Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is FordPass part of an option group?
Available on XL ?

FordPass is an app that runs on your cellphone allowing you to interact with your truck. It's available for all trim levels. So if you have an Amazon echo, you should be able to interact using your voice with your XL. Once you link Alexa with FordPass, you should be able to say things like "Alexa start my car" or "Alexa lock my car".
Sponsored

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have FordPass connected to my Alexa (as I don't have a Ford yet), but depending on the types of integrations FordPass supports, you might be able to do it with Alexa routines, or if you're really intrepid you could set up HomeAssistant and do it that way (but it's way more prone to failure depending on lots of factors and I wouldn't personally trust it)
That would be valuable. I've had my car broken into twice over the last 10 years, while sitting in my driveway overnight. I can't be sure I locked the car each time, so an auto routine would be a nice feature.

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently own a Ford Fusion with Maverick on order. The Fordpass is really MyFord Mobile app revised and I have been using Alexa to lock my doors on those nights I have already jumped in bed and suddenly remember "did I lock my car?". The command is the same "Alexa, ask MyFord Mobile to lock my car" and voila! Starting requires a PIN so it cannot be accidently started or played with by kids as this will waste fuel.
Can you set up Alexa to run this command every night, without asking her? In much the same way you set up an alarm to wake you every morning at the same time?

LIMav

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat on order
Can you set up Alexa to run this command every night, without asking her? In much the same way you set up an alarm to wake you every morning at the same time?
I have not tried that however it may be possible to set a routine, like the one for "Alexa, Goodnight" and it turns off lights, etc. I'll have to look into that one.
Sponsored