Sponsored

Ford phonecall has confirmed the 'special offer' is just 'price protection' moving into MY23

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
September 3rd xlt lux+copilot 360 order here. Still no vin # assigned so I thought I would call the 1(800)334-4375 direct line to the maverick department instead of doing their crappy website chatdesk. I've called this number before to inquire about the "special private offer' stipulated in the email that was sent to many of us in late June with no new information.

This time, "Alyssa" told me that this 'special private offer' is actually price protection for the MY22 orders moving into MY23. I asked if there was any other discount or rebate associated with that and she said no, it is only for price protection.

No vin #, no special offer, just the original price. Gonna hit my 1 year anniversary soon. Sigh.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
You're getting a 2023 for the 2022 price. Personally, I think that is great.

Topdog!

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and RAV 4- Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not surprising. I was not expecting anything more than not getting a price increase on my original order. IF that is honored- I am fine with it. That's the right thing to do. IF FORD does anything more- special financing rates etc, I would be shocked.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We locked in on price /September/2021 - For a loaded Lux lariat/Eco/FX4 with moonroof - Now on build in price , it's gone up well over $1200 for the exact same build - No idea what 9/15 order bank pricing will be. Hang on ! -)

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're getting a 2023 for the 2022 price. Personally, I think that is great.
Or, if you order a hybrid with a luxury package, CP360, splash guards, a bed cover, and a bed extender, maybe a 2024 for the 2022 price! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

September 3rd xlt lux+copilot 360 order here. Still no vin # assigned so I thought I would call the 1(800)334-4375 direct line to the maverick department instead of doing their crappy website chatdesk. I've called this number before to inquire about the "special private offer' stipulated in the email that was sent to many of us in late June with no new information.

This time, "Alyssa" told me that this 'special private offer' is actually price protection for the MY22 orders moving into MY23. I asked if there was any other discount or rebate associated with that and she said no, it is only for price protection.

No vin #, no special offer, just the original price. Gonna hit my 1 year anniversary soon. Sigh.
Well, that's something! The Mav you ordered will be worth more someday when you sell it. So now you're getting a more expensive truck for the same price. BTW, I'm in the same boat, ordered last October and no word yet, no end in sight. Stop by, I'll buy you a beer.

OP
OP
TShazam

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Well, that's something! The Mav you ordered will be worth more someday when you sell it. So now you're getting a more expensive truck for the same price.
You know, it does help to look at the bright side! I just wish the waiting would end. My 03' tundra is killing me at the pump and it's on its last legs.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You know, it does help to look at the bright side! I just wish the waiting would end. My 03' tundra is killing me at the pump and it's on its last legs.
Yeah, the wait has been pretty bad. I was pretty optimistic last year when I ordered. This just put the icing on the weird times.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Until you get the actual details there is no way of knowing if the private offer will come even close to letting you get a 2023 at the original 2022 price.

Fords costs have likely gone up a lot so it is not like they can build a 2023 at the 2022 price.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure what you were expecting. You are getting a new year vehicle at a old year price, and not getting hit with inflation. OP, why did you think you were entitled to some further discount?

Sponsored

Bulldog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few weeks back I called the 1-800-Someday-You'll-Get-Maverick and recieved my build week I followed up the next week and received my build date (???still cautious here???) and they offered me a $500 discount coupon (with a coupon number) for my MY22 for having to wait 13 months+...

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What did you think it was going to be, a $5,000 discount? @fordvideoguy has been saying all along it would just be an amount to keep the cost of a 23 Maverick optioned exactly the same way as your 22 order at the same price.

Hey, that's better than nothing. Plus, Tim said it should combine with Farm Bureau discount, so you should be able to get another $500 off on top of that.

None of us is super happy about having to wait. In fact, I'm pretty ticked off TBH, but it is what it is. Unless I want to go buy a different vehicle I am pretty much at Ford's mercy here. I don't like it, but it is what it is...

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Honestly, if they gave you a discount off the 2022 original pricing from september 21, they’d probably be losing money at this point. Getting it price protected will still result in a large savings over a new 2023 order being placed next month. (keep in mind they have raised the price of 2022 two times since your order and they may raise it again for 2023 orders next month)
Yeah, it sucks you have to wait so long, but other brands have long wait times as well. It isn’t like Toyota, Tesla, or Rivian are going to give additional discounts off aside from locking in your original price either.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They may call it price protection but I will belive it when it's in my hand.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They may call it price protection but I will belive it when it's in my hand.
Now THAT I agree with. I don't believe ANYTHING Ford says anymore, until it happens.

That said, if it does come down like @fordvideoguy says, it'll actually be nice to be able to take that private offer and use it at the dealer of your choice!
Sponsored