Sponsored

Ford phonecall has confirmed the 'special offer' is just 'price protection' moving into MY23

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Until you get the actual details there is no way of knowing if the private offer will come even close to letting you get a 2023 at the original 2022 price.

Fords costs have likely gone up a lot so it is not like they can build a 2023 at the 2022 price.
Based on some of the other price protection /MY transition incentives for other vehicles that Ford has recently announced, I expect that the incentives will be a set dollar amount based on the base vehicle ordered.
So, for example, a set dollar amount for Hybrid XL, EB FWD XL, and EB AWD XL. Ditto for XLT & Lariat. Possible that some of these could be combined and there would just be a set $ for XL, XLT & Lariat. Something along those lines is what I expect (but I certainly may be wrong!)

For Lightning, the incentive is based on the configuration chosen for 23, not what was originally order in 22.
Sponsored

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now THAT I agree with. I don't believe ANYTHING Ford says anymore, until it happens.

That said, if it does come down like @fordvideoguy says, it'll actually be nice to be able to take that private offer and use it at the dealer of your choice!
This is the only bit of leverage available. If you feel like you've been totally left in the dark by your sales rep, AND you want to test the dealer's mettle, tell them you're going down the road instead. They might just throw you a (small) bone to keep the order.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now THAT I agree with. I don't believe ANYTHING Ford says anymore, until it happens.

That said, if it does come down like @fordvideoguy says, it'll actually be nice to be able to take that private offer and use it at the dealer of your choice!
Yes It would be nice but that means you loose your place in line. It would be starting over from scratch. I would have done things differently knowing what I know now. But really can't wait another year after waiting almost 8 months.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t know if I could handle being at the back of the line again. But at least I wouldn’t be by myself

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I order 09/09. I’ve been scheduled for production for 06/25, 07/25 and now 08/15.
hybrid XL with copilot and hitch

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes It would be nice but that means you loose your place in line. It would be starting over from scratch. I would have done things differently knowing what I know now. But really can't wait another year after waiting almost 8 months.
Let me ask you, based on all the ridiculousness we've seen with orders being selected for builds this year, how much your place in line is worth.

I'm not saying I want to go to the back of the line either but at the same time when people who ordered in January are driving trucks and people who ordered July of 2021 are still waiting I'd take our "priority" status with a big grain of salt!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the only bit of leverage available. If you feel like you've been totally left in the dark by your sales rep, AND you want to test the dealer's mettle, tell them you're going down the road instead. They might just throw you a (small) bone to keep the order.
Believe me I want to do a lot of things but after 10 months I'm kind of beat into submission here. Been looking forward to it and I just want the damn truck. I would add some things but I'm just worried about losing my place in line. The way everything is going this would be a mood lifter.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, if they gave you a discount off the 2022 original pricing from september 21, they’d probably be losing money at this point. Getting it price protected will still result in a large savings over a new 2023 order being placed next month. (keep in mind they have raised the price of 2022 two times since your order and they may raise it again for 2023 orders next month)
Yeah, it sucks you have to wait so long, but other brands have long wait times as well. It isn’t like Toyota, Tesla, or Rivian are going to give additional discounts off aside from locking in your original price either.
I see you already got your truck but the rest of us haven't. You would feel differently if you were still waiting just like the rest of us.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point I don't care for price protection. Just build my truck already!!!

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Price protection @ Sept 2021 price... Plus the 1.9% financing I was promised?

Sponsored

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, that's something! The Mav you ordered will be worth more someday when you sell it. So now you're getting a more expensive truck for the same price. BTW, I'm in the same boat, ordered last October and no word yet, no end in sight. Stop by, I'll buy you a beer.
I likewise ordered last October. Only thing that has changed is my dealer advised I'm at priority code 2 from the 19 I have been at since order date. I think I see light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the production of the MY23 will be towards the end of THIS year and doesn't roll over into 2023. Patience is the name of the game.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I missed it but let’s say I change the configuration of my vehicle how will that affect my “special offer”? Example I go from a XLT to a Lariat.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I missed it but let’s say I change the configuration of my vehicle how will that affect my “special offer”? Example I go from a XLT to a Lariat.
Your private offer will be based on your 2022 configuration. You can do what you wish with it, changing features or trims will not effect it.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your private offer will be based on your 2022 configuration. You can do what you wish with it, changing features or trims will not effect it.
Great thanks…I would expect that if I change my config to a higher trim I would pay the 2023 trim price and not the 2022…makes sense.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I order 09/09. I’ve been scheduled for production for 06/25, 07/25 and now 08/15.
hybrid XL with copilot and hitch
I was in the same boat as you but somehow received mine last week. Maybe they had white paint available. XL Hybrid Oxford white ordered 9/20/21, CP360 and hitch, built 5/23/22, delivered 8/2/22 After receipt, used Ford Pass points to purchase the DIBL (constraint) and I ordered the mud flaps and bug deflector (I’ve read are constraints now) and all 3 items came 2 days later. It is strange. I had thought they were going in order of dates. Maybe that is within each dealer, region or what’s available.
Sponsored