Google it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Start Engine

Stop Engine

Lock Vehicle

Unlock Vehicle

Vehicle Mileage
I noticed that Amazon sells an Alexa mobile device. Would that be of any benefit?
Alexa

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Alexa is awesome. I have it set up with some speakers by my pool. I can just tell it what song to play without getting out of the water

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Voice commands are not less lazy than a key fob 🤣 I would much rather press a button on my phone/fob to start my car than use my vocal chords to tell a device to do something that it might mishear (or miss completely), and then I have to tell it to shutup so I can enunciate more of the words. I only use voice commands when I have misplaced whatever device does the thing I want.

Love my smart house, but it's still prone to me being annoyed at it haha. That said, I will ABSOLUTELY USE THIS to make sure my car is locked.

In a slightly related vein, if you rent a Ford car, the gas reading is uploaded to the rental car company at a delay, so if you fill up right before you return the car, double check they don't charge you for the incorrect reading from the cloud.
Sponsored