Sponsored

Ford phonecall has confirmed the 'special offer' is just 'price protection' moving into MY23

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t know if I could handle being at the back of the line again. But at least I wouldn’t be by myself
I guess misery loves company. I am saving money as I got rid of one vehicle so I cut down on my car insurance. But, I need 2 vehicles. Hope I get it soon.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great thanks…I would expect that if I change my config to a higher trim I would pay the 2023 trim price and not the 2022…makes sense.
Technically, you will pay the 2023 price for HOWEVER you configure your truck. Then, just subtract your private offer amount from that total. In theory, if you spec your 23 order EXACTLY like your 22 order, the private offer amount should be enough to make it a wash. If you go from XLT to Lariat, your total will rise. And if you go from XLT to XL, your total price would actually decrease.

Again, this is in theory, based on what we know so far. Still have to wait to see final details. Is Ford actually going to tailor a specific "private offer" amount to each rolled over customer? Or are they just going to say, hey, everyone with an XL order gets $1,000, everyone with an XLT gets $1,500 and everyone with a Lariat gets $2,000? I don't know.

Sam Hall

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline - 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also called 800-334-4375 about my 10/21/21 Lux Hybrid Lariat 360 and moonroof. I was told I am still in the pipeline for a 22 Maverick. They are scheduling 22's through August. After that the 23's start and if not selected for a 22 I will be hearing from my dealer about converting to a 23. In addition, she said they are scheduling every day with the highest volume scheduling on Thursdays. Maybe, there is still hope?

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Technically, you will pay the 2023 price for HOWEVER you configure your truck. Then, just subtract your private offer amount from that total. In theory, if you spec your 23 order EXACTLY like your 22 order, the private offer amount should be enough to make it a wash. If you go from XLT to Lariat, your total will rise. And if you go from XLT to XL, your total price would actually decrease.

Again, this is in theory, based on what we know so far. Still have to wait to see final details. Is Ford actually going to tailor a specific "private offer" amount to each rolled over customer? Or are they just going to say, hey, everyone with an XL order gets $1,000, everyone with an XLT gets $1,500 and everyone with a Lariat gets $2,000? I don't know.
Excellent explanation. Thanks

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also called 800-334-4375 about my 10/21/21 Lux Hybrid Lariat 360 and moonroof. I was told I am still in the pipeline for a 22 Maverick. They are scheduling 22's through August. After that the 23's start and if not selected for a 22 I will be hearing from my dealer about converting to a 23. In addition, she said they are scheduling every day with the highest volume scheduling on Thursdays. Maybe, there is still hope?
It's collective understanding that starting next week, which will be October build dates, no further hybrids will be built. So if that is true then you are already toast for MY22.

Sponsored

Oceanminded

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mazda CX-5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If we get the special offer and decide to add the tremor package does that affect our place in line and would we still receive the price protection?

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kinda figured they would just match the price.

The real question is what are they going to do about interest rates. Assuming a loan of $20k over 60, a 2% jump in interest is going to cost over $2000. Plus you're going to have to pay more sales tax.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kinda figured they would just match the price.

The real question is what are they going to do about interest rates. Assuming a loan of $20k over 60, a 2% jump in interest is going to cost over $2000. Plus you're going to have to pay more sales tax.
They're not going to do anything about the rates. That ship has sailed.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

lagrene

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
September 3rd xlt lux+copilot 360 order here. Still no vin # assigned so I thought I would call the 1(800)334-4375 direct line to the maverick department instead of doing their crappy website chatdesk. I've called this number before to inquire about the "special private offer' stipulated in the email that was sent to many of us in late June with no new information.

This time, "Alyssa" told me that this 'special private offer' is actually price protection for the MY22 orders moving into MY23. I asked if there was any other discount or rebate associated with that and she said no, it is only for price protection.

No vin #, no special offer, just the original price. Gonna hit my 1 year anniversary soon. Sigh.
Got the same packages but Area 51. My anniversary date was 8/2 Haven't heard directly from Ford in a while. Dealer called a month ago and claims a build date of 9/5 I have no confidence in me getting a '22.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd be happy either way. The worst in all this is the guessing and being in the dark. I wonder how many would have still ordered if Ford would have said "It's gonna take a year"?

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
September 3rd xlt lux+copilot 360 order here. Still no vin # assigned so I thought I would call the 1(800)334-4375 direct line to the maverick department instead of doing their crappy website chatdesk. I've called this number before to inquire about the "special private offer' stipulated in the email that was sent to many of us in late June with no new information.

This time, "Alyssa" told me that this 'special private offer' is actually price protection for the MY22 orders moving into MY23. I asked if there was any other discount or rebate associated with that and she said no, it is only for price protection.

No vin #, no special offer, just the original price. Gonna hit my 1 year anniversary soon. Sigh.
Price protection from MSRP at date of order or MSRP AT END OF MY22?