Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find Alexa to be a reticent b!$@h. If she never listens to me at home to get the lights turned on, has to be reminded to shut up and do as I say constantly, I am not sure I want to involve my vehicle with her :p
Sponsored

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find Alexa to be a reticent b!$@h. If she never listens to me at home to get the lights turned on, has to be reminded to shut up and do as I say constantly, I am not sure I want to involve my vehicle with her :p
Technology is a love/hate relationship, but the benefits far outweigh the detriments. I enjoy being able to ask Alexa to play music in any room of my house through Sonos speakers. Or play my favorite playlist stored on Emby. I use Alexa to wake me in the morning at the time I specify with a simple voice command. I use it when cooking to set "egg" timers. And on cold mornings when I'm getting ready to take my kid to school, I plan on starting my vehicle from upstairs. My wife tells Alexa to start the coffee in the morning when she's getting ready for work. And then there are the instant answers to numerous questions, like how long is a certain movie, or how old someone is. These are just a few situations where I find Alexa useful.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy her something nice to show you care 🤣

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Works with Google Assistant as well, though I am unsure which features. On a whim I asked Google "Tell FordPass to unlock my car" and it started walking me through setting permissions and the like.
Yeah. And you can make it even easier by setting up a routine that responds to "Start my Maverick" so you don't have to say the entire command each time. I do this with my smart lights. "hey google, darkness" will turn off all the lights.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LIMav

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat on order
I currently own a Ford Fusion with Maverick on order. The Fordpass is really MyFord Mobile app revised and I have been using Alexa to lock my doors on those nights I have already jumped in bed and suddenly remember "did I lock my car?". The command is the same "Alexa, ask MyFord Mobile to lock my car" and voila! Starting requires a PIN so it cannot be accidently started or played with by kids as this will waste fuel.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will it work from any assistant. Alexa, Siri, Cortana, or ok Google?

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, if you feel lazy you can always press the remote start button on your key fob. Now that's hard work!
You have to be in eye sight of the car for that to work, I can see how using ALexia would make it convient.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to be in eye sight of the car for that to work, I can see how using ALexia would make it convient.
I was wondering about that. With my current vehicle I can lock/unlock the doors from my kitchen without being able to see the car. But regardless, as you said Alexa would solve that problem.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had no issues remote starting indoors even inside a steel building although range is only about 50-60ft in that instance and doesn't always give a confirmed start on the remote.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had no issues remote starting indoors even inside a steel building although range is only about 50-60ft in that instance and doesn't always give a confirmed start on the remote.
Thanks for the info.